• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:36:08 PM
A lot of people forgot, or don't know, all the crazy stuff during those years and act like terrorism, radical blacks, crazy Muslims, 'outraged' rich students, are a new thing. Hopefully, this too will pass.

That's my hope. I'm found of telling my kid that when I was 5/6, John Lennon, Reagan, The Pope and Sadat were shot. If today seems crazy, there was always 1980-81. And of course, 1968 must have seemed like everything had gone insane.

I was taking a Criminology course, the professor, a State Trooper born in 1954, had NEVER HEARD of the Zebra Killings. It was too late to withdraw, but I was horrified. I felt like saying "they ended a year before I was born, 3000 miles away, and I know about them. And I'm not in LE for a living...or teaching it"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 16, 2015, 11:49:21 PM
I never thought Wilmore was that funny back when we were in school together.  His humor seemed to forced then.  Now?  Only a little better.  I'm guessing that his real strength is in writing, behind the camera.

He doesn't seem like a host at all. The whole thing seems interim. And with his contract status it undoubtedly is.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 16, 2015, 11:47:20 PM
No shit?  Was that on purpose or just a coinky dink?
From what I hear it was just the usual peaceful Muslims blowing up others (including fellow Muslims) but targeting hotels where foreigners stay and not targeted bombing on him. It was an Al Queda attack and coordinated to bomb several hotels in the country and he, and his daughter, happened to be at the Hyatt and were killed. Aleppo, his native town, named a street after him, of course now, who knows the conditions of that street!

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 11:51:54 PM
   That's my hope. I'm found of telling my kid that when I was 5/6, John Lennon, Reagan, The Pope and Sadat were shot. If today seems crazy, there was always 1980-81. And of course, 1968 must have seemed like everything had gone insane.

I was taking a Criminology course, the professor, a State Trooper born in 1954, had NEVER HEARD of the Zebra Killings. It was too late to withdraw, but I was horrified. I felt like saying "they ended a year before I was born, 3000 miles away, and I know about them. And I'm not in LE for a living...or teaching it"
Please don't give BLM and Obama any ideas.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2015, 12:04:38 AM
Please don't give BLM and Obama any ideas.

I'm sure Jeremiah Wright spoke highly of The Zebra Killers(bankrolled from Chicago NOI HQ-and legal services provided after capture) in many sermons. Of course, Dear Leader wouldn't have heard it.

And The Ford Fundation was the Chicago NOI chapter's honky benefactor. Money from abroad from Libya and Yemen. And possibly the Saudis considering the timeline. The killings ramped up after The Yom Kippur/Ramadan War was decided in late October.

*File under: Unacknowledged Islamic terror. Among other things.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 12:09:40 AM
    I'm sure Jeremiah Wright spoke highly of The Zebra Killers(bankrolled from Chicago NOI HQ-and legal services provided after capture) in many sermons. Of course, Dear Leader wouldn't have heard it.

And The Ford Fundation was the Chicago NOI chapter's honky benefactor. Money from abroad from Libya and Yemen. And possibly the Saudis considering the timeline. The killings ramped up after The Yom Kippur/Ramadan War was decided in late October.
Though well before these times the Cox Commission and Reece Commission on 'charitable' Foundations in the 50's is worth revisiting. A lot of stuff came to pass from these 'charities' and 'educational' entities that were predicted then but, of course, the tax-dodge and politics continues up to today.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2015, 12:30:31 AM
Though well before these times the Cox Commission and Reece Commission on 'charitable' Foundations in the 50's is worth revisiting. A lot of stuff came to pass from these 'charities' and 'educational' entities that were predicted then but, of course, the tax-dodge and politics continues up to today.

