• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WinWinS

Quote from: spookcat on June 06, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
We need more purple.

Spookcat wanted more purple...well it doesn't get more lavander than The Purple One.....Prince
His bday is June 7th

Sean92008

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 10:56:15 PM
Guess who's bday it is in 4 mins

Ok...  Lemme guess...  The Purple One???  (He's now ashen gray, btw...)

El Chorro

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 10:59:58 PM
Spookcat wanted more purple...well it doesn't get more lavander than The Purple One.....Prince
His bday is June 7th

Oh. Well that was random  :P

Belles

Just woke up so I still have 'I need coffee brain`.  How do we know there aren't AI programs communicating with each other in their own language , but it's so deeply embedded that researchers, scientist, programmers don't even know it's occurring?

WinWinS

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 11:00:06 PM
Ok...  Lemme guess...  The Purple One???  (He's now ashen gray, btw...)

Spookcat

Sean92008

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 10:59:58 PM
His bday is June 7th
Is my Art Bell Kool Aid man acceptable?

(Representations:  Stalker, Asia cowering, air tank, cigarette, crack pipe (to believe the sniper story), Airyn in disgust...) Color was red until Art died...  The purple was, well, what he turned...

Quote from: zeebo on June 06, 2018, 10:57:19 PM
Did you guys ever try cleverbot.com?  I just had this exchange.

Why are clouds fluffy?
Because they aren't in the ground.

Where is the ground?
Under our feet.

Do you have feet?
What kind of a question is that? Of course I have feet.

I checked out that site. Kinda creepy and now it probably has my ip address.

zeebo

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 06, 2018, 11:02:27 PM
I checked out that site. Kinda creepy and now it probably has my ip address.

Don't worry I'm sure it likes you.

Belles

Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2018, 10:59:15 PM
Trying to keep up with his brain

Yes. I do it too, at times.

Quote from: Bluejay on June 06, 2018, 11:01:03 PM

Thanks for that, it's burned into my brain. Now I have to look for a new Avatar!

painter17

Quote from: username on June 06, 2018, 10:50:39 PM
The gullibility in individuals is astonishing to observe, honesty is what is lacking in the "paranormal", field.

did you see /pol?

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 09:25:42 PM
Just proving she and/or her sycophants are watching the wise kiddos at BellGab.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: painter17 on June 06, 2018, 11:05:19 PM
did you see /pol?

I don't visit a site that re-ignited the flat earth cult.

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 11:05:34 PM
He would be 60 today

Wow. He looked much younger! Maybe Minnesota has fringe benefits.

zeebo

Hey Dave I have a Q for the guest.  Is IBM's Watson considered an actual AI?  Or is it just a super-efficient text-parsing/internet-searching program?  In other words, it looks smart, but is it actually smart?

WinWinS

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 06, 2018, 11:08:38 PM
Wow. He looked much younger! Maybe Minnesota has fringe benefits.

The cold preserves us LOL

Aquarius

Ms. Winnie,

Please ask Dave to get Michael Pollan on the show. He's just put out a new book, really good. I've read parts of it so far and just ordered it to read the whole thing. It's called:

How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence Hardcover â€" published May 15, 2018    by Michael Pollan (Author)

He's talking about his experiences with mushrooms, but with a broader and deeper perspective, including some of the recent medical research on how psychedelics can be used to ease many psychological and emotional issues, including being used in hospice to comfort those who are dying of cancer (Johns Hopkins, NYU, other research hospitals) to very positive effect.

It would be a great show, Pollan is very articulate and I think Mr. Dave would do a great job!

Thanks!

Spookcat

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 11:05:34 PM
He would be 60 today

I never would have guessed.
I'm still in mourning over David Bowie.

WinWinS

Quote from: Aquarius on June 06, 2018, 11:09:40 PM
Ms. Winnie,

Please ask Dave to get Michael Pollan on the show. He's just put out a new book, really good. I've read parts of it so far and just ordered it to read the whole thing. It's called:

How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence Hardcover â€" published May 15, 2018    by Michael Pollan (Author)

He's talking about his experiences with mushrooms, but with a broader and deeper perspective, including some of the recent medical research on how psychedelics can be used to ease many psychological and emotional issues, including being used in hospice to comfort those who are dying of cancer (Johns Hopkins, NYU, other research hospitals) to very positive effect.

It would be a great show, Pollan is very articulate and I think Mr. Dave would do a great job!

Thanks!

will do thanks

Aquarius

Quote from: spookcat on June 06, 2018, 11:09:43 PM
I never would have guessed.
I'm still in mourning over David Bowie.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming." David Bowie

It's on the T-shirt I am wearing at this very moment. I will say no more <g>.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on June 06, 2018, 11:08:01 PM

I don't visit a site that re-ignited the flat earth cult.

Cult?! Please! It's just some guys experimenting with some mental calisthenics. Liberalism, that's a cult! ;D