• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151103 - Linda Moulton Howe - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 03, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

pate

All I know is that aliens have been historically inscrutable.

TigerLily

Yes.  Art is skeptical of Linda.  Love her but needs to be done

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 04, 2015, 01:19:49 AM
No No No.
The cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon.

pate

I thought the lines were opened for callers?

I'm not trying to call, but just wondering if anyone is calling in?

TigerLily

Quote from: norland2424 on November 04, 2015, 01:15:21 AM
Why would greys care about Nazis ???
stole their color for their uniforms and (gulp) medical experiments?

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on November 04, 2015, 01:20:59 AM
awful long message for the back of a receipt

Good point .. was it maybe compressed?  I mean if you're gonna go full binary why not zip it up?

Quote from: gx2music on November 04, 2015, 12:24:00 AM

Epic band... You've got great taste. 

May the road rise with you..

Thanks.

"‘Rise’ was looking at the context of South Africa under apartheid. I’d be watching these horrendous news reports on CNN, and so lines like ‘They put a hotwire to my head, because of the things I did and said’, are a reference to the torture techniques that the apartheid government was using out there. Insufferable.
You’d see these reports on TV and in the papers, and feel that this was a reality that simply couldn’t be changed. So, in the context of ‘Rise’, ‘Anger is an energy’ was an open statement, saying, ‘Don’t view anger negatively, don’t deny it â€" use it to be creative.’ I combined that with another refrain, ‘May the road rise with you’. When I was growing up, that was a phrase my mum and dad â€" and half the surrounding neighbourhood, who happened to be Irish also â€" used to say. ‘May the road rise, and your enemies always be behind you!’" - from his book Anger is an Energy....

AppealPlay

Quote from: TigerLily on November 04, 2015, 01:23:48 AM

Well, of course.  Linda is just as full of shit as the rest.  She spins a good yarn which I appreciate.  Not Andy Basiago skills but more material than his act.

FLLFlash

Quote from: TigerLily on November 04, 2015, 01:23:48 AM

She can really get pretty far out there.

pate

Somebody cue Monks of Doom "Virtual Lover"

apologies...

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Scorch on November 04, 2015, 01:22:37 AM
Isn't it?

When we meet, I'm sure they'll speak the Queen's Fuck'n English as well.  After all, it's the OFFICIAL language of Earth, 'Murica!

(meant to be funny/sarcastic, please direct all lawsuits to MV@bellgab)
:p

We didn't invent English, silly. We just happened to be speaking it when we kicked everyone's ass. We didn't invent it, but over recent decades we're doing a helluva' job butchering it. If aliens speak the Queen's English, we'll have a bitch of a time communicating with them.

TigerLily

Quote from: pate on November 04, 2015, 01:24:48 AM
I thought the lines were opened for callers?

I'm not trying to call, but just wondering if anyone is calling in?
Call in pate. re your acidic sea vs fresh water question

Linda just reports stuff.  The stuff she reports is often questionable but she's not making it up.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 04, 2015, 01:27:25 AM
We didn't invent English, silly. We just happened to be speaking it when we kicked everyone's ass. We didn't invent it, but over recent decades we're doing a helluva' job butchering it. If aliens speak the Queen's English, we'll have a bitch of a time communicating with them.
"I say, old chap, would you mind please removing that tea service from by gaping behind? Yes. Quite. Thank you."

Manx

Where she loses me is with the binary part. There are actually no ones and zeros inside a computer. ones and zeros are only how the transistors' states are being represented in a human readable form

pate

No dice on a pate call-in tonight.

Parents took my phone away.

Thyme for some grape Kool-Aid refill...

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 04, 2015, 01:29:45 AM
that rain sound is kind of annoying lol

Wrap that hate around you like a blanket slendie lol.

TigerLily

Quote from: pate on November 04, 2015, 01:30:20 AM
No dice on a pate call-in tonight.

Parents took my phone away.

Thyme for some grape Kool-Aid refill...
Darling. Load Skype on your device.  Mom and Pop will never know

alienated

Linda wants the government to release all info about UFO's but she'll never release the Big Basin drone photos.   ::)

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Manx on November 04, 2015, 01:29:59 AM
Where she loses me is with the binary part. There are actually no ones and zeros inside a computer. ones and zeros are only how the transistors' states are being represented in a human readable form
Gates baby, gates.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on November 04, 2015, 01:29:41 AM
"I say, old chap, would you mind please removing that tea service from by gaping behind? Yes. Quite. Thank you."

Bollocks.