• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Donald Noory

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 27, 2013, 01:23:35 AM

And yeah, if I were on the radio, I wouldn't want to listen to myself either...

Lilith

Our younger generation probably wouldn't know what to do with themselves if the power went out for an extended period of time.

Lilith

I have no problem moving forward into a "quantum future" as long as they remember to teach people how to take care of themselves if the grid fails long term/permanently.

Lilith

Heathers going to contemplate over the break.

Lilith

He's calling thoughts "holograms", but I'm not convinced that's what thoughts are.

Quote from: brig on September 08, 2016, 11:36:33 PM
He's calling thoughts "holograms", but I'm not convinced that's what thoughts are.

Our thoughts have the same kind of underlying math as a holographic projection is the general idea.

Lilith

"The complexities of existence management" sounds very "New World Order" to me.

Quote from: mv on September 08, 2016, 10:42:44 PM
she should have embraced the gab.
HOLY F**K ! !    MV's pregnant.      :o           :D

All hail "SAGE" MV  :)

Lilith

Ah yes, the last paragraph in his bio on the MITD page:

"He was also a senior fellow at the Institute for Global Futures, a consulting group which provides strategic research, analysis, technical due diligence, and related technology centric development services to Fortune 500 companies and institutions worldwide."

I'm not surprised at all.

He looks like a nice guy in his photo though.

Lets hope the supercomputer AI observes Art Bell and decides to quit after 3 months.

Lilith

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 08, 2016, 11:39:43 PM

He'll be needing more diaper money soon.

Lilith

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 08, 2016, 11:43:41 PM
Lets hope the supercomputer AI observes Art Bell and decides to quit after 3 months.

Right?

I'm thinking the same thing.

Quote from: brig on September 08, 2016, 11:43:53 PM
He'll be needing more diaper money soon.

He'll be able to milk that stomach boob for the big $$$ of human breast milk.
I think it's a ploy to bring back Falkie to bellgab.

TigerLily

Quote from: mv on September 08, 2016, 10:42:44 PM
she should have embraced the gab.

I'm a very casual listener anymore. Not listening tonight. But does she even read wormholes now? I can't remember too many from the few times I've listened recently

TigerLily

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 08, 2016, 11:39:43 PM

He's not just some random fat dude, anymore. He's kinda special now

Quote from: TigerLily on September 08, 2016, 11:47:10 PM
I'm a very casual listener anymore. Not listening tonight. But does she even read wormholes now? I can't remember too many from the few times I've listened recently

Subscribers are the only ones that can use that feature. There are few if any at all.

Traditional server farms use so much energy they are building them right next door to the power plants now.

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on September 08, 2016, 11:50:08 PM
He's not just some random fat dude, anymore. He's kinda special now

He's always been a very special random fat dude to me.  :)

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 08, 2016, 10:44:46 PM
I know this is an unpopular option but there are worse host than Heather. A couple of last weeks shows I enjoyed. There are some of her mannerisms that drive me insane but at least she is trying. I hope Keith and Art if they want to keep the show and network alive do more to help her. She would really benefit from some conventional training. I do give her credit for showing up night after night and doing a lot of work to even keep the show alive in its current form.
True, and the misplaced diphthongs and allophones gotta go. Although I have noticed her cadence is improving somewhat.

I'm in biopharma and the algorithms aren't what he makes them out to be. They are about protecting yourself from taxes.

TigerLily

Quote from: brig on September 08, 2016, 11:52:56 PM
He's always been a very special random fat dude to me.  :)

Praise mv and the mini mv. And ok if I add a praise brig, too?

Lilith

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 08, 2016, 11:52:33 PM
Traditional server farms use so much energy they are building them right next door to the power plants now.

I just heard someone talking about that on one of the programs I listen to.  I don't remember if it was MITD or not.

I had trouble understanding it all, but it seemed like they even have to put power plant extentions of some sort out in unpopulated areas, with these things build right next to the power plant extentions.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 08, 2016, 11:43:41 PM
Lets hope the supercomputer AI observes & emulates Art Bell and decides to quit after 3 months.
FIFY    ;)

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on September 08, 2016, 11:56:20 PM
Praise mv and the mini mv. And ok if I add a praise brig, too?

She is not worthy, but she appreciates the spirit of the thought.  :-*

TigerLily

Quote from: rekcuf on September 08, 2016, 11:51:27 PM
Subscribers are the only ones that can use that feature. There are few if any at all.

Exactly what I'm thinking.  And I'm suspicious that she makes callers wait a half hour before she picks up. Too many people have mentioned they have to hold that long. Coinshedensh?