• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

albrecht

Better sync Dark Side album to Wizard of Oz. Doesn't work all the way but still....

=Schlyder=

LOL  be careful out there folks..  if you smoke too many marijuanas you might hallucinate.

Quote from: nbirnes on December 04, 2015, 01:44:14 AM
I hear you. I was researching inkberry, since it's growing in an obvious place in our yard. Turns out the poisonous berries, when dried, are used by some folks (one a day swallowed but not chewed) as an arthritis cure. Like bee-stings, maybe. Still it's very interesting and a tincture might be useful.

Cool. Kind of like magic mushrooms, poisonous raw, but safer when dried. Or acorns - have to be boiled.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: TigerLily on December 04, 2015, 01:41:33 AM
Closest I came to hallucinogenic pot was the first time I ate brownies. Fell asleep ( of course ) for a few minutes. When I woke up there was an awesomely amazing Star Trek on tv and the Christmas tree lights were twinkling like never before.   Not even 1/1000 of my one and only LSD trip but I was a little altered state

It's not a strong hallucinogen, no.  It's very mild.  But it's a component of the "buzz" of weed.  ffs it's remarkable how hard it is for some people to acknowledge this.  lol

On one of my very powerful acid trips I died.  I mean, I died.  In other words, it was almost like a DMT experience.  Now that is hallucinating.  And let me tell you, where with DMT you're high for a few minutes, on acid it lasts for hours, so it was one fucked up experience.  At first I thought it was just a generic bad trip, then I started to realize it was just a very POWERFUL trip.  So I went with it.  I began to understand the nature of it and I accepted the experience.  It was basically giving me the experience of dying and moving into the afterlife.  I had also drunk a lot of beer and smoked some strong hash.  Bottom line, I know what a hallucinogenic does, way more than most people.

If you think of the marijuana high as a meal, then consider hallucinogenic as one of the ingredients.  It may not be the in your face, WOW, "I'm freaking out here!" ACID trip high, but it's there within the totality of your buzz. 

And, like I said earlier, I have no idea why people are getting aggressive about this fact because I consider it to be one of the best aspects of weed.  It's not a bad thing.  It's a good thing, as I consider all hallucinogenics to be if taken with care.

Sheesh.  smh   :)

Quote from: Bounder on December 04, 2015, 01:51:05 AM
It's like any time I'm at Disneyland, my first thought is, "Wow, roughly $90 per guest."  Then a follow-up thought hits, hard: "And the park's only been closed three days since 1955."

Art's got the advertisers plus "thousands" of time travelers.  That's some handsome mailbox money.

Disneyland used to host a prom after-party type thing, back in the day, just for teenagers.  The place was riddled with weed and hidden booze and all of it--employees would scour the place in the days leading up for things kids stashed there beforehand (they got frisked as they went in).  Got to be such a problem they canceled the whole thing.

TigerLily

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 04, 2015, 01:50:15 AM
Get stoned and watch "The Wall"  or catch the trip from listening to Zepplin, now that's an altered state that comes on very subtly but intensifies exponentially. When the song ends, you snap out of it & it's like "Whoa, fricken cool" :)
Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon  8) . It's a Christmas tradition at my house

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 01:52:47 AM
Better sync Dark Side album to Wizard of Oz. Doesn't work all the way but still....

It really is weird.  There's some website that details all the connections.  Checked it out one time.  Weird.

It's actually pretty badass, the first time through the album.

trostol

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 04, 2015, 01:53:23 AM
Disneyland used to host a prom after-party type thing, back in the day, just for teenagers.  The place was riddled with weed and hidden booze and all of it--employees would scour the place in the days leading up for things kids stashed there beforehand (they got frisked as they went in).  Got to be such a problem they canceled the whole thing.

3 or 4 of you said the same thing..thats the most i have seen agree on anything in a while lol

Bounder

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 04, 2015, 01:53:23 AM

Was that Grad Nite?

Ciardelo

I "found" a VCD of it all synced up--they just started the album over--but it didn't work as well as the first part for synchronicity.

SciFiAuthor

Oddly enough, I find that pot does make me more creative if I'm playing with my guitars but it does NOT make me more creative when writing, yet alcohol does. Very strange the creative process. What do you think Nancy?

Quote from: Bounder on December 04, 2015, 01:54:43 AM
Was that Grad Nite?

YUP--you got it--couldn't remember what it was called, but that was it.

Mark Twain's island got taken over by hippies in the seventies, too.  That company/park have a fascinating history.

Bounder

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 01:54:06 AM
It really is weird.  There's some website that details all the connections.  Checked it out one time.  Weird.

True the last 30 minutes of 2001 are best taken in with smoke?

Rix Gins

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 04, 2015, 01:42:53 AM
My first time with it, I watched Wizard of Oz.  It felt like Christmas morning when you're five years old.  I didn't know it was possible to be that happy when you grew up.  First time was one of the top experiences of my life.  Never quite gotten there again, but... damn.

My first time was at a gathering of friends.  I was told to suck it deep into my lungs, so I did.  Later on, a good ten or fifteen minutes after we had finished smoking, we were drinking ginger ale and I burped up a big cloud of pot smoke.  LOL

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 04, 2015, 01:55:47 AM
My first time was at a gathering of friends.  I was told to suck it deep into my lungs, so I did.  Later on, a good ten or fifteen minutes after we had finished smoking, we were drinking ginger ale and I burped up a big cloud of pot smoke.  LOL

Holy shit.  That takes holding a hit to a whole new level.

zeebo

Quote from: Bounder on December 04, 2015, 01:55:39 AM
True the last 30 minutes of 2001 are best taken in with smoke?

Have not tried but certainly makes sense.

Zenman

Superb guest, cool show, and great Gabbers!

A most excellent time to be had, for sure.  :D

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 04, 2015, 01:55:47 AM

That's a good sign.  lol

LOL. I'm imagining that right now and LMAO. Might be worth a try though. :o

TigerLily

I had lots of fun tonight. First time I made it through a whole show. Hope I wasn't too annoying.
Might even pop in at osom for a mo

Pleasant Pot Dreams, all

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zenman on December 04, 2015, 01:57:37 AM

Seconded. Very enjoyable this evening.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on December 04, 2015, 01:57:37 AM

Most def.  Thanks Art, Heather, Sally .. and various Bellgabbers as usual.