• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151008 - Kevin Mitnick - Hacking - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 08, 2015, 07:42:26 PM

sydtron

What kind of computer did you guys have when you were younger?

I had a VIC 20 and a Commodore SX-64.  Then eventually an AMIGA 500.  With a whopping 1Mb of ram!!!  OOOOHHH!!!!

*sigh* Come on, Art. Stop scaring people who don't understand the situation.

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:02:56 PM
Braapwells!

Should be good tonight. Hacker stuff is always muy interesting.

Braaps Zen

Shit, we got THE...    Kevin Mitnick tonight. This should be phenomenal.

maren

Quote from: coaster on October 08, 2015, 10:02:48 PM
Not really into hacking stuff, but tuning in for a bit anyway.

Years ago Art had one of the very first well known hackers on -- I think he went by the name Capn' Crunch?  Anyway, I wasn't at all interested -- something to do with hacking pay phones or something?  Yawn.  Well, I was riveted, GREAT radio and even I had no idea what the hell they were talking about -- and lots of hackers called in -- it was fascinating.

Maybe it'll be better than you think

Zenman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 08, 2015, 10:04:38 PM
Good evening Zenman!

Hi, starr! Hey, you're all over the internet. I think I've heard you on every show I listen to.

coaster

Quote from: maren on October 08, 2015, 10:06:43 PM
Years ago Art had one of the very first well known hackers on -- I think he went by the name Capn' Crunch?  Anyway, I wasn't at all interested -- something to do with hacking pay phones or something?  Yawn.  Well, I was riveted, GREAT radio and even I had no idea what the hell they were talking about -- and lots of hackers called in -- it was fascinating.

Perhaps. I'm willing to give it a chance.

trostol

Richard will still find some how to go crazy over the NASA announcement

Zenman

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 08, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Braaps Zen

Hey, Sand. Most definitely. One of my favourite subjects.

HEY

hello

I love you all. someone please say hi to me for once.

maren

RoseGirl

Didn't they just announce that there were blue skies on Pluto and a huge amount of red water?

Art

Anybody remember when the breakup of Yugoslavia was supposed to ignite WWIII?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:06:48 PM
Hi, starr! Hey, you're all over the internet. I think I've heard you on every show I listen to.
Just GabCast and a couple times I called into Art's show.  But thanks for noticing Zenman. :D

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Art Crow on October 08, 2015, 10:09:21 PM
Anybody remember when the breakup of Yugoslavia was supposed to ignite WWIII?

World War 3 has been going on for years.  Fought by the bankers.

albrecht

Yeah, Capt Crunch would be a good guest to revisit though I'm told he has some serious health problems recently. He was more of a phreaker which, to me, seemed more cool and easy to understand. And interesting. The coding, computer stuff goes over my head though the social engineering aspect of modern day fraud/hacking is interesting. Knowing a victim of Crytpolocker 3.0 I don't have much admiration anymore for hackers, as it seems to have just gone full-bore criminal and not for "fun" or public interest. And often run by criminal gangs/countries. One will note that Anonymous etc doesn't go after the Cartels, as they promised, or criminal gangs etc.

trostol

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 08, 2015, 10:09:01 PM
Didn't they just announce that there were blue skies on Pluto and a huge amount of red water?

blue skies and ice water..for ya know..alien parties

maren

Quote from: ASC on October 08, 2015, 10:08:48 PM
HEY

hello

I love you all. someone please say hi to me for once.

Hi!  So sorry nobody said hi to you.  I'm a relative newbie, but let me give you a welcoming *hug*! 

Quote from: trostol on October 08, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
Richard will still find some how to go crazy over the NASA announcement

And this is why we all love Richard.

cosmic hobo

I can't believe Art didn't mention the fan funded advertisement in Talkers mentioned in the article. Someone should send him the link.

http://www.talkers.com/2015/10/08/thursday-october-8-2015/

Quote from: maren on October 08, 2015, 10:10:17 PM
Hi!  So sorry nobody said hi to you.  I'm a relative newbie, but let me give you a welcoming *hug*!

Thanks, appreciate it. Hello to you!

maren

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 08, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Braaps Zen

Rozbraaps Sandman!