• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: 69CheckMate on May 28, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

As a first step eliminate the warning labels in foreign languages. Let that sort out. Because that will take some doing, even if many who waltz across the open border are not literate in their own language. But also because I have a perverse pleasure in reading the warning labels that are so bizarre. They are hilarious, if not so sad that lawyers, or risk management types, demand companies make them. Coffee is hot, a flexible cheap-plastic "Jason" children's Halloween hockey-mask made in China had to say "not affiliated with Paramount's Friday the 13th franchise or character" and "not for use in sport," and how jars of mixed nuts might have been "made in a factory used to process nuts"- and some of the nuts are not, technically, even nuts!

albrecht

Quote from: Father Jack on May 28, 2018, 07:27:07 PM
But Father ain't no father no more.
And weren't you some kind of Brother anyway? Not in the Baptist 'brother' or urban 'brother' but in terms of some order?

Pizzapunch

Lasha felt the need to weigh in with her thoughts on Dave's live q and a

Father Jack

Albrecht,

Yes I was a Benedictine monk from 1965 to 1969.......USN from 1969 to 1973.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 28, 2018, 06:37:02 PM
And BTW, I love my listeners and I'm happy to have them...but I'd like to think that if I ever went off the air for a stretch, they'd be able to live happy, productive lives and not obsess over "what I'm going through" and what forces are lining up against me. Her "fans" have some deep-rooted psychoses and her own issues allow her to exploit that. F'n scary combination. This is how cults succeed.

Indeed.

Bluejay

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 28, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
Most of her fans there have FB pages focused on cats.   She should go out and corner the market on a cat show.  I'm serious....Many are asking for updates on her cats.  She really doesn't need this Art legacy stuff.  She could become the Cat Queen of all Media.  Probably a lot more money.  Just sayin'
This is probably due to the cats being the only aspect of her personal life that she has shared on the air with the audience.  They are just grasping at straws - the only topic they can possibly use to suck up to her.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 28, 2018, 07:30:24 PM

If he’s a slut, what does that make Lasha? The Madame who never gave up the night job?

Honestly, she’s jealous, and has no reason to be. She’s not even The Legacy.

albrecht

Quote from: Father Jack on May 28, 2018, 07:33:12 PM
Albrecht,

You should "rite" a book on your experiences, good and bad.

Pizzapunch

And BTW, I love my listeners and I'm happy to have them...but I'd like to think that if I ever went off the air for a stretch, they'd be able to live happy, productive lives and not obsess over "what I'm going through" and what forces are lining up against me. Her "fans" have some deep-rooted psychoses and her own issues allow her to exploit that. F'n scary combination. This is how cults succeed.

There are some major co-dependency issues with her fans. It's really kind of scary. Just look at the sheep supposedly willing to follow her into area 51.

albrecht

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 28, 2018, 07:34:49 PM
If he’s a slut, what does that make Lasha? The Madame who never gave up the night job?
I know the term "slut" has been "reclaimed" by modern feminists but, now, does it also apply to males?

Cowkiller

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 28, 2018, 07:30:24 PM
Well yeah, after heather asked her to stop harassing her fans she had to go somewhere.

BettyO417

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 28, 2018, 07:25:05 PM
The guy across the hall from me the year I lived in a dorm would fart and wipe his ass with a shirt he'd grab out of his dirty clothes basket.  Said it was just going into the wash anyway...

Holy Crap, literally!!!!!! A real shitard...💩 Glad he was across the hallfrom you.
Where in the hell do these people come from... At least grab some newspaper or something, not your freaking clothes. 😱🤢

Thanks PB, that will be in my head for a day or so.. “Me to self, remove shitheads ass wipe from my minds eye”. 😳🤪

Bluejay

BettyO417

Quote from: Father Jack on May 28, 2018, 07:27:07 PM
But Father ain't no father no more.

True, but I ‘ll bet you can get one heck of a prayer on to save Chefist from the claws of the she devil!😉

BettyO417

Quote from: Father Jack on May 28, 2018, 07:33:12 PM
Albrecht,

Thank you for your service too Father Jack.. Your service for the Creator and your service for the people! I’d say #Legacy...

Dyna-X

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 28, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
Most of her fans there have FB pages focused on cats.   She should go out and corner the market on a cat show.  I'm serious....Many are asking for updates on her cats.  She really doesn't need this Art legacy stuff.  She could become the Cat Queen of all Media.  Probably a lot more money.  Just sayin'
"Where would we be without THC?, The Higherside CAT Show..."
Though Greg Carlwood would not be happy about that.

Father Jack

Betty, thank you but I don't see either one as a very big deal. BTW my wife is also a veteran.

SergeantMajor

I assume the Heather Wade debac...er..show begins at 9 PST. Is that correct?

SergeantMajor

Quote from: Father Jack on May 28, 2018, 07:45:47 PM
Betty, thank you but I don't see either one as a very big deal. BTW my wife is also a veteran.

Mine too. We met in Germany, same unit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 28, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
Well, we should wish them well every day but Memorial Day is to remember those who died in service to their country and their families. I guess it could be considered "happy" as in like an Irish wake? But  should be somber and reflective, at least for a bit. It is about DEAD people who gave their lives in service.

Veteran's Day is to celebrate and thank the on-going service, or those who have served, regardless of live or dead, and their families.

Armed Forces Day is to thank serving now, and still alive folks, and their families.

I include families (even if maybe not official) in all because they are effected as well as the person and so deserve thanks or thoughts and prayers and support.

Thanks albrecht.  I get tired of explaining it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SergeantMajor on May 28, 2018, 07:47:10 PM
Mine too. We met in Germany, same unit.

You’re both married to the same woman?

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on May 28, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
The irony was she wasn't ironic in that song...they were all coincidences and bad luck...no ironic examples at all...freaking Canadians.  ::)
Meh.  Everything is subjective.  There is no "hard truth" anymore...

Besides, how much do you figure she pulled in off of that song? ;)

malliard

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 28, 2018, 07:19:55 PM
It's a Snowball.
Jim has the Yeti.

and for the record.. .much harder to throw then a snowball as well..

Mr Apnea

Quote from: SergeantMajor on May 28, 2018, 07:46:20 PM
I assume the Heather Wade debac...er..show begins at 9 PST. Is that correct?

Yes.  I was hoping for Vara venting today, but I guess it will have to wait for tomorrow.