Addictive Youtube Stuff

Started by Frys Girl, December 06, 2008, 07:51:10 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Usagi

Oh Lord Jesus.  I realize that this is a touch old now.  I'd seen the (hold your ears) memes for a while now, but I only discovered the video today.


Let me just say that I'm not exaggerating when I say this might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Watch the whole thing.  I promise you will be rewarded.


Sweet Brown - Original Report and Autotune Remix.mp4

PhantasticSanShiSan

Quote from: Usagi on February 22, 2013, 01:22:44 AM
Oh Lord Jesus.  I realize that this is a touch old now.  I'd seen the (hold your ears) memes for a while now, but I only discovered the video today.


Let me just say that I'm not exaggerating when I say this might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Watch the whole thing.  I promise you will be rewarded.


Sweet Brown - Original Report and Autotune Remix.mp4



Sickness.  Pretty creative and pretty good.

Great find. I know I'll be late to the party with this but the surfer still gets me every time.
http://youtu.be/GgQ5BJTSv9U






Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on December 06, 2008, 03:25:14 PM
i assume most of you have seen this, but it's still a classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgriTO8UHvs

This is not about the videos ( though I'm hooked too ) but what in the hell happened to Seagall ?'

Did he decide to just say fuck it and give up and totally not care about his body anymore ?

They've been running ads for his new tv show and he looks like the poster child for water retention.

Michelle Obama needs to be sent in fast to bitch slap him and make him go on Weight Watchers or something.

I was shocked to see him this fat.

IF I had the money he's made, I sure as hell wouldn't be fat. He even looks bigger than I do and I got heavy when I was sick.

Sheesh.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKimrTP7aH8




[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013


I do love the videos of this woman. Great voice, great personality and a great body too.

She's taking anatomy classes right now so no videos lately.

:-\

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOCkkvDHq8

karen eng

Caruthers612

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 28, 2013, 07:43:16 AM
I do love the videos of this woman. Great voice, great personality and a great body too.
karen eng


     Very nice. Just one question: who the hell is Karen Eng?


Falkie2013

Quote from: EvB on May 01, 2011, 09:25:21 PM
It is pretty cool to watch, but hard to believe.  Hit by lightening and survive?  sure.  hit by lighting and get up again without assistance in a short time?  Wow.  Hit by lighting twice in such a short period of time and STILL just walk away? 

is he one of the X-Men?!

Also, the article says he was "electrocuted" twice.  You can get an electric shock, with all kinds of consequences form a mild tingle to burns to the st oping of your heart.  But electrocution means dying from an electric shock (by any source - where death is determined by the stopping of the heart) Now, if he was electrocuted  twice, and got up and walked away - he should be on c2c!  ;)


Actually its not that unlikely. Years ago on Johnny Carson, he had a man who was a forest ranger who had gotten hit by lightning 7 times and lived. I remember watching the guy being interviewed when it was first on the air.


here's a quote from another site.



  Just watched this on the Science Channel

An Electrifying Personality

Don't believe the old adage that lightning never strikes the same place twice. Former Park Ranger Roy "Dooms" Sullivan never did. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Sullivan bas the dubious distinction of being the most lightning-struck person ever recorded. Between 1942 and his death in 1983, Roy Sullivan was struck by lightning seven times. The first lightning strike shot through Sullivan's leg and knocked his big toenail off. In 1969, a second strike burned off his eyebrows and knocked him unconscious. Another strike just a year later, left his shoulder seared. In 1972 his hair was set on fire and Roy had to dump a bucket of water over his head to cool off. In 1973, another bolt ripped through his hat and hit him on the head, set his hair on fire again, threw him out of his truck and knocked his left shoe off. A sixth strike in 1976 left him with an injured ankle. The last lightning bolt to hit Roy Sullivan sent him to the hospital with chest and stomach burns in 1977. Sullivan could never offer any explanation for this strange and unwelcome electrical attraction."

Anyone here been hit??
I got knocked over once by a bolt that bounced off the officer booths at the Peace Bridge went over our heads and blew up the light standard behind us.

Didn't see it hit - just felt the strike, found myself and the other traffic directors flat on the ground. Got up and turned around to see the transformer on the light standard smoking with flames shooting upward ( about 200 feet away )
I guess the shock wave of the bolt knocked us down - to close for any "boom" it just flattened us.
Close enough for me thank you very much[/t]



As to electrocution, well ... when we had our house in Maryland, I had gone out to water the lawn and had gotten wet. I went down into the rec room and plugged in a big fan figuring it would dry me off.


