• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151012 - Dr. Dennis J. McKenna - Psychedelic Research - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 12, 2015, 05:02:28 PM

Barfly

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 12, 2015, 11:42:02 PM
oh yes...fascinating. I live for this kind of thing. Total. I mean, really...what else is there?
Harley Davidson

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
Thats a brilliant format! But Richard will have a hard time with the once a week Mars/Pluto thing, although he has been getting better, it just may work.

That's why I'm currently a member of Club 19.5... I can skip and pick and choose what I want to hear (when I have the time to check in). I do get that there are exciting times ahead for Mars/Pluto, but it's a segment's worth of material at best. Maybe the first of two hours if explored more in-depth.

RoseGirl

ever aspect that makes up 'reality' is also a dimension. It is how the universe is put together, mostly.

Actually, I take that back....there is a central hub. But more of energy than substance.

inuk2600

Quote from: ShayP on October 12, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
Does one ever see the baseline...maybe a child per se?

It might be impossible because of the high noise level of our senses. Our filters are always working hard to interpolate and remodel sensor data. Sometimes the gain is turned up too high on the sensor inputs and we hallucinate in the affected sense. Also dreams and hallucinations seem realer than real because they dont pass through the sense filters.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ShayP on October 12, 2015, 11:44:35 PM
clarify please.  So, no multiple realities.  ???

every concept has a dimension...and they go on and on and on....like bubbles attaching to bubbles in a huge cluster, sort of. There is, for instance, a dimension where everything is simply music...because music is one way in which 'reality' can be constructed.

There are several large main or easily 'accessible' dimensions....but many billions of others.

ShayP

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 12, 2015, 11:46:27 PM
It might be impossible because of the high noise level of our senses. Our filters are always working hard to interpolate and remodel sensor data. Sometimes the gain is turned up too high on the sensor inputs and we hallucinate in the affected sense. Also dreams and hallucinations seem realer than real because they dont pass through the sense filters.

Interesting.... 8)

Barfly

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 12, 2015, 11:44:57 PM
Did I forget to mention that motorcycle dimension?
I believe i live in that dimension, i have 3 Harleys and people ask me why when you can only ride one at a time?, i just look at them like they are strange.

Quote from: Crapphazzard on October 12, 2015, 11:44:21 PM
the frogs sound trippy as hell  ;D ;D
Haven't you noticed, when there is an outburst of frog chirruping or singing in the background, how you calm right down into a totally relaxed state?

ShayP

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 12, 2015, 11:47:19 PM
every concept has a dimension...and they go on and on and on....like bubbles attaching to bubbles in a huge cluster, sort of. There is, for instance, a dimension where everything is simply music...because music is one way in which 'reality' can be constructed.

There are several large main or easily 'accessible' dimensions....but many billions of others.

Gotcha  8)

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:47:43 PM
I believe i live in that dimension, i have 3 Harleys and people ask me why when you can only ride one at a time?, i just look at them like they are strange.

Same reason we have more than one fork in our kitchen drawer.

RoseGirl

physical reality is one of the very lowest dimensions and considered very vulgar in other realms. Language, for instance, does not exist elsewhere...and is very guttural and vulgar.

ShayP

Quote from: Étouffée on October 12, 2015, 11:48:11 PM
Haven't you noticed, when there is an outburst of frog chirruping or singing in the background, how you calm right down into a totally relaxed state?

they are relaxing.

Crapphazzard

I cant argue with that ;)

ShayP

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 12, 2015, 11:49:21 PM
physical reality is one of the very lowest dimensions and considered very vulgar in other realms. Language, for instance, does not exist elsewhere...and is very guttural and vulgar.

are you talking dirty to me?  ;D

RoseGirl

and you certainly don't need drugs to get there...in fact, you won't really get there if you go there 'artificially'

I finally placed it, Dennis sounds like Stanton Friedman - LOL.   ;)   :-\

Barfly

I like the sounds of animals outdoors, even when im camping, as long as they wont eat me

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:47:43 PM
Blaaaah ha ha ha  - - -  Exactly !

RoseGirl

It is only through the connection with nature that we can get there....that is why the 'powers that be' are so hell bent on destroying nature

WOTR

I hate to say it... But I'm done for the evening.  I just do not have the interest in drugs of any kind to listen longer.

Loved the Redacted shout-out, and I hope everybody else enjoys the rest of the evening- but it's time for something else...

Crapphazzard

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:51:13 PM
I like the sounds of animals outdoors, even when im camping, as long as they wont eat me
not if you eat them first  ;D

coaster

Considering young folks are dying from ayahuasca, I think it's irresponsible for people like McKenna and Graham Hancock to talk about it like it's harmless.