• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 04, 2018, 11:40:51 PM
Gods they're deluded.
How are they going to prove Art handed her the keys to the kingdom of Nye, maybe he gave her a key and said, "here baby, take these keys to my kingdom" and they were to his shed.

teknoslag

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 04, 2018, 11:40:51 PM
Gods they're deluded.

I still believe wholeheartedly this is a Poe. It might be wishful thinking on my part though. It just seems too ridiculous... even for them.  ;D

That warrior picture...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WinWinS

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 11:33:19 PM
Lemme guess, he's BANNED, right?

I wish people would stop trying to dissuade her...  Or maybe that's what inspires her to double down...

Mr. Winnie is soliciting for the Darkness app, good for him!

Hi Miss Winnie.

hello

Quote from: teknoslag on June 04, 2018, 11:43:15 PM
I still believe wholeheartedly this is a Poe. It might be wishful thinking on my part though. It just seems too ridiculous... even for them.  ;D

That warrior picture...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The picture sold me on it's authenticity, lool.

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on June 04, 2018, 11:43:00 PM
How are they going to prove Art handed her the keys to the kingdom of Nye, maybe he gave her a key and said, "here baby, take these keys to my kingdom" and they were to his shed.

The love child of course!

Quote from: spookcat on June 04, 2018, 11:42:45 PM
That'll never work but if it did, I'm sure the courts would LOVE to see their threats to Keith.

Nevermind the recent stuff, imagine them going through Heather's own post history here?

K_Dubb

On Russians:  "General, colonel, whatever -- they have screwed-up ranks over there."  Haha this guy is great.

Seems to be a reference to Colonel General https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_general#Russia

Jocko Johnson

PBS...my sympathies. Drive carefully and hang in there.

Belles

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 PM
REX-84, man.

FEMA just cuts checks, if you live in good neighborhoods. And puts you in formaldahyde Chinese trailers if you're not.

There are 100's of ppl here who have been out of their homes due to Harvey. They didn't get trailers. What's sad is that you can see a shitload of empty FEMA trailers sitting in fields off the highway.

Dyna-X

He asked my question :) Thanks Dave, Winnie and General Ken!

BTW HAL-S - High Order Assembly Language (made for the space shuttle) - the language was designed to move data and commands from thousands of sensors and tranducers - would be perfect for transmission and electric distribution.

Windows is complete garbage in comparison

Kolchak

It's awesome that Dave is willing to show up and crank out an interesting program in the face of technical difficulty as opposed to, say, pouting in a corner.

Quote from: zeebo on June 04, 2018, 11:15:28 PM
Truly nonsensical.  Her show is basically just her talking to people, like pretty much every other podcast.  Yet she sounds convinced she can only do this within Art's hallowed, pre-built show structure complete with his show name, bumpers, promos, references, etc.  Very unhealthy attachment to the whole conceit of carrying on the legacy.  Hope someone can talk some sense into her but that only seems to make her double-down on the crusade talk.

There are def some disconnects going on.  Her failure to accept Keith owns the name.  The idea she's carrying on a legacy of another entertainer by copying his cadence, word choices, bumpers, phone number voice overs.  That the name of the show is of utmost importance.  The 'unboxing' portion of the show.  Choosing Lasha, a known unpleasant gasbag, as a close friend.  Erratic behavior, phoniness, and unpleasant personal conduct in general.

She wouldn't be the first person to move out to a desert in the middle of nowhere and go crazy.  Assuming she didn't arrive that way.  Art didn't do her any favors.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 04, 2018, 11:46:03 PM
On Russians:  "General, colonel, whatever -- they have screwed-up ranks over there."  Haha this guy is great.

Seems to be a reference to Colonel General https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_general#Russia

He is awesome.  Bringing up Holly Deo not Stan and so much good stuff.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2018, 11:28:26 PM

Oh, Scott. You sweet, summer child.

In answer to the lawyer's question about Art being less Art.. Yes Art was less Art when he started MITD.  He was still great to listen to but he was, well, less Art.

Spookcat

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 04, 2018, 11:46:03 PM

They still have nothing on Air Chief Marshall FuFu of Thailand. May he rest in peace.

Kolchak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 04, 2018, 11:51:04 PM
she wouldn't be the first person to move out to a desert in the middle of nowhere and go crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVoJgQ7u8w

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 04, 2018, 11:49:06 PM

BTW HAL-S - High Order Assembly Language (made for the space shuttle) - the language was designed to move data and commands from thousands of sensors and tranducers - would be perfect for transmission and electric distribution.

If the horror of numale coding practices and web frameworks of six million dependencies finds its way to our grid, we're all doomed.

AstroBuzz

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2018, 11:49:37 PM
It's awesome that Dave is willing to show up and crank out an interesting program in the face of technical difficulty as opposed to, say, pouting in a corner.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Great show tonight!

And people fucking wonder why there's an earning gap.

Spookcat

That's how you know Dave was a great pick to take over the show.

Belles

If you watched Mark Zuckerburg  testify in front of Congress you know they (congress) don't have a clue.

Aquarius

Quote from: kidshare on June 04, 2018, 11:30:04 PM
As President.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-first-president-to-protect-electric-grid-from-emp-cyberattacks

But not cyberattacks and hacking during election processes... which both parties were informed about prior to the 2016 election. Oh well.

zeebo

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 11:24:20 PM
Her inflexibility is indicative of mental deficiency or part of a  grifting attempt.

Heather is beyond recovery, Her just desserts will be my entertainment.

I'm trying to hang onto my last few shreds of pathos, but ... wait, there goes another one.

Dyna-X

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 04, 2018, 11:53:04 PM
If the horror of numale coding practices and web frameworks of six million dependencies finds its way to our grid, we're all doomed.

Folks don't seem to realize that the entire power grid could be ran from an air-gapped 386 with properly coded software. Fuck all the "Smart Grid" shit.

Sean92008

2 hours strong and the blue pill of MitD is pumping strong down the home stretch...

Great show, Dave's a pro.

zeebo

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
Oh, Scott. You sweet, summer child.

We need a Keith the white walker pic.

teknoslag

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 04, 2018, 11:44:47 PM

The picture sold me on it's authenticity, lool.

"There will be no live show tonight, as planned."

So... she was planning on not doing a live show? I don't know what to get out of that.  ;D

Norm

Ok, I'll bite, great show Dave!

Sean92008

Quote from: Belles on June 04, 2018, 11:55:11 PM
If you watched Mark Zuckerburg  testify in front of Congress you know they (congress) don't have a clue.
Did you hear the reverse speech?  Wow!

heater

Quote from: teknoslag on June 04, 2018, 11:34:30 PM

You know whats funny?  I created the image they are using as the ‘logo’ on that facebook account. I created it for Art. I maintain my rights as a copyrighted and versioned multimedia media asset.  Can I have a lawyer too?

Sean92008

Keith must remove that save the food PSA.

He should run a mental health PSA...

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 12:01:48 AM
Keith must remove that save the food PSA.
What is funny is that if you give out left over food to the homeless you can get fined.