• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

trostol

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 05, 2015, 01:30:51 AM
You were missed as well! Been trying to call Art for a bit. I think I am black listed lol.

from Art? cant see why..from Dick...well... lol

For the record, Mild Bill and I will say this only once.  Jesus did not advocate an armed revolt against Rome.  Stop spreading this disinformation.  Read Luke 22:51 for God's sake.  Read the whole Gospels from start to finish.  You are simply wrong.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on December 05, 2015, 01:31:57 AM
The elders were frightened of all of the followers Jesus had made...they needed Roman power to eliminate him...

That was probably a concern, but they could have easily convicted him of a religious crime and had him stoned to death. The Romans wanted him dead.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:33:45 AM
For the record, Mild Bill and I will say this only once.  Jesus did not advocate an armed revolt against Rome.  Stop spreading this disinformation.  Read Luke 22:51 for God's sake.  Read the whole Gospels from start to finish.  You are simply wrong.

Give on to Rome that which is Rome's, give on to God that which is God's...

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 01:35:04 AM
That was probably a concern, but they could have easily convicted him of a religious crime and had him stoned to death. The Romans wanted him dead.

Then why set Barrabas free? Pilot didn't even really know of Jesus... Barrabas was the litmus test...

Quote from: chefist on December 05, 2015, 01:35:24 AM
Give on to Rome that which is Rome's, give on to God that which is God's...

Thank you, chefist.  I would rather people not believe than believe falsely.

The whole of my biblical knowledge comes from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Art must have been reading the thread. No bad language allowed.

henge0stone

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 05, 2015, 01:39:17 AM

That's basically it, just Jesus had (probably) darker hair and skin.

SciFiAuthor

"Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind." - Tacitus, Annals, Book 15.

Just liberals trying to tear down the state. Nothing to believe here. Go Jewish if you want whatever truth there is in judaeo-christianity-islam. It's the source.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:33:45 AM

Well, you're making the assumption that what is written in the Bible is true.   :D

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 05, 2015, 01:41:10 AM
Well, you're making the assumption that what is written in the Bible is true.   :D
That may be, but what is written in Andrew Lloyd Webber's opus is fact.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 05, 2015, 01:39:17 AM

Annas: He's just another scripture thumping hack from Galilee.

Rocky4228

Damn.  I was on hold for 50 minutes and moved on to fast blast.

That was a pretty good call/story that got rushed before the fast blasts started.

Quote from: chefist on December 05, 2015, 01:37:06 AM
Then why set Barrabas free? Pilot didn't even really know of Jesus... Barrabas was the litmus test...

I know a lot about the series of events that led to the crucifixion because I played Pilate in a play last year.  I wrote my own lines and did some ad-lib.  Based my portrayal on research.  I drew my portrayal from Charles Laughton. Wondering how he would do it. Anyway, the crowd calls for Barrabas to be released.  A few people did cry out for Jesus but they were drowned out.  Pilate felt pity for Jesus but he was pretty much forced to release Barrabas and crucify Jesus.

trostol

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 05, 2015, 01:41:10 AM

Well, yes, I am making that assumption.  Call me a dreamer. I'm not the only one.  ;)