That made some kind of current come out of the socket and it ran down my arm and through my body. I recall flying across the room literally and wound up on the unfinished part of the rec room on the concrete floor. I was unconscious for about an hour.


You do really dumb things when you're a kid.


**********



I had a friend who wasn't that lucky. We were walking home from school in a light rain storm. It started to intensify with lightning and thunder when after about 10 minutes of walking a lightning bolt came down and hit him in the belt buckle. It left a smoking hole in his stomach and he died on the spot. I never took lightning so little serious ever since. It was in Washington DC when I was in about the 5th grade.


But then weird stuff happens to members of my family. My nephew went out with 2 of his friends to celebrate his graduation. On the way home, a semi jumped the railing in the middle of the car and hit his car. His 2 friends were killed and my nephew literally had his brain come out of the top of his head. After multiple surgeries he was able to function but could not remember math or equations or anything of that nature. He was about to go away to medical school in a couple of days.


My Mother lost a kidney when her car rolled down the slope of the parking garage of an apartment building we lived in. She got caught between the door and the door frame. Somehow the car got out of park and didn't stop until it hit a wall, dragging her all the way.


My Uncle Siegfried was blown off a telephone pole in Russia as he was running field telephone wire and had the misfortune to have a Soviet tank see it. It fired at the pole and blew it out from under him and he was found about 150 feet still hooked up to the portion of the pole he was on. But then he led a charmed life. He came down with an illness just before his ship sailed. That ship was the Bismarck. He transferred to the Wehrmacht after that.


My Father got bombed by the Japanese in China in the 1930s, again at Pearl Harbor and then had his jeep hit a land mine during the Battle of the Bulge. He almost lost a finger and had a huge gash in his forehead and had sinus problems for years until he had surgery for it in the late 1950s. He went through WWII and Korea without a scratch except for the one incident.


My other relatives had served in the Kriegsmarine, the Luftwaffe and my Uncle George from the Japanese line of my Father's family was one of the pilots to attack at Pearl Harbor. We found out that George probably bombed my Father while he had been supervising the unloading of trucks.


My Grandfather was in the Austrian Army in WWI. Nothing happened to him.


My Mother's first husband was lost on the Russian Front. Members of her family had served in the German/Austrian/Prussian military for some 800 years. Her first husband could trace his lineage back that far. She went to a reunion in Germany once and hundreds of relatives showed up.


I didn't go in the Air Force in 1970 because I thought my Mother would have freaked out over it. She never got over her being a nurse in Germany and having to walk from East Prussia to Berlin to escape the Russians and then wound up in Nuremburg. Her husband's family is rich and influential even today and is based in Frankfurt.

Sardondi

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 28, 2013, 10:11:36 AMI had a friend who wasn't that lucky. We were walking home from school in a light rain storm. It started to intensify with lightning and thunder when after about 10 minutes of walking a lightning bolt came down and hit him in the belt buckle. It left a smoking hole in his stomach and he died on the spot. I never took lightning so little serious ever since. It was in Washington DC when I was in about the 5th grade.

But then weird stuff happens to members of my family. My nephew went out with 2 of his friends to celebrate his graduation. On the way home, a semi jumped the railing in the middle of the car and hit his car. His 2 friends were killed and my nephew literally had his brain come out of the top of his head. After multiple surgeries he was able to function but could not remember math or equations or anything of that nature. He was about to go away to medical school in a couple of days.

My Mother lost a kidney when her car rolled down the slope of the parking garage of an apartment building we lived in. She got caught between the door and the door frame. Somehow the car got out of park and didn't stop until it hit a wall, dragging her all the way.

My Uncle Siegfried was blown off a telephone pole in Russia as he was running field telephone wire and had the misfortune to have a Soviet tank see it. It fired at the pole and blew it out from under him and he was found about 150 feet still hooked up to the portion of the pole he was on. But then he led a charmed life. He came down with an illness just before his ship sailed. That ship was the Bismarck. He transferred to the Wehrmacht after that.

My Father got bombed by the Japanese in China in the 1930s, again at Pearl Harbor and then had his jeep hit a land mine during the Battle of the Bulge. He almost lost a finger and had a huge gash in his forehead and had sinus problems for years until he had surgery for it in the late 1950s. He went through WWII and Korea without a scratch except for the one incident.

