• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151116 - Jill Heinerth - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 16, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Zzzzillion

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 16, 2015, 11:57:08 PM
Does Netflix streaming have it?

Pretty sure it does. Thinking I'll go that way. Maybe get back into Game of Thrones. Idunno.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:45:25 PM
450 feet? I'm not a serious diver, but that doesn't sound that deep. My office is about that high up in the air.

To give you a little perspective on this each 33 ft of salt water (fsw) overhead equals one atmosphere. You are a 1 ATM at the surface. At 450 fsw you are at 14.6 ATM. You're getting squeezed that much. You don't want to have indigestion or you're really going to feel it on the way up as that gas expands. Yuck!

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 16, 2015, 11:58:36 PM
Kinda confirms my opinion about fb...

http://www.vocativ.com/news/251002/fake-syrian-passports-are-on-sale-via-facebook/

I hate facebook. If it weren't for a bajillion family members demanding constant updates about the kids, I'd have abandoned it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
Yep, agree ... just doesn't seem that deep to my layperson brain. When I look down from my office window, if the whole thing were under water, just seems like I could swim that far down.

Mariana trench ... 36,000' deep ... that's fucking deep, but whaddo' I know.
Deepest trench in the world.  Wasn't the movie "The Abyss" based on exploring it?

Zzzzillion

Quote from: norland2424 on November 16, 2015, 11:58:17 PM
i just looked and it seems that they dont carry the show

Yep you're right ... dvd only.

norland2424

yea the wind is pretty bad in southern California right now too

Here is the list of stuff Gaiman and Palmer bought at Amoeba Records. Jan Svankmajer films-those are flat out weird.
I've never heard of Mojo magazine-is it any good?

CD Live at Hollywood High - Elvis Costello & the Attractions
CD Rum Sodomy & The Lash - The Pogues
CD Anthology -Muddy Waters
CD Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
CD Violator - Depeche Mode
CD Green -R.E.M.
CD Bach: Six Unaccompanied Cello Suites - Yo-Yo Ma
LP Into the Gap - Thompson Twins
10" The Textures Of Illumina -Edward Ka-Spel
LP Berlin- Lou Reed
DVD Lunacy - Jan Svankmajer
DVD  Alice - Jan Svankmajer
DVD Either/Or - Elliott Smith
Summer In Abaddon Pinback
Book From the Velvets to the Voidoids: The Birth of American Punk Rock - Clinton Heylin
Book How Music Works - David Byrne
Book Rocky Horror: From Concept to Cult - David Evans & Scott Michaels
Book September 2012 - Mojo Magazine
Book Joy Division - Kevin Cummins
LP In The Aeroplane Over The Sea -Neutral Milk Hotel

FLLFlash

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:57:31 PM
Yeah, likely but I still like to speculate that he is on some beach somewhere sippin Margaritas. He was a bit nuts, before I knew there were lots of people like this (this was pre-listening to C2C and Art.) Wouldn't pay taxes, bought and hid gold, made his own stuff (including diving tanks,) would collect golf balls in the lake with his tanks and sell them, but had a nice house and property (inheritance I think.) Also was a cowboy song singer (actually pretty good.) I forget where in Mex he went, but on a tour to some reef that also has a continental shelf drop off....way down. He said he was going to beat his personal depth record. But, yeah, I have suspicions.

I think he's somewhere having a good time with all the dogs that have gone before.

Dr. MD MD

Weird. I couldn't connect for about the last half hour. It just kept cycling and cycling. Anyone else?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 17, 2015, 12:07:51 AM
Weird. I couldn't connect for about the last half hour. It just kept cycling and cycling. Anyone else?
Yes.  I ran my hard drive cleaner.  That helped.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:59:04 PM
Pretty sure it does. Thinking I'll go that way. Maybe get back into Game of Thrones. Idunno.

Netfix has this on DVD only.

hitfan

I'm listening too the show live on a Greyhound bus with wifi right now.

I'm a long time lurker here.  I must admit that I was a bit skeptical that Art Bell would pull off his internet based radio show successfully, especially considering all if the ups and downs of the past 15 years that he's had with Premiere and SiriusXM.  I thought that Art was a highly talented but unreliable personality considering his multiple retirements and unretirements.

That he's been able to pretty much work nonstop for the past four months largely uninterrupted is evidence that perhaps corporate radio is at fault here for all of Art Bell's troubles in the past.  I have to reconsider that whenever I thought Art Bell might have been unreasonable or erratic that it was perhaps the higher ups' mistreatment of him that brought out the worst in Art Bell.

Congratulations to Art Bell for making Dark Matter a success and for his making the best shows he's done in years.  Art Bell could make reading from a McDonald's menu sound like The most interesting thing in the world, he is that good.

albrecht

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 17, 2015, 12:06:07 AM
I think he's somewhere having a good time with all the dogs that have gone before.
Hope so. Good guy, though a bit strange but decent man and added character to the area.

starrmtn001

And they shawm
and they shawm
all over the dam.  ;D

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 17, 2015, 12:07:51 AM

nah you tripped bellgabs flood limit. wait atleast 10 secs before you refresh

Barfly

WTF is this woman talking about? Diving?
She has more balls than me, i live on a island and i hate going in the ocean, shit will eat ya in the ocean.

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on November 17, 2015, 12:12:14 AM
She has more balls than me, i live on a island and i hate going in the ocean, shit will eat ya in the ocean.

she cave dives lol

FLLFlash

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 17, 2015, 12:00:17 AM
I hate facebook. If it weren't for a bajillion family members demanding constant updates about the kids, I'd have abandoned it.

I loathe Facebook and have never had an account. The total evilness of Facebook however has generated a better acceptance of Google in me. At least they supply things that are useful and productive. Facebook is just blech. The thought of them scanning all the photo's for facial recognition makes me want to punch somebody.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Barfly on November 17, 2015, 12:12:14 AM
Hey there Barfly, hello!

WanagoBleu

Evening all. Jill is an amazing person. I dove the Hutela platue with her, Bill Stone, Noel Sloan, and her not yet husband Paul, years ago. Interesting trip. Two weeks of serious cave diving. It was while I was living in Grand Cayman and doing a lot of cave diving up in Florida and Mexico. All good.

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
Yep, agree ... just doesn't seem that deep to my layperson brain. When I look down from my office window, if the whole thing were under water, just seems like I could swim that far down.

Mariana trench ... 36,000' deep ... that's fucking deep, but whaddo' I know.
Let me relate it to these:

;)