• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 22, 2016, 11:32:09 PM
No, you don't want Jesus to make an appearance. That means the end of the world is here.

I don't know if I'd understand his accent.  I used to understand Mexican accents but have lost it since living in a mostly-Japanese-speaking household.

trostol

i meay have to rethink my previous opinion on Star Trek Captains...Pike is kind of a bad ass

AvDaBr

Quote from: comaphobe on January 22, 2016, 11:30:14 PM
Literally, it has hardly snowed at all this year. There was a mild fall and then there was golfing in the Northeast during the Christmas Holidays. The fairways weren't even yellow, they were still bright green and some trees still had leaves.

Snow happens, usually 6 weeks ago. It's almost Feb and snow is long overdue.

I assume this comes from cable news networks. Snow of the Century every winter, then it's in Metro and all the other redundant spin rags filled with AP and reuters headlines, bullshit celebrities, and a crossword puzzle on the last page.

Truth.  The only Storm of the Century that actually was, to my memory anyway, was the March 1993 Superstorm.

Hog

"The meaner you are, the cooler you are."

peace
Hog

Sean92008

Quote from: brig on January 22, 2016, 11:34:38 PM
Yes , I think it was.

It used to be so much fun to make fun of Dave because of his imminent demise...  Art had come back and shit was exploding all over the place.  Then...

Dave's still standing.  Dave won.  Long live Dave.   :'(

Element 115

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 22, 2016, 11:29:54 PM
Where's that link to see the number of listeners?

I thought I bookmarked it but I didn't, wish I knew.

Falsify weather reports so people go and hoard food? First time I've heard that theory.

trostol

snow and wind is starting to pick up now here

Coffeeman

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 22, 2016, 11:34:07 PM
I don't know if I'd understand his accent.  I used to understand Mexican accents but have lost it since living in a mostly-Japanese-speaking household.

My extended family is from the Kansai area, it's almost impossible for me to understand them when they get together.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 22, 2016, 11:40:17 PM
snow and wind is starting to pick up now here

Lol so your saying hoagie was right?

trostol

i dont think it was ever supposed to be bad in Ohio with this storm

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 22, 2016, 11:41:04 PM

i never doubted him with the fact it was supposed to snow..i laughed at him with the someone is causing it...also...his experiment last night..didnt work lol

comaphobe

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 22, 2016, 11:32:09 PM
No, you don't want Jesus to make an appearance. That means the end of the world is here.

Or it could mean that it's time to bowl a few frames.

Quote from: DeltaBravo on January 22, 2016, 11:38:22 PM
I give DMDN less then 30 days.

12/10/2015

"Listen, I am telling the truth.  MITD and DMDN won't last the month.  Believe me, this network won't be on past 30 days.  Seriously, I am telling the truth."

stenjay

Quote from: norland2424 on January 22, 2016, 11:41:04 PM

I hope that Hoagie picks apart a picture of a snowflake from the storm for 2 hours that has "stunning geometry"

inuk2600

Quote from: Kolchak on January 22, 2016, 11:33:27 PM
I wonder if the anti-christ will call up and explain that his sinful pleasure is eating cheesecake.

Everyone knows the anti-christ prefers

Sean92008

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 22, 2016, 11:41:01 PM
My extended family is from the Kansai area, it's almost impossible for me to understand them when they get together.

My big problem was speaking Spanish in Japan, "ikura desuka?" turned into "cuanto cuesta?"  Embarrassing then but I did end up speaking Spanish to some Japanese through the years...

DeltaBravo

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 22, 2016, 11:42:18 PM
12/10/2015

"Listen, I am telling the truth.  MITD and DMDN won't last the month.  Believe me, this network won't be on past 30 days.  Seriously, I am telling the truth."

*REPORTED

A new Magic: the Gathering set is out today.  Pro Magic players, rejoice.

"You had a pretty incredible season. Is Magic your only source of income?

Currently, yes. I'm studying economics at Bridgewater State. My wife works full time. Having a good year made things a lot easier.

According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, you made $51,284. Is that close to the truth?

It's probably close to that, but that's only the Wizards stuff. Then there's some additional stuff like the StarCityGames circuit and random other stuff like Magic Online. That was probably a few extra thousand dollars. I would say that approximately $50,000 to $60,000 is what I made last season.

And what about in previous years?

The season before I probably made $15,000 to $20,000 in the Wizards stuff and then random, smaller amounts in other places."

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/wizards