My other relatives had served in the Kriegsmarine, the Luftwaffe and my Uncle George from the Japanese line of my Father's family was one of the pilots to attack at Pearl Harbor. We found out that George probably bombed my Father while he had been supervising the unloading of trucks.

My Grandfather was in the Austrian Army in WWI. Nothing happened to him.

My Mother's first husband was lost on the Russian Front. Members of her family had served in the German/Austrian/Prussian military for some 800 years. Her first husband could trace his lineage back that far. She went to a reunion in Germany once and hundreds of relatives showed up.

I didn't go in the Air Force in 1970 because I thought my Mother would have freaked out over it. She never got over her being a nurse in Germany and having to walk from East Prussia to Berlin to escape the Russians and then wound up in Nuremburg. Her husband's family is rich and influential even today and is based in Frankfurt.
Are these your literal family's experiences or are they a quote? Regardless, it's an amazing series of events. It reminded of something I hadn't thought about in years. My high school German teacher was from Berlin and was a young teenager in April, 1945. Her class knew only that she had met and married a US Army officer after the war. She said little about her experiences, but once someone in the class made some kind of sarcastic or dismissive remark about hunger. It might even have had something to do with the famous scene in Gone With The Wind when a starving Scarlett eats a raw, unwashed turnip.

Quite out of character Mrs. H (I don't know her maiden name, but her first name was Ursala) just let him have it - not with any kind of heat, but a long, cold, dispassionate account of what she and her siblings and mother went through trying to escape Berlin and the approaching Russians. They were under artillery and small arms fire for many days as they tired to get out of the Soviet ring which was closing on Berlin. They moved westward towards the Americans and safety, because, she said, everyone knew of the Americans' kindness, generosity and fairness, even to their enemies. Plus they knew from reports on Germany's eastern border that the Soviets were coming for vengeance. They had to crawl for hundreds of yards under heavy machine gun fire in fields where the Soviets had set up numerous machine guns to try to stop residents from escaping. (I'm sure it would have been meaningless to explain to her and the others trying to escape that the Soviets were merely treating Germany like the Wehrmacht had treated Russia...with a good bit of interest). She said they had subsisted on raw carrots pulled from the dirt and eaten as is. And between the lines I thought I could hear that there was much more to the story which was too brutal for us 14-year-olds to hear about.

It was clear she had trouble understanding Americans who complained or who weren't eternally thankful for the sacrifices of those who gave them such security and prosperity as they enjoyed in the early 70's. She also thought we were weak and spoiled, and she was right. 

HorrorRetro

My dad was killed by lightning in '79.  He had made it through Vietnam after being wounded five times.  He was in medical school, took time off to earn some money in the Texas oilfields, and was hit during a storm when he was up on a platform.

Wow, this thread really picked up with the last three posts. Thanks for putting these up.

MV/Liberace!

paul mccartney's kid should find something else to spend his dad's money on.


he can't sing.


James McCartney Performs "Angel" on Fox 11's Good Day LA

MV/Liberace!

and if you watch the banter just before this performance, you'll see he also has the personality of a pencil eraser.


Exclusive James McCartney (son of Paul McCartney) performance on Lorraine

The General

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 06:12:07 PM
and if you watch the banter just before this performance, you'll see he also has the personality of a pencil eraser.
I ran into him once and I thought he was homeless for the first 10 minutes of our encounter.  He smelled kinda bad and looked like a vagrant.  He almost got asked to leave the store.

ziznak

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 06:05:17 PM
paul mccartney's kid should find something else to spend his dad's money on.


he can't sing.


James McCartney Performs "Angel" on Fox 11's Good Day LA
Paul McCartneys kid has down syndrome!?!? whaaaat?




and apparently he also was born with no stage presence nice

The General

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 06:05:17 PM
he can't sing
He should start a band with Sean Lennon.
The apple fell far, far away from the tree with these two.
These guys are proof that LSD damages your DNA for sure.

Sean Lennon - Dead Meat Live on The Sharon Osbourne Show


Eddie Coyle

 
      Sean is a chip off the old block.

      The block being in Japan. Julian is better. And ironically, Ringo's kid is probably the most talented son of a Beatle.

McPhallus


His hair isn't doing so well, either.  And he's a bit pudgy.  Fail.

