• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151211 - Brendon Tarpley - Time Traveler

Started by FLLFlash, December 11, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Pumamama

Quote from: MV on December 12, 2015, 12:10:29 AM
man i'm so goddamn lost here.  i've been working on a paper (finals) since 6PM and i had no idea any of this was going down until, oooh, about 30 minutes ago.

Art quit.
Heather has been named new host of MITD.
Guest is Brandon, a time traveller (not a subscriber, an 'actual' time traveler).
Brandon is not credible.
When his call was dropped, Art called in.

Spinner

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 12:03:36 AM
So now Art is on as a guest interviewing the original guest on his show which he just quit six hours ago.
Well, when you put it like that...  LOL
Oh, what a night!

Quote from: maren on December 12, 2015, 12:05:50 AM
You know, I've been thinking, there does come a time when the torch has to be passed, and Heather may grow into a phenom.  I think she's pretty fucking amazing tonight in her debut, especially with all the glitches she's had to deal with.
She handled them professionally IMO. Heather is doing a good job.

Catsmile

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 12:04:16 AM
I'm sure he signed a pre-nup she can't financially leave.

They got married in the RPI, there is NO divorce in the Philippines.
Getting unhitched there is difficult at best.   

HumanBeing

Quote from: ShayP on December 12, 2015, 12:05:06 AM
Okay I get that this is Heather's soft rollout and Art is lifting her up.  Congrats...I dig it...I support her.  However, if Art was in fear of his, or his family's, life he wouldn't be on tonight.  Sorry...I just had to get the cynic out of me.  :-\

I think his wife said it is either us or the show and of course he chose his family.

didn't think about that

wait Art just called him Brian.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 12, 2015, 12:10:47 AM
Yeah, that's pretty huge. Also, I'd assume there would be more than 51 states by then.

It's already not in effect, contrary to what most think.

Q-Pi

Being lazy, I'm an $8 Time Traveler.... And  therefore  must get better shows. Also wondering if the "two max" Friday rule applies to acid tabs? Because it's like none of these people know Friday is for OPEN LINES.

Did Brendon just say "internets"?

ShayP

Maybe Art should just buy an RV and hook it up where he can broadcast from anywhere.  He could travel the country and nobody would know where he was until the show.

I came back because I knew this would be Art's last show.

*drop mic, close skype*

Juan Cena

Quote from: akwilly on December 12, 2015, 12:10:40 AM
How the heck would someone feel safer in the philippines than in Nevada?

Better gun control laws?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: trostol on December 12, 2015, 12:13:13 AM
this here is where most of Art's detractors are really gonna get on him

Not a detractor but I feel like this is counterproductive. If a dude is mad about Art being on the air and then Art quits, only to go on the air... That aggravates the situation. Playing with fire, as it were.

And we're almost at the halfway point of this episode too. Time flies when it's trainwrecks and phoenix resurrections.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 12:13:42 AM
I read that as "withhold noory"

Well, that would make sense because Dave is a pussy.

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 12:12:30 AM
Tactical Intelligence Officer.... well I'm just a test pilot. Pure gold!

They're not interchangeable?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 12, 2015, 12:13:05 AM
Hey SciFi!  Weird shit eh?   :)

What the hell is going to happen next, Hoagland announces that he's getting a sex change?

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on December 12, 2015, 12:14:26 AM
Maybe Art should just buy an RV and hook it up where he can broadcast from anywhere.  He could travel the country and nobody would know where he was until the show.

Not sure that would work buddy lol.

Claudius

I'm more in favor of constructing a "Hitler's Bunker" kind of thing.

zeebo

Quote from: Xitheron on December 12, 2015, 12:11:54 AM
Art is basically taking over the show now.. why didn't he do a farewell show at least geez

Excellent point Xith.  Farewell show open lines.  Why the frig not.  Maybe we all wouldn't be having such emotional whiplash at the moment.  Help us process the confusion at least. 

That said, Heather is doing a heroic job trying to strike the right tone.

Dixon Bawls

While cooking meth.

ShayP

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 12, 2015, 12:13:35 AM
I think his wife said it is either us or the show and of course he chose his family.

Oh...the ultimatum.

Donald Noory

his wife is probably asleep and doesn't know he's calling in