• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Winter Holiday Thread

Started by pyewacket, December 04, 2015, 12:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

I will say that when I was poor and struggling it was more often than not liberals who could be the shittiest, most callous and hypocritical about it. Conservatives may be skeptical about it but more often than not if they felt that you were genuinely trying to get yourself out of it they would offer some real and/or practical help. Make of that what you will.

pate

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on December 26, 2019, 10:49:36 PM
Jesus meant to not be hypocritical.  If you trade with money, then pay the tax.  Graven images are forbidden, anyway.  See what worshiping money has gained us?

Jesus was apparently not a heroin-hobo, they only accept graven images issued by the US Treasury Dept.  Food &c are refused.  I suspect they would accept a bus ticket back to San Francisco, but only for its refund value.

We have a few of those around hear...

Interestingly, I talked to a hobo at a left turn signal today and inquired how his day went yesterday.  I also asked him where he stayed, and he told me that he chooses to live on the street.  He didn't like the shelters, I gave him an American Spirit cigarette and felt all christmassy.

I was most amused by his specific mention of a local homeless mission, mainly because my great-grandfather was one of the founders of the very one he named.  Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKk1McBLxM

-p

Asuka Langley

If you are hungry grow food or kill it. If you are a SJW city dweller then i guess you are fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JoLjRSmSL0

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 26, 2019, 10:24:52 PM
No, pate they’re just poor people who resent anyone who may express conservative ideas without the financial means to back them up. In other words, if you’re poor you can’t think rationally for yourself but must submit to welfare groupthink or be shunned.

Again, that "THEY" is unclear;  do you mean hobo-elite or the ruling-elite?  Are "THEY" morally poor or monetarily poor?  Do they fall into a strange category of both, and as such merely a sub-set of the Urban Sasquatch population?

Your initial paragraph made all three possibilities a reasonable conclusion.

d-, flesh out the thought.  be specific;  reader doesn't imply mynd-reader.  to wit:

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 26, 2019, 08:40:52 PM
Been there, done that. The problem is how poverty effects one’s self-esteem. ¶The poor can be self-loathing and often really don’t want to see their own rise above it.{-expand on this!}¶ In a way they{-be specific, who they?} believe in class warfare even more than the middle class and the rich combined. So called progressives want to keep it this way.{-great segue into the next  Â¶!} Their{WHO are they?  be specific} dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them{themselves? be specific!} what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their{-who are "THEY", again?} own way and have their-{B s'Pacific?_?_?_?} own life. 

Is yore Doctorate in Engineering or sum thing?  Anglaise doesn't seem to be yore forte.  Still confused by the "Their dream is to create a growing army" statement.  As written it reads either way;  the ruling-elite want an army or the hobo-elite want an army...  I lyke the second option, funnier.

-p

ediot:  if you can find a vidya that expresses yore thoughts succinctly I may consider upgrading this missive to a "c-"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 26, 2019, 11:47:30 PM
Again, that "THEY" is unclear;  do you mean hobo-elite or the ruling-elite?  Are "THEY" morally poor or monetarily poor?  Do they fall into a strange category of both, and as such merely a sub-set of the Urban Sasquatch population?

Your initial paragraph made all three possibilities a reasonable conclusion.

d-, flesh out the thought.  be specific;  reader doesn't imply mynd-reader.  to wit:

Is yore Doctorate in Engineering or sum thing?  Anglaise doesn't seem to be yore forte.  Still confused by the "Their dream is to create a growing army" statement.  As written it reads either way;  the ruling-elite want an army or the hobo-elite want an army...  I lyke the second option, funnier.

-p

ediot:  if you can find a vidya that expresses yore thoughts succinctly I may consider upgrading this missive to a "c-"

And you’re blaming me for your reading comprehension problem?!

I think if you reread my original post sober it’s all quite clear who I’m taliking about when. For example, who did I mention in the sentence prior to the “Their dream...” sentence? That should bring you up to speed...maybe. There is no “hobo-elite” but their are plenty of elites who want to keep them hobos and that’s sort of what I was talking about.

pate

DR,eed this syntax:

... Their dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

Who ARE "they"?

Treet it as a stand-alone.  Go ahead, re-read it.  Slowly, without any context, and if it confuses you, try reading it in context with the preceding sentences.  I will give you thyme...

I believe it is typical in a paragraph to only use the indefinite "they" in reference to a single group or individual, otherwise one is specific about the pronouns used.  IF you care to re-read the above highlighted sentence, I believe you will find that your multiple "THEY/THEM/THEIR" reefers to multiple entities in one singular sentence, therefore it is unclear and left to reader interpretation.

I am downgrading your final score to an F.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv157ZIInUk

Dee rung?  Ewe thank?

-p

ediot: ahhaha bolditations, high larryous gas-lightings, and General MishMash (feather-not-dot injun nay-shuns!!)

2witIot:  Poster of the year!  Congrats!

ThrediotL:  vidya! vidya! vidya!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 12:09:13 AM
DR,eed this syntax:

Who ARE "they"?