Quote from: ziznak on March 13, 2013, 06:28:27 PM
Paul McCartneys kid has down syndrome!?!? whaaaat?




and apparently he also was born with no stage presence nice

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 06:48:35 PM

      Sean is a chip off the old block.

      The block being in Japan.



haha, yes.


Quote
Julian is better.


julian, definitely.


Julian Lennon I Don't Wanna Know Live

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 08:30:55 PM


haha, yes.



julian, definitely.

Julian lost his father twice(1969, 1980) and Yoko really screwed him bad in regards to money over the years. I'm glad that most Beatlemaniacs have enough taste to shun Sean's vanity projects. He put out an album in spring, 1998 that a co-worker bought as a goof and tortured us with during down periods on the loading dock. Atrocious, awful,abysmal asshole music.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 09:02:20 PM
         Julian lost his father twice(1969, 1980) and Yoko really screwed him bad in regards to money over the years....
Seems like Julian got a settlement from Yoko which has been described (almost certainly by Team Ono) as "generous" IIRC. Whatever, but it was John who screwed Julian, since with nothing more than a remark to his lawyer Julian could have been handsomely recognized in John's estate, and I don't think he was. If that is the case Julian joins the long line of people in John's life (that is of those not named or born of Yoko) who were screwed over by John.

All too often the image is far more attractive than the man. While legions of his fans desperately wish to attribute to John's personality all the loving characteristics and largeness of spirit they see in his lyrics; in real life he was a selfish, narcissistic shit who used people and abandoned them. He and Yoko were two near-sociopaths who found each other, which was probably lucky for the world.

The General

Quote from: Sardondi on March 14, 2013, 12:37:46 AM
Seems like Julian got a settlement from Yoko which has been described (almost certainly by Team Ono) as "generous" IIRC. Whatever, but it was John who screwed Julian, since with nothing more than a remark to his lawyer Julian could have been handsomely recognized in John's estate, and I don't think he was. If that is the case Julian joins the long line of people in John's life (that is of those not named or born of Yoko) who were screwed over by John.

All too often the image is far more attractive than the man. While legions of his fans desperately wish to attribute to John's personality all the loving characteristics and largeness of spirit they see in his lyrics; in real life he was a selfish, narcissistic shit who used people and abandoned them. He and Yoko were two near-sociopaths who found each other, which was probably lucky for the world.
I'm an enormous Lennon fan, and I agree completely.  He was an asshole by all accounts.

onan

I watched a movie a couple days ago. There was a line in it that seems to fit. But let me set it up.


The main character "Cheyenne" is an aging rock star, retired for 20+ years. He is visiting the grave site of a fan that committed suicide while listening to one of Cheyenne's songs. The lyrics are engraved on the tombstone. Moments later, Cheyenne, back at home he is crying and speaks to his wife. (paraphrased badly) "I didn't think much about the song. They just paid me a lot of money to sing it."


Lennon's songs often have been linked to some idea that he was an "old soul". He was a guy that made a shit ton of money. A shit ton of money does something to people, it takes away the normal consequences of social mistakes and sometime the consequences of even larger mistakes. Compound that with a crappy childhood... well you can see the possible outcomes.











                                   

MV/Liberace!

i played a james mccartney performance for my mom.  when she saw him for the first time, her verbal response was, "eww."  when she heard him start singing, she again remarked, "eww."

ziznak

he just comes off as like some slothy fat uninteresting guy... the clip where he talked for a little bit showed how boring of a person he is.  he sounded like he had no spark in him... just dull.


Coz

Quote from: The General on March 14, 2013, 12:42:37 AM
I'm an enormous Lennon fan, and I agree completely.  He was an asshole by all accounts.

Maybe the better term is "fully human".

b_dubb

Quote from: ziznak on November 27, 2012, 04:17:04 AM
im sorry but this must be shared....
i watch a lot of self defence videos but i rarely find such gems as these... feel free to subscribe and watch all of them... this one is just the best cause he happend to involve another innocent person...
Basic technique 6 defense from punch (Modified Uki-Otoshi)
ah fuck he has her in another one... jesus... lol
Basic technique 7 defense from punch (Modified Soto Makikomi)
instead of practicing martial arts on his poor wife this guy should go out and get a real job. that house is depressing.

I also like how he starts to get winded really fast. Indicating his combat acumen exists mostly in makebeliveland

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod