• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 10, 2017, 01:46:40 AM
How did Yorkshire Pud end up on bellgab i heard he was never a fan of art bell or coast to coast what brings him here? asking for a friend.
Probably the same way most of us got here...

Quote from: Σ> on February 11, 2017, 05:22:03 AM
lycos?

Wow.  Now there is a blast from the past!

Looks like Duck Duck to me

Quote from: Σ> on February 11, 2017, 05:22:03 AM
lycos?
W_A_N nailed it. DDG.
I think lycos is still out there though. ;)
It's kind of cool to see the site as the first return on a search. :)

K - found it. BG still has top billing in the return, but some of the results are hilarious, especially the uncyclopedia & Knight's Christian Commentaries (quoted below.)  ;D
http://search5.lycos.com/web/?q=george+noory+sucks&keyvol=FA02D34CE00ABC10FE

I was going to quote some sections of the uncyclopedia, but there is just too much that is funny.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/George_Noory

...and from KCC:  " Remember that time he said he was on vacation and in a taxi and the driver seemed so nervous that he feared he was about to be kidnapped, so left? Maybe there was a plot by Mexican drug lords who hated his show so much they were plotting to do the world a favor by getting rid of his ass"      :D

CornyCrow

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 11, 2017, 01:23:15 AM
Holy Crap, she even looked like a reptilian as a kid. :o
She's going to be stuck hosting the Trumps when they visit.  There is no where in England that is as safe for them.  I remember when Bush the W was in the same position.  He landed his helicopter on her lawn and demolished parts of her decades old rose bushes.  Poor Queen!

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2017, 12:23:51 AM
Brig, proceed cautiously ...  that same logic is how you ended up on bellgab.

Understood, but I've never been sorry.  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 11, 2017, 06:18:12 AM
W_A_N nailed it. DDG.
I think lycos is still out there though. ;)
It's kind of cool to see the site as the first return on a search. :)

K - found it. BG still has top billing in the return, but some of the results are hilarious, especially the uncyclopedia & Knight's Christian Commentaries (quoted below.)  ;D
http://search5.lycos.com/web/?q=george+noory+sucks&keyvol=FA02D34CE00ABC10FE

I was going to quote some sections of the uncyclopedia, but there is just too much that is funny.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/George_Noory

...and from KCC:  " Remember that time he said he was on vacation and in a taxi and the driver seemed so nervous that he feared he was about to be kidnapped, so left? Maybe there was a plot by Mexican drug lords who hated his show so much they were plotting to do the world a favor by getting rid of his ass"      :D

OMG!  This is great!  Thank you, Logan. ;D

TigerLily

Haven't listened to Heather in months ... and months ... and months. But Peter Levenda is supposed to be talking about H.P. Lovecraft. I thinking he is the same guy who was on with Ian Punnett discussing "Ratline" which was really interesting.

Will I be sorry?

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on February 13, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
Haven't listened to Heather in months ... and months ... and months. But Peter Levenda is supposed to be talking about H.P. Lovecraft. I thinking he is the same guy who was on with Ian Punnett discussing "Ratline" which was really interesting.

Will I be sorry?

awww i am torn..can my love for Lovecraft overcome my loathing of Heather's...what ever we want to call it..interviewing style

TigerLily

Peter is doing all the talking and Heather is just occasionally making a Noory noise. So far really good. He already made a Cthulhu reference

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on February 13, 2017, 11:59:56 PM
Peter is doing all the talking and Heather is just occasionally making a Noory noise. So far really good. He already made a Cthulhu reference

i snorted at that

Quote from: TigerLily on February 13, 2017, 11:32:03 PM

Will I be sorry?

You most likely will be sorry, because The Lovecraft Code is the title of a novel he wrote with a preposterous plot loosely based on Lovecraft's Cthulu mythology. It's just another shameless book plug show with a misleading title, because his true passion is Nazi occult stuff.

Lovecraft creeps me out like no other writer, and when I was in college I had to sleep with a light on after reading "Dreams in the Witch House."

Cheers, TL!

trostol

i do not recall Cthulhu ever being mentioned as being someones high priest

trostol

did he say Call of Cthulhu was his first story? lol

TigerLily

Hi RGG. I have to admit I'm entertained tonight. Heather is making a few inane comments but mainly just letting the story unfold

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on February 14, 2017, 12:24:43 AM
this guy might be full of it

http://www.hplovecraft.com/life/myths.aspx#crowley

Most of the MiTD and C2C guests are but if they tell a good tale I'm fine with it

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on February 14, 2017, 12:10:12 AM
i do not recall Cthulhu ever being mentioned as being someones high priest

You are the high priest

trostol

what does supernatural things have to do with religion

trostol

i remember this guy now...blah...plus i think we are moving from Lovecraft now

TigerLily

Does he just use Lovecraft Code as the title because they're good buzzwords?

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on February 14, 2017, 01:02:03 AM

who knows..seems he tried to make a story in the Lovecraftian mold but went a bit too far with tying it into like..Da Vinci Code

Quote from: TigerLily on February 14, 2017, 01:02:03 AM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 14, 2017, 12:06:50 AM
You most likely will be sorry, because The Lovecraft Code is the title of a novel he wrote with a preposterous plot loosely based on Lovecraft's Cthulu mythology. It's just another shameless book plug show with a misleading title.

You can't say you weren't warned.