• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Stranger929

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:40:09 PM
The U.S. sit down and talk to the Saudis?  No.  The Saudis are sweet, sweet allies of the U.S.  Remember this photo?

Meanwhile, they probably behead more people than ISIS.  Ironic, isn't it?

The Saudi's aren't just allies, they're running the show.

nbirnes

Quote from: someguy on November 13, 2015, 11:43:33 PM
nobody is gonna read this post, but this guest is fucking stupid

Maybe you shouldn't have written it? The guest is far from stupid.

Catops

And . . . this is why I don't listen to political talk radio.

swordpoint9

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:44:43 PM
I'd rather have open lines on the Paris topic.  I'm sick of these f'ing security "experts" who, for $500/hr, tell us the obvious.  All night I've heard these guys saying the Paris killers pulled off the equivalent of the Normandy Invasion. Here's another Ed Dames of anti-terrorism.
Highly Agreed but the $$ amount is way off trust me LOL !

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:44:43 PM
I'd rather have open lines on the Paris topic.  I'm sick of these f'ing security "experts" who, for $500/hr, tell us the obvious.  All night I've heard these guys saying the Paris killers pulled off the equivalent of the Normandy Invasion. Here's another Ed Dames of anti-terrorism.

Batchelor is a veteran newsman and radio interviewer, not an "expert".

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:46:05 PM
norland, you need to understand that geopolitics is like planting a seed.  What Bush did has led to where we are now.  There's nothing a follow-up POTUS could have done to change the powerful flow after that.

Wake up, man.  Bush's illegal wars killed MILLIONS of CIVILIANS.  Now they want revenge.  Get it?

You could argue it all started with Reagan. If only we had let the Soviets crush the Islamic extremists in Afghanistan...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:43:38 PM
Saudi Arabia is the country that is funding all these fundamentalist groups. And we continue to support them and let their royals do whatever they want. Seriously, if you want to defeat "Islamic Terrorism" you need to deal with Saudi Arabia. You can't go into Afghanistan, using women's rights as justification, while being aligned with the worst state in the world for women's rights.
+1

GravitySucks

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:45:09 PM
Oh geez no one remembers the Crusades.
Yep, they started about 300 years after the first Islamic invasion of Europe

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:46:05 PM
norland, you need to understand that geopolitics is like planting a seed.  What Bush did has led to where we are now.  There's nothing a follow-up POTUS could have done to change the powerful flow after that.

Wake up, man.  Bush's illegal wars killed MILLIONS of CIVILIANS.  Now they want revenge.  Get it?

You can also kick that can back the line to clinton and so on, remember clinton had the chance to deal with al queda, im not defending bush but im also not placing all of the worlds problems on him, many other leaders are to blame.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 13, 2015, 11:40:46 PM
Good evening Sandman!
Hi Starr :)
This is the first I'm hearing of this, but I don't watch TV news, it's way too slanted for me.  ;)

swordpoint9

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:48:25 PM
You can also kick that can back the line to clinton and so on, remember clinton had the chance to deal with al queda, im not defending bush but im also not placing all of the worlds problems on him, many other leaders are to blame.
Exactly !!!!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:47:45 PM
Batchelor is a veteran newsman and radio interviewer, not an "expert".
I agree with you Uncle Duke.  Art doesn't go along with all of his speculation.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:48:25 PM

First of all, Bush was never a "leader".  He was just POTUS when the big move took place.  Do you remember Wesley Clark's famous comments about the list of countries the U.S. was planning on invading?

trostol

so..fallout will be real at some point if we use radiation...

WanagoBleu

Saudi Arabia is the country that is funding all these fundamentalist groups. And we continue to support them and let their royals do whatever they want. Seriously, if you want to defeat "Islamic Terrorism" you need to deal with Saudi Arabia. You can't go into Afghanistan, using women's rights as justification, while being aligned with the worst state in the world for women's rights.
agreed. The Saudis are scum.

Lola2001

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:50:36 PM
Art's lust for Nuclear weapons is sick. Come on Art.

I know right? Treatment with radiation? Geez.......aren't we past this foolishness?

Meister_000

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2015, 11:42:21 PM
Working for me but the layout looks a little different.

Thanks. I even tried  by going through Google rather than using my saved link and got the same 403. Oh well.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:48:02 PM
You could argue it all started with Reagan. If only we had let the Soviets crush the Islamic extremists in Afghanistan...

Not arguing.  Reagan caused all sorts of bullshit.

FLLFlash

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Im being sarcastic lol.

It needed to be said. I know you are OK with the concept of doing what is necessary to succeed.

MABUSE

Batchelor is circumspect, erudite, thoughtful, and detail oriented.
What a pity he is the last of the Journalists.
**M**

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:45:36 PM
That he was buddy.
Charles Martel, yes. They need it. I think more Holger Danske, Vlad, etc and bring about the old mountain legends, and the real methods of heroes,  to defeat the moslem hordes.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:43:35 PM
Agree with Batchelor, the French are first rate.  Sometimes the bad guys win, but the French will strike back with a vengence.

One can only imagine how many people are getting offed in the middle east right now by French operatives. 

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:50:50 PM
First of all, Bush was never a "leader".  He was just POTUS when the big move took place.  Do you remember Wesley Clark's famous comments about the list of countries the U.S. was planning on invading?

Lol you really have a hard on for bush dont ya?

Designx

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:50:36 PM
Art's lust for Nuclear weapons is sick. Come on Art.

Art always loved the fear mongering. That's why these shows are tiresome.

gabrielle

Quote from: Designx on November 13, 2015, 11:52:42 PM
Art always loved the fear mongering. That's why these shows are tiresome.

I disagree completely. 

This... I agree with. And it's something that is never brought up.
Thank you Sister Warrior Princess.

norland2424

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 13, 2015, 11:51:47 PM
It needed to be said. I know you are OK with the concept of doing what is necessary to succeed.

Only problem is our government doesn't have the balls to fight a war with no roe's.