• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Horror Movies!

Started by ksm32, October 28, 2015, 09:33:10 PM

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 06:08:59 PM
Let's reboot this and get some energy.   8)

In no particular order:

The Exorcist
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
House of a 1000 Corpses
Devil's Rejects
Demons
Phantasm
Halloween
Salem's Lot
Prince of Darkness
The Thing
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th
Hellraiser
The Hills Have Eyes
Event Horizon
Last House on the Left

Halloween is my all time favorite horror movie.  The Exorcist is #2.  I love the horror genre in general and it's hard to delineate my reasons why I hold certain movies in a high regard.  I have a great fondness for the old-time movies too, such as Frankenstein, Dracula, et al.

Great list! I'm going a bit obscure this October, though I am going to the local kinoplex to watch The Fog in 4k!  Made a October 2018 watch thread here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12311.0

ItsOver

I'd add Vincent Price's "Last Man on Earth," too.  Spaghetti horror, but Price does his usual masterful job and the movie has the proper creepy atmosphere.

"Morgan! Come out, Morgan!"

http://youtu.be/w3DHRJadK9E

ItsOver

Also, speaking of "Halloween," my "against the grain" favorite of the series is "Halloween III - Season of the Witch."  Sure, no Michael Myer and a little schlocky, but, damn, it has Dan O'Herlihy and that damn song!

http://youtu.be/GoqxhvdAdns

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 18, 2018, 06:15:30 PM
I thought the movie Race With The Devil was pretty scary..especially since it’s turned out to be more reflective of the truth than not.  ;)

Also, and I know this will get critiqued from the right but I thought Hostel was a genuinely scary movie...again, especially since we now know that many of the leftist elites seem to get their kicks that way.  :o

Hmmm...race With the Devil.  I'll check it out.  8)   C'mon MD...let's take a break from the politics and current social climate when it comes to these movies.  These are training films for some people man!  ;)  Plus, to me, Hostel did make you realize what could be (is) out there.  And I believe that shit is.  Wasn't too scary to me though.

ShayP

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 18, 2018, 06:35:30 PM
Great list! I'm going a bit obscure this October, though I am going to the local kinoplex to watch The Fog in 4k!  Made a October 2018 watch thread here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12311.0

Thanks!  Not sure what the hell a kinoplex is and I'm not Googling it now.  ;D  Regardless, The Fog was a good one and I need to see that again.  I always had the feels for Adrienne Barbeau.  I could fap to her.

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2018, 06:38:29 PM
I'd add Vincent Price's "Last Man on Earth," too.  Spaghetti horror, but Price does his usual masterful job and the movie has the proper creepy atmosphere.

"Morgan! Come out, Morgan!"

It's in my NetFlix DVD queue!  Yes it is.  Fuck streaming.  The only thing I stream is piss.  Sorry.  I digress.  Vincent Price is the man.  From what I've heard and read this is the version closest to the book.  (no I'm not that guy)  The Will Smith version sucked.  The Omega Man was cool.  I don't know why I didn't watch this earlier.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 07:21:53 PM
Hmmm...race With the Devil.  I'll check it out.  8)   C'mon MD...let's take a break from the politics and current social climate when it comes to these movies.  These are training films for some people man!  ;)  Plus, to me, Hostel did make you realize what could be (is) out there.  And I believe that shit is.  Wasn't too scary to me though.

Shay, one day you’ll realize that if you’re alive and living in a society almost every aspect of your life IS political. Just accept and embrace that then y’all can stop having this protracted hissy fit over it.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 07:23:09 PM
Thanks!!!  I will if I'm able.  Never saw it on the big screen.
I saw Night of the Living Dead when it was first released on the big screen.  Saturday matinee, when I was a wee child.  Nightmares for weeks!  :o

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

http://youtu.be/UYR3dorshwA

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 07:32:58 PM
It's in my NetFlix DVD queue!  Yes it is.  Fuck streaming.  The only thing I stream is piss.  Sorry.  I digress.  Vincent Price is the man.  From what I've heard and read this is the version closest to the book.  (no I'm not that guy)  The Will Smith version sucked.  The Omega Man was cool.  I don't know why I didn't watch this earlier.
Yes, Vincent's is the best version, by far, even though it was an el cheapo, Italian production.  Vincent is great, it's in black and white, best watched late at night, during the Fall.

First saw it on the big screen, too.  My sister wouldn't answer a door, after watching it.  Heh, heh.

Yeah, Will Smith sucks, in general.  His "Wild, Wild West" was a mess, too.  Thumbs up for the Charlton Heston effort, though.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 19, 2018, 08:10:56 AM
Shay, one day you’ll realize that if you’re alive and living in a society almost every aspect of your life IS political. Just accept and embrace that then y’all can stop having this protracted hissy fit over it.  ;)

Oh dear doctor MD squared.  I personally don't have hissy fits, and quite frankly there are times where I even question if I am truly alive let alone living.  That darn existentialism.  I do get what you're saying though.  ;)  I've studied your habits.  ;D  Anyway, I figured at least you would think my comment of Hostel being a training film was slightly humorous...especially since I was essentially agreeing with you.   ::)  :D

Oh and I added Race with the Devil to my queue.  :)

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 19, 2018, 08:49:29 AM
Yeah, Will Smith sucks, in general.  His "Wild, Wild West" was a mess, too.