FALN's bombing campaign, while mildly helped via bank robbery/armored car heist really had 3 sources of financial aid

(1) Cuban Consulate in NYC (makes sense)

(2) The practically defunct by '75 Weather Underground using their trust funds to help one of the few extant fellow travelers actually doing things (no surprise)

(3) The Episcopalian Church-who kept donating after it was clear FALN had killed at least 7. Yeah, with PR's I assumed Catholic Charities, but maybe their had their hands full backing The Provos(I kid, I kid)

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 12:52:30 AM
    FALN's bombing campaign, while mildly helped via bank robbery/armored car heist really had 3 sources of financial aid

(1) Cuban Consulate in NYC (makes sense)

(2) The practically defunct by '75 Weather Underground using their trust funds to help one of the few extant fellow travelers actually doing things (no surprise)

(3) The Episcopalian Church-who kept donating after it was clear FALN had killed at least 7. Yeah, with PR's I assumed Catholic Charities, but maybe their had their hands full backing The Provos(I kid, I kid)
I kid also! Though never liked you Mackerel Snappers, but do admire the solidarity and fighting spirit.  ;) Something others of Western Civilization have lost. And, been to Ireland many times and great place and fun times and beautiful country--- didn't like how almost every bridge and good pub had some claim about EU investment. That came back to bite them. I don't, quite, understand, the ecumenalism and idea of all these churches (of any "Christian" presausion) wanting to support, promote, hide, etc these immigrants, 'refugees', and illegals. Defending the flock, usually, means keeping the wolves at bay.

Meister_000

Tuesday AM 11-17-2015

Russia 'launches cruise missiles' at Isis stronghold of Raqqa

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-launches-cruise-missiles-at-isis-stronghold-of-raqqa-in-syria-a6737631.html

The Russian military has fired multiple cruise missiles from its ships in the Mediterranean aimed at the Isis stronghold of Raqqa, according to reports.

US officials were quoted by the Reuters news agency as saying Russia had launched a "significant number" of strikes in Syria using both sea-launched cruise missiles and long-range bombers.

The French daily Le Monde cited senior French government officials as saying Russian missiles had struck Isis positions in Raqqa, its de facto capital in its Syrian territories.. . .

You guys are the analysts around here. What does this developement say to you? Major event?

Meister_000

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 17, 2015, 07:34:05 AM
Tuesday AM 11-17-2015

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-launches-cruise-missiles-at-isis-stronghold-of-raqqa-in-syria-a6737631.html

The Russian military has fired multiple cruise missiles from its ships in the Mediterranean aimed at the Isis stronghold of Raqqa, according to reports.

US officials were quoted by the Reuters news agency as saying Russia had launched a "significant number" of strikes in Syria using both sea-launched cruise missiles and long-range bombers.

The French daily Le Monde cited senior French government officials as saying Russian missiles had struck Isis positions in Raqqa, its de facto capital in its Syrian territories.. . .

You guys are the analysts around here. What does this developement say to you? Major event?

I see here that Russia began doing this (Cruise Missile launches) six weeks ago already.

http://russia-insider.com/en/military/how-and-why-russia-launched-its-cruise-missiles-against-isis/ri10315

How and Why Russia Launched Its Cruise Missiles Against ISIS
An impressive - and unexpected - display of military capability, increasing the military pressure on the Islamic State

Daniel Fielding  Wed, Oct 7, 2015 | 5,191 86
The Russian Defence Ministry has just confirmed that Islamic State positions in Syria have been attacked with 26 long range cruise missiles launched by four Russian warships in the Caspian Sea.

Meister_000

Tuesday AM 11-17-2015

And now I first saw this small print . . .
Vladimir Putin has pledged to escalate his military campaign in Syria after it was confirmed that a bomb brought down a Russian airliner over Sinai

So there's multiple responce-motives and causes going on simaltainiously for Russia's part.

pyewacket

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one put off by the sickening way people try to make themselves part of the tragedy in Paris. Just because some of us didn't post flags or tweets or use hashtags, it doesn't make us any less empathetic.

This article doesn't mince words and is worth reading.