Treet it as a stand-alone.  Go ahead, re-read it.  Slowly, without any context, and if it confuses you, try reading it in context with the preceding sentences.  I will give you thyme...

I believe it is typical in a paragraph to only use the indefinite "they" in reference to a single group or individual, otherwise one is specific about the pronouns used.  IF you care to re-read the above highlighted sentence, I believe you will find that your multiple "THEY/THEM/THEIR" reefers to multiple entities in one singular sentence, therefore it is unclear an left to reader interpretation.

I am downgrading your final score to an F

Dee rung?  Ewe thank?

-p

As I already said that sentence follows the one behind it in which I mention who they are. Why is it so difficult for you? Is it just the booze or is there a deeper, more fundamental issue?

pate

... So called progressives want to keep it this way...

Thank ewe for calling my attention to that preceding incomplete sentence.  Won sew enlightening that I missed amongst the vagaries bounding it.

AI am sure the registrar will be willing to change your course to an "audit" status, but you will still have to pay the associated fees...

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 12:19:50 AM
Thank ewe for calling my attention to that preceding incomplete sentence.  Won sew enlightening that I missed amongst the vagaries bounding it.

AI am sure the registrar will be willing to change your course to an "audit" status, but you will still have to pay the associated fees...

-p

If you were in my course it’s at this point I’d tell you that you’re being obtuse and show you the door (with full refund, of course). My mom would’ve said you’ve gone past the point of clever drunk and are now just a stupid drunk. The only cure for that is bed.

Goodnight, pateboy. ;)

pate

The problem is how poverty affects self-esteem.

Poverty causes self-loathing and really doesn't instill a desire to rise above it.

In a way, belief in class warfare among the poverty-stricken is even more rife than in the middle class and the rich combined;  so called progressives want to keep it this way.

Their dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-----

I RE-righted 75% that fore ewe, doc.  See what ewe CAN_DO with that last bit?

-p

ediot:  I looked for a good quality vidya of this but alas only a screen shot presented itself:

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 12:32:16 AM
The problem is how poverty affects self-esteem.

Poverty causes self-loathing and really doesn't instill a desire to rise above it.

In a way, belief in class warfare among the poverty-stricken is even more rife than in the middle class and the rich combined;  so called progressives want to keep it this way.

Their dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-----

I RE-righted 75% that fore ewe, doc.  See what ewe CAN_DO with that last bit?

-p

ediot:  I looked for a good quality vidya of this but alas only a screen shot presented itself:

Honestly, your efforts to PC up my grammar have only made it more awkward sounding. FAIL!

My kung fu is best!

pate

Okay then.  Using the above sentence, with the boldified word;  Which of the following more closely follows your meaning:

A: The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-or-

B: The Hobo-elite dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-p

ediot: seriously, and I am raging drunk right now, Sirius Lee!
\

2witIOT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LoFoPVKGg

thr3DIOT:
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 12:12:51 AM
...is there a deeper, more fundamental issue?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 12:50:34 AM
Okay then.  Using the above sentence, with the boldified word;  Which of the following more closely follows your meaning:

A: The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-or-

B: The Hobo-elite dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

-p

ediot: seriously, and I am raging drunk right now, Sirius Lee!
\

2witIOT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LoFoPVKGg

Given that B makes no sense if you really think about it I’m going to have to go with A...but whatever floats your boat at this point.

pate

...TheirThe Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

Noice Palpatine graffix!

In e wayz...

So, multi-guess question hear:

A. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering themselves what Hobo-elite really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

B. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering the Hobo-elite what the Progressives really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

C. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering themselves what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own Hobo-elite way and have their own progressive life.

D. none of the above

extra credit:  define poverty, be specific

-p

ediot:
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 12:56:05 AM
Given that B makes no sense if you really think about it I’m going to have to go with A...but whatever floats your boat at this point.

The Hobo-elite would not want an army of angry Hobos "stuck" in poverty, rather than an opportunity to get out of the street>?  Hmm, B makes perfect sense.  If there is a "Progressive Hobo-elite" thanking outside the box of progressivism or something, belch...

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 12:56:05 AM

The Hobo-elite dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjrlW8EryZ4

Huh.  Nonsensical shit.  Doc, where is your empathy?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 01:24:34 AM
Noice Palpatine graffix!

In e wayz...

So, multi-guess question hear:

A. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering themselves what Hobo-elite really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

B. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering the Hobo-elite what the Progressives really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

C. The Progressive dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering themselves what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own Hobo-elite way and have their own progressive life.

D. none of the above

extra credit:  define poverty, be specific

-p

ediot:
The Hobo-elite would not want an army of angry Hobos "stuck" in poverty, rather than an opportunity to get out of the street>?  Hmm, B makes perfect sense.  If there is a "Progressive Hobo-elite" thanking outside the box of progressivism or something, belch...

Define poverty? I’ll do you one better. I’ll give you a practical example. For example, your reading comprehension is poor. It’s lacking in essentials the way a poor person’s diet may be lacking nutrients. You also seem to be stuck on the idea of a hobo-elite but it’s an oxymoron like jumbo shrimp.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 01:38:43 AM
The Hobo-elite dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering them what they really want, which is just to find a way out of poverty and to be able to make their own way and have their own life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjrlW8EryZ4

Huh.  Nonsensical shit.  Doc, where is your empathy?