Ha!  Wild, Wild West was simply awful. 

Metron2267

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 07:21:53 PM

Out there?

Oh yes evil IS out there:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916962/Cannibal-family-admits-killing-eating-30-Russia.html
Cannibal family 'confesses to killing and eating at least 30 people in Russia, where they kept human remains in the cellar of their house of horror and posed for selfies with body parts'
'Cannibal family' from Krasnodar in Russia confesses to eating at least 30 people
Dmitry Baksheev, 35, said to have told interrogators cannibalism began in 1999
His picture was released along with an alleged female victim who was not named
Baksheev and his wife Natalia alleged to have stored body parts in their freezer

So why court gruesome "entertainment" when reality is its own blood bath?

???

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 19, 2018, 08:10:56 AM

"Political" = duality, yes?

Whence cometh the singularity, ever? :o

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on October 19, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
Oh dear doctor MD squared.  I personally don't have hissy fits, and quite frankly there are times where I even question if I am truly alive let alone living.  That darn existentialism.  I do get what you're saying though.  ;)  I've studied your habits.  ;D  Anyway, I figured at least you would think my comment of Hostel being a training film was slightly humorous...especially since I was essentially agreeing with you.   ::)  :D

Oh and I added Race with the Devil to my queue.  :)

Good plan on RWTD. You get to see hippie love child, Peter Fonda giving it all away. The jig is up, mister! ;)

BTW, I agree with your agreement, as I did in my original post. ;) ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on October 19, 2018, 08:42:16 AM
I saw Night of the Living Dead when it was first released on the big screen.  Saturday matinee, when I was a wee child.  Nightmares for weeks!  :o

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

http://youtu.be/UYR3dorshwA

I first saw it in a high school class I was taking called Screen Education. Laugh if you must but it was a really cool class (affiliated with the English dept). The reaction to it from pretty much the whole class was that it was too hoaky to be genuinely scarifying. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 19, 2018, 10:57:21 AM
I first saw it in a high school class I was taking called Screen Education. Laugh if you must but it was a really cool class (affiliated with the English dept). The reaction to it from pretty much the whole class was that it was too hoaky to be genuinely scarifying. ;)
http://youtu.be/JezqGUOWV9w

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2018, 06:48:48 PM
Also, speaking of "Halloween," my "against the grain" favorite of the series is "Halloween III - Season of the Witch."  Sure, no Michael Myer and a little schlocky, but, damn, it has Dan O'Herlihy and that damn song!

http://youtu.be/GoqxhvdAdns

It's a tough call, I love Season of the Witch, but the original has Jamie Lee's perfect boobs.

In my ideal Art Bell biopic, Tom Atkins has the leading role.

Metron2267

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 19, 2018, 04:11:33 PM
It's a tough call, I love Season of the Witch, but the original has Jamie Lee's perfect boobs.

Speaking of "Perfect"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAxu382YF8

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2018, 07:27:42 PM
Thanks!  Not sure what the hell a is and I'm not Googling it now.  ;D  Regardless, The Fog was a good one and I need to see that again.  I always had the feels for Adrienne Barbeau.  I could fap to her.

It's what the young kids are calling the movie theater these days, lol.  Just read Dennis Etchison's novelization of The Fog, it's great.

My 70s waifu Stevie Wayne was really the only acceptable replacement for Art.

what’s going on in here?

Metron2267

Just have to use a ball gag on the politics...

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/301207-jamie-lee-curtis-blasts-trump-for-gross-lecherous-comments-on#main-content
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis has slammed Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for his recently surfaced comments about Lindsay Lohan in which he remarked that “deeply troubled women” are always "the best in bed."

“She’s probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed,” Trump told shock jock Howard Stern on his radio program in 2004. "How come the deeply troubled women, you know, deeply, deeply troubled, they’re always the best in bed?”

Curtis took to Instagram this week to defend her former "Freaky Friday" co-star after Trump's comments emerged.

"I am appalled," Curtis wrote, posting a photo of the pair from the 2003 film. "Lindsay needed help and guidance. Not your gross, lecherous, lewd commentary."

http://www.libertyonenews.com/actress-jamie-lee-curtis-blame-trump/

Jamie Lee Curtis, a leftist Hollywood actress and extreme Trump-hater, has recently embarrassed herself on social media.
Curtis posted a humiliating rant on Twitter where she blamed President Donald Trump for the bogus Hawaii missile announcement made by a deceitful EMA official working at the state of Hawaii. Of course the EMA official has “absolutely no connection” to Donald Trump, the White House, or Russia. The tweet from Jamie Lee Curtis stated: “This Hawaii missle scare is on YOU Mr. Trump. The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY. Shame on your hate filled self. YOU DID THIS!

By the way, Jamie Lee, “missile” has two “i’s”…”

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 19, 2018, 04:18:55 PM
what’s going on in here?

LOL

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 19, 2018, 04:23:46 PM
Just have to use a ball gag on the politics...

Or upgrade the firmware.

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 19, 2018, 04:18:55 PM
what’s going on in here?
Get outta here, Nazi!  ;D  Don't you have some marching to do?  ;)