Quote from: nypost.com
We have become experts at treacly online mourning. We take grotesque atrocities and launder them into trite symbols and slogans that are usually self-congratulatory and, of course, wholly ineffectual.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/16/paris-doesnt-need-your-hashtag-heroics/

VtaGeezer

Tuesday AM 11-17-2015

It's more significant that today Putin launched 25 long range and heavy bombers on strike missions direct from Russia.  No more worry about collateral casualties. If it continues for more than 72 hours, I'd call it a major shift. If only Obama would do the same thing, ISIS recruits may have a change of heart.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 17, 2015, 12:47:48 PM
It's more significant that today Putin launched 25 long range and heavy bombers on strike missions direct from Russia.  No more worry about collateral casualties. If it continues for more than 72 hours, I'd call it a major shift. If only Obama would do the same thing, ISIS recruits may have a change of heart.

It means they have a limited supply chain to their bases in Syria and can't just keep using tactical aircraft because there are only so many bombs held at those recently deployed forward operating locations.

Plus, Daesh spies can't see the aircraft launches and cruise missile launches and phone home to say take cover.

Who

Here's Garry Kasparov's take on Putin and ISIS.  Kasparov is a political opponent of Putin and now lives in the US with his family, for their own safety.  He's a former world chess champion.  Follow him on Facebook for some insightful commentary on Putin and Russia.

"If you really think Putin is in Syria to fight ISIS, please 'unlike' my page and then find some news sources that aren't funded by the Kremlin. He's there to back up his murderous old buddy Assad, whose civil war caused ISIS to flourish, to protect gas pipelines (and block competing ones), to cause chaos that would raise oil prices to benefit him and his partner Iran, to flood Europe with more refugees (thus helping the the EU far-right that adores Putin and is supported by him in many cases), and to produce heroic war footage for domestic consumption in Russia. He needs constant conflict and new enemies to look like a big man or else Russians might begin asking awkward questions about the catastrophic economy and living in his totalitarian police state.

Or do you really believe Putin woke up one morning and decided to spend billions of dollars of the collapsing Russian budget to go to far-off Syria to fight ISIS? Always remember that the interests of the Russian state and the Russian people have NOTHING to do with the interests of Vladimir Putin and his cronies, and are usually entirely opposite. All of his actions are exclusively directed toward staying in power, nothing else."

VtaGeezer

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 01:00:52 PM
It means they have a limited supply chain to their bases in Syria and can't just keep using tactical aircraft because there are only so many bombs held at those recently deployed forward operating locations.

Plus, Daesh spies can't see the aircraft launches and cruise missile launches and phone home to say take cover.
Russia's also increasing the Syrian-deployed aircraft by 37; Su-34s and Su-27s.  This is a lot more than logistics short cut, which is unlikely since they've had a month to build the munitions inventory in Syria by ship.

Yorkshire pud

Not exactly light hearted, but VERY heart felt...Oh yes. (apologies if it's already been posted)

https://youtu.be/glxh9ZgP7kc

albrecht

Quote from: Who on November 17, 2015, 01:22:52 PM
Here's Garry Kasparov's take on Putin and ISIS.  Kasparov is a political opponent of Putin and now lives in the US with his family, for their own safety.  He's a former world chess champion.  Follow him on Facebook for some insightful commentary on Putin and Russia.

"If you really think Putin is in Syria to fight ISIS, please 'unlike' my page and then find some news sources that aren't funded by the Kremlin. He's there to back up his murderous old buddy Assad, whose civil war caused ISIS to flourish, to protect gas pipelines (and block competing ones), to cause chaos that would raise oil prices to benefit him and his partner Iran, to flood Europe with more refugees (thus helping the the EU far-right that adores Putin and is supported by him in many cases), and to produce heroic war footage for domestic consumption in Russia. He needs constant conflict and new enemies to look like a big man or else Russians might begin asking awkward questions about the catastrophic economy and living in his totalitarian police state.

