• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hello from the UK

Started by Puxley, November 03, 2015, 10:28:37 AM

This is a very clever Jim-o-lantern, but the original is way more frightening!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 10, 2015, 01:36:04 PM

It's worth noting that he was a Yorkshireman.  ;) Just sayin'....

I grew up watching this guy on the TV. Perhaps there was something about hiding in plain sight - maybe he was just so out there and fucked up that nobody could actually believe that he was the weirdo he seemed to be. It seems that charity work can hide a multitude of sins. I can't believe that there is an equivalent anywhere in the world to a guy like that who flaunted all of this, but nobody had the balls to call him out. It makes you wonder what else is going on that will eventually come out after they're safely dead.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

Why, oh why am I not surprised by that?

QuoteI grew up watching this guy on the TV. Perhaps there was something about hiding in plain sight - maybe he was just so out there and fucked up that nobody could actually believe that he was the weirdo he seemed to be. It seems that charity work can hide a multitude of sins. I can't believe that there is an equivalent anywhere in the world to a guy like that who flaunted all of this, but nobody had the balls to call him out. It makes you wonder what else is going on that will eventually come out after they're safely dead.

He was not well known over here at all.  I first heard of him a few years ago, and was surprised it took so long because I've been a big British rock fan (if only your food was as good) for over forty years.  In fact, the first time I saw a picture of him, I thought he was Richard Harris!

I can't think of his equivalent, either, but this pervy paedo fooled a lot of people and got away with his loathsome shenanigans for quite awhile. I have a feeling he's not going to enjoy prison.

albrecht

I grew up watching this guy on the TV. Perhaps there was something about hiding in plain sight - maybe he was just so out there and fucked up that nobody could actually believe that he was the weirdo he seemed to be. It seems that charity work can hide a multitude of sins. I can't believe that there is an equivalent anywhere in the world to a guy like that who flaunted all of this, but nobody had the balls to call him out. It makes you wonder what else is going on that will eventually come out after they're safely dead.
There is a lot of bad stuff coming out despite government and organizations attempt to limit the damage, "lose" documents and interviews, and so on. Some of the allegations and people involved (including those who weren't the perverts but covered it up or wouldn't investigate) almost makes one believe the likes of Icke and Alex who claim that all royals, high government officials, media stars etc are child molesting or otherwise bizarre sex freaks. Almost, I said.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 10, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
Why, oh why am I not surprised by that?

Erm.....In mitigation he was born in Leeds.

Seriously he got away with it for as long as he did because those around him were terrified of him. He had incredible power in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Well away from TV and radio. He ran dance halls and had lads beaten shitless if he fancied their girlfriends and the boyfriend objected. He had Chief constables as friends. His influence went very far and wide and he hid what he did by keeping it open for all to see. Top of Pops had the Nolan sisters on and the youngest had her breasts fondled in front of the other elder sisters! And when they (naturally) took umbrage and complained they were dismissed as imagining it! He terrified those around him, he had people fired or beaten up if he didn't like them or they'd crossed him.

It's why all the skeletons have come rattling out of the cupboards with cries of 'Well, now you mention it, there was that time he...'

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 10, 2015, 03:03:56 PM

Seriously he got away with it for as long as he did because those around him were terrified of him. He had incredible power in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Well away from TV and radio...................

It's why all the skeletons have come rattling out of the cupboards with cries of 'Well, now you mention it, there was that time he...'

Sounds like Bill Cosby.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 10, 2015, 03:14:38 PM
Sounds like Bill Cosby.

I think the closest you could get to something similar happening in the US would be to imagine Mr Rogers being exposed as a massive child predator and sadist.

Poor Richard Harris!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 10, 2015, 02:48:11 PM

I can't think of his equivalent, either, but this pervy paedo fooled a lot of people and got away with his loathsome shenanigans for quite awhile. I have a feeling he's not going to enjoy prison.

He has been dead for years now. The allegations only came out posthumously, sadly. There was a big scandal at the time that the BBC sat on rumours about him for years, and they reacted strongly when there were suggestions shortly after his death that he was into anything shady. I think it just shows that when you have a certain amount of power and influence you can get away with all sorts. It's only later on that you find out what they were up to. It seems that it was an open secret in the media that he was a bad guy, but no-one came out and said anything. When I think back to those shows he used to do on TV, and giving kids 'Jim'll Fix It' badges, my blood runs cold. I don't think anyone at the time would have hesitated to let him baby sit their kids. Yet he looked like an exceptionally deranged Mr Punch. I don't know if they have the documentary 'When Louis Met Jimmy' on YouTube, but if they do it is well worth looking at. It was done when he was still alive, of course, and it was a truly disturbing journey into the mind of a fucked up old weirdo, yet nobody seemed to put two and two together.

