• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151022 - Douglas Mulhall – Nanotechnology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 22, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 10:52:49 PM
kool..will look into it..only thing i do is get in bed and take airborne

that wont save you when end up getting super ebola aids  :-[...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 10:53:00 PM
If you want cheap medicine you support universal health care.

+1

I'm disgusted that my American friends aren't more focused on this.  The U.S. is the only G8 country without universal health care.  It's shameful and quite frankly pitiful.  Get your act together!

Here's a Map of the Countries That Provide Universal Health Care (America's Still Not on It)

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/heres-a-map-of-the-countries-that-provide-universal-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 22, 2015, 10:50:40 PM
I'm a big fan of Linus Pauling and his Vitamin C ideas, this just supercharges that idea ;)

I used to use the powder, but sometimes it would upset the stomach and the way it was delivered meant only about 30% made it into the blood, whereas the lyposomal sticks around and gets mostly absorbed and fast 80% at a minimum and no upset stomach.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ASC on October 22, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
going through some of the threads today

star mountain you're hilarious
Oh my.  Thank you kindly ASC. :D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 22, 2015, 10:53:28 PM
Thanks Georgie, I did read that earlier.  I was just wonder whether anyone has heard from him since his last post.

Oh, yeah you were in that thread handing out cake.  Sorry 'bout that.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 10:53:00 PM
If you want cheap medicine you support universal health care.

The system is so far broken that universal health care seems the only logical solution...

Quote from: QuantumMystics on October 22, 2015, 10:48:38 PM
Why do all these shots when you can get therapeutic levels of vit c mainlined right into your blood, bypassing the stomach and the loss that amounts to when taking standard vitamins....every virus or bug I've had over the last 5 years I knocked out in a matter of 1-2 days with large doses of this stuff...I'm already your nanotech guinea pig so it seems.

+1

You can make your own on the cheap.  http://qualityliposomalc.com/styled-3/index.html

Donald Noory

Does Sandoz still make LSD? They should sell it over the counter.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 22, 2015, 10:54:40 PM
+1

I'm disgusted that my American friends aren't more focused on this.  The U.S. is the only G8 country without universal health care.  It's shameful and quite frankly pitiful.  Get your act together!
An awful lot of Canadians show up in US hospitals for the most modern treatments or they can't wait their turn. Of course that is only the people that can afford it.

SciFiAuthor

Art needs to have Aubrey de Grey on. Extending human lifespan by 50 years is peanuts compared to certain active areas of biotechnology.

Weirdoradio

The meta comment about being in 'dreamland' made me laugh.

ARE WE IN DREAMLAND?

Let's see next Sunday, Art.

JamesMcDonald

I think the guest missed this news:

Drug with rage-inducing >5,000% price-hike now has $1/pill competitor

Turing Pharmaceuticals, the company that last month raised the price of the decades-old drug Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750, now has a competitor.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company based in San Diego, announced today that it has made an alternative to Daraprim that costs about a buck a pillâ€"or $99 for a 100-pill supply.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/10/drug-with-rage-inducing-5000-price-hike-now-has-1pill-competitor/

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 10:57:00 PM
An awful lot of Canadians show up in US hospitals for the most modern treatments or they can't wait their turn. Of course that is only the people that can afford it.

Yeah, it sucks.  No one should be more important than anyone else on the basis of wealth when it comes to health care.

Nobody has a problem with paying a reasonable price, it maybe the gouging that gets really crazy, but given the upfront costs it seems reasonable to expect people to profit from their expertise.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 22, 2015, 10:57:37 PM

Turing Pharmaceuticals, the company that last month raised the price of the decades-old drug Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750, now has a competitor.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company based in San Diego, announced today that it has made an alternative to Daraprim that costs about a buck a pillâ€"or $99 for a 100-pill supply.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/10/drug-with-rage-inducing-5000-price-hike-now-has-1pill-competitor/
See, innovation works when there is competition. Read the article where it talks about the other 7800 drugs they want to reduce the price on. Market driven.

inuk2600

Ahahaha so poetic
That cunt CEO's face must look like a spanked bottom

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 10:57:00 PM

Why Americans Are Drowning in Medical Debt

Healthcare is the number-one cause of personal bankruptcy and is responsible for more collections than credit cards.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/why-americans-are-drowning-in-medical-debt/381163/

We could keep this up for hours.  Bottom line is, a society with a universal health care system is a civilized, caring society.

If Americans are so proud of their country, why don't they give a fuck about each other enough to not let their fellow citizens go bankrupt or even die over simple health care issues?

norland2424

michio

Quote from: Spinner on October 22, 2015, 10:44:44 PM

Science is a method used to try to arrive at truth. Science is not truth in and of itself.

No, really?   :o  I highly recommend you call into MitD when Neil is a guest and ask him why he said those words. Please.