Or do you really believe Putin woke up one morning and decided to spend billions of dollars of the collapsing Russian budget to go to far-off Syria to fight ISIS? Always remember that the interests of the Russian state and the Russian people have NOTHING to do with the interests of Vladimir Putin and his cronies, and are usually entirely opposite. All of his actions are exclusively directed toward staying in power, nothing else."
Ha. I don't trust Putin but as long as he is bombing or killing Muslim radicals (whether in Chechnaya or Syria) I'm all for him. But, sure... Because nobody else ever uses war, or even lobbing some bombs or firing off a few cruise missiles, to defend (or prevent) pipelines, oil&gas fields, taking pressure off domestic political issues, keep shipping lanes open, domestic war-footage consumption, economic reasons, or for spending purposes to funnel money to companies/contractors, etc!  ;)

Yorkshire pud

FWIW, I think 'a country' will launch a small yield nuclear missile at the epicentre of where it's within reasonable doubt the vermin occupy. Won't have to make a huge splash, just enough to make it noticeable..This of course would cause unpredictable and predictable consequences. It could even (probably?) escalate into much much more. As it stands, it cannot be adequately contained, FFS even Anonymous has announced it has launched a sustained cyber attack on them! Shades of my enemy's enemy.

VtaGeezer

I think the Kasperov piece was written before the Metrojet bombing.  Once Putin accepted that it was a ISIS bomb that killed considerably more than died in Paris, the mission was changed.   An expected response...saving Assad is one thing, but don't fuck with Vlad.  If he keeps it up, Putin will be higher than Trump in the GOP polls in a week.

Eddie Coyle

Sounds like Merkel will be getting a special thank you from "Syrian refugees" very soon.

bateman

Germany friendly with Holland cancelled 90 minutes before kick-off after 'bomb truck disguised as ambulance' was discovered as police confirm device was to be detonated inside

QuoteThere was information some 30 hours in advance that a group known as the "North Africans" were planning an attack on the match using automatic weapons and suicide bomb vests at the entrances to the stadium, the newspaper reported.

French intelligence subsequently alerted German security forces that an "Iraqi sleeper" was planning an attack on the game, and officials decided they had no choice but to call it off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11999927/Paris-France-terror-attacks-isil-Belgium-Molenbeek-suspects-Syria-Raqqa-bombing-live.html

Juan

So (ha) John Kerry says there is a legitimacy to the Charlie Hedbo murders. He's back in his Vietnam Veterans Against the War days.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 02:50:13 PM
  Sounds like Merkel will be getting a special thank you from "Syrian refugees" very soon.

I think her name will be a little muddy among the other European national leaders for some time yet.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2015, 03:26:03 PM

I think her name will be a little muddy among the other European national leaders for some time yet.

I must ask a member of the EU. Is she as unimpressive as she appears? She really seems daft and making decisions on whim.

She'd fit in American politics seamlessly.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 03:47:31 PM
   I must ask a member of the EU. Is she as unimpressive as she appears? She really seems daft and making decisions on whim.

She'd fit in American politics seamlessly.

The thing is, she's academically very very clever. And presumably (to a point) popular in Germany. Apparently quite a tough negotiator, but like all politicos, looking for the best deal for them..Greece anyone?

This time I think; trying to be the 'Samaritan' she's screwed up with the German population and the wider catchment. Having said that, Hungary, Croatia, and Austria haven't come out it well either. Greece and Italy are simply overwhelmed.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2015, 04:00:22 PM
The thing is, she's academically very very clever. And presumably (to a point) popular in Germany. Apparently quite a tough negotiator, but like all politicos, looking for the best deal for them..Greece anyone?

This time I think; trying to be the 'Samaritan' she's screwed up with the German population and the wider catchment. Having said that, Hungary, Croatia, and Austria haven't come out it well either. Greece and Italy are simply overwhelmed.

I've read that her approval ratings(well, as of summer) were pretty high, over 70% in some polls. Like you say, at what cost? who gets screwed over?

Europe's 9/11 was 3/19/2003. That date should go down in infamy. It's the breaking point, I can't not help but think that toppling Saddam will go down as the geopolitical folly of our times. The world being better with Saddam in power. Jeeezus.

Meister_000

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 17, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Thanks. I noticed the bombers as well as sea based launch nd wasn't sure how significant it was. 

If they fly direct from Russia do they still need air clearences from every dick in the area? i.e. Iraq and Iran as a previous news bit mentioned?