BobGrau

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 03:24:58 PM
I think the closet you could get to something similar happening in the US would be to imagine Mr Rogers being exposed as a massive child predator and sadist.

Poor Richard Harris!

Uh-oh

SredniVashtar

For a proud Yorkshireman you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time running down giant swathes of God's own county. Are there any parts of that sylvan wonderland that you actually like? Holmfirth? Which one are you anyway? Compo?

BobGrau

Look, I know it's fucking stupid, ok? Nevertheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QUuCWNyvv8

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 03:31:25 PM
He has been dead for years now. The allegations only came out posthumously, sadly. There was a big scandal at the time that the BBC sat on rumours about him for years, and they reacted strongly when there were suggestions shortly after his death that he was into anything shady. I think it just shows that when you have a certain amount of power and influence you can get away with all sorts. It's only later on that you find out what they were up to. It seems that it was an open secret in the media that he was a bad guy, but no-one came out and said anything. When I think back to those shows he used to do on TV, and giving kids 'Jim'll Fix It' badges, my blood runs cold. I don't think anyone at the time would have hesitated to let him baby sit their kids. Yet he looked like an exceptionally deranged Mr Punch. I don't know if they have the documentary 'When Louis Met Jimmy' on YouTube, but if they do it is well worth looking at. It was done when he was still alive, of course, and it was a truly disturbing journey into the mind of a fucked up old weirdo, yet nobody seemed to put two and two together.

I've familiar with the whole sordid story, and even before it all came to light I saw a documentary about him that gave the strong impression that he was a very strange man.  There's a scene where he's showing off his late mother's flat, which he had preserved exactly the way it was when she died right down to the clothes in the dresser drawers.

And here's his side of it as told to the irrepressible Kunt and the Gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGuSqSSmyy0

BellBoy

Quote from: BobGrau on November 10, 2015, 03:51:36 PM

I made it all the way up to the "Was Jimmy Saville Saturn?" segment... then my brain melted.

Quote from: BobGrau on November 10, 2015, 03:51:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QUuCWNyvv8

David Icke right AGAIN. David's been saying this exact thing for years, except the ring of pedophilia extends to many politicians in both England and the US (Boemian Grove) and to the music industry and Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAbrqjWLvs

Philosopher

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 10, 2015, 01:36:04 PM

This eye is decidedly disturbing up close.

BellBoy

Quote from: Philosopher on November 11, 2015, 08:19:30 AM
This eye is decidedly disturbing up close.

I'm quite sure that 'other parts' of Jimmy were equally disturbing, especially up close.

There, there Patrick, SpongeBob... Jim'll Fix It!

paladin1991

Seriously he got away with it for as long as he did because those around him were terrified of him. He had incredible power in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Well away from TV and radio. He ran dance halls and had lads beaten shitless if he fancied their girlfriends and the boyfriend objected. He had Chief constables as friends. His influence went very far and wide and he hid what he did by keeping it open for all to see. Top of Pops had the Nolan sisters on and the youngest had her breasts fondled in front of the other elder sisters! And when they (naturally) took umbrage and complained they were dismissed as imagining it! He terrified those around him, he had people fired or beaten up if he didn't like them or they'd crossed him.

All the more reason to put an animal down.

And yet, nobody put a bullet in his head.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 11, 2015, 10:33:50 AM
All the more reason to put an animal down.

And yet, nobody put a bullet in his head.
Too many connected people involved in similar type of stuff. Even up to these days police and government are "losing" victim statements, dossiers, and files. Child sex and prostitution rings are being ignored because they are run by Islamists and so "don't want to offend," etc but stuff is finally coming up as people die. Look up Elm House, Dolphin Square, Oxford Sex Ring, Rotherham Sex Scandal, and so on....sadly this type of stuff, and cover-ups, happen here and in other countries also.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11057647/Rotherham-sex-abuse-scandal-1400-children-exploited-by-Asian-gangs-while-authorities-turned-a-blind-eye.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elm_Guest_House_child_abuse_scandal