I left it outside with the droids. They’re (the droids) are not the ones you’re looking for.

pate

My favorite hobo-Jesus modern meme was the one where he got all intensified in the hobo-soup line and spouted progressive b/s about feeding the masses...  and got no soup.

But as we all know, there are no elite in teh hobo-elite, just as there are no morally wealthi amongst the Progressives.  Your sentence self-megated itslef, doc.  And the funnies, although not obvious to yore-slef.  Mmm

QuoteThe Hobo-jesus dream is to create a growing army of the angry poor rather than offering the Progressives what they really want, which is just to find a way out of moral poverty and to be able to make their own Hobo-elite way and have their own progressive life.

Or some-squatch, weather Urban or Sylvian?  Nauntical.

Small Mynds...

Doc, you realize that pschycolonolgy is a pseudo-science?  Closer to Chiropracty than actual medicine, methinks.  Kepp tryin' tho!

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 27, 2019, 01:58:33 AM

My favorite hobo-Jesus modern meme was the one where he got all intensified in the hobo-soup line and spouted progressive b/s about feeding the masses...  and got no soup.

But as we all know, there are no elite in teh hobo-elite, just as there are no morally wealthi amongst the Progressives.  Your sentence self-megated itslef, doc.  And the funnies, although not obvious to yore-slef.  Mmm

Or some-squatch, weather Urban or Sylvian?  Nauntical.

Small Mynds...

Doc, you realize that pschycolonolgy is a pseudo-science?  Closer to Chiropracty than actual medicine, methinks.  Kepp tryin' tho!

-p

And do you realize that al-key-hol really does kill brain cells?

pate

... The problem is how poverty effects one’s self-esteem. ...

effect/affect, doc.  See above, loooooook it up.  RONG

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 01:45:19 AM
... For example, your reading comprehension is poor...

At lest when I right wrong, I dew it tensional...

Hehahah!

Your whole post that I keep going on about was a grammatical shit-shoe, doc.  Admit it!

mebbe, yew neddz a vidya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZI2ipeGVM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 12:12:51 AM
...is there a deeper, more fundamental issue?

heheahaha, moar vidyas, doc!  C'mon!

-p

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 27, 2019, 02:02:36 AM
And do you realize that al-key-hol really does kill brain cells?

Yes, I do.  But since I am not poverty-stricken in the IQ department, all I am doing is attempting to lower myself to the level of the proletariat-elite.  A gaol eye have been twerking on foar ages.

Ewe, see, I figure it is easier to lower myslef to base levuls, than it is as an in-equipped mentat-midget to asspire to lofty hieghts unataintable due to &c, and they/them affect/effect.

Much funner, haha!

I found that my easy acquisition of English grammar in the fourth grade put me on a ptath of downward spiraling to where the once nean-thalliumic manatees that once mocked my massive brane, quite understand it naow, and still fear it.

Many of them went on to pursue pieces of paper that they paide much moneies foar, and sum are still paying back the loans.  Me, ahaha, eim dooin' fine.  I still laughe at their mintal-midgetry.  ESP, t'ones that pursued pschlogogyol degrees (mainly to figure aught 'twas rong in demselfs... haha)

Doc, yore a good, but slightly off egg.  I onlee fuyons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb4MWvOda-k

MOAR VIDYAS!!  PUHLEASE!

pate

Doc, lettuce leave this grammatical godwinning aloe!

Foar ewe, an otter vidya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2UCRNldC3s

-p

pate

Yah, Daniel, when you wake up on the twenty-seventh of December dressed as Santa or a Priest and aren't sure what happened, that can be sobering...

-p

Corona Kitty

Hi John lee Olsen

I hope you're feeling better, I know your feelings are still hurt from the first gabcast you were on.... Trust me it'll get better soon baby boy.

pate

7 degrees of John Lee Olsen is much more fun than Zero degrees of Daniel/Myke...

Let's play!

I forgot about that game, Daniel!

Merry Holidaze Tulamore Dew!

-p

Corona Kitty

It was completely atrocious Mr. Olsen... Highly unlistenable. Also another thing, why are you typing like Douglas Ditrich for?

No one but Gunner69 knows how to properly read whatever it is above.

pate

Daniel,

wood ewe shoe us on the voo-doo doll warez the de-frocked preist touched yew?

It is okay, mmm, yore Mung fiends...

-p

Corona Kitty

John lee Olsen,

this is yet another example of how not only are you unlistenable you are completely unreadable as well. I don't know what the hell that is. I have to actually wait until Gunner gets here so he can explain it to me.

pate

Quote from: username on December 27, 2019, 03:36:33 AM
... I don't know what the hell that is...

Myke/Daniel,

Indeed.  Say do you have some sort of press package that has a head-shot of your Myke persona?  A friend of mine is trying to do an article and can't seem to find any pictures of a Myke Decon.  Weird, right?

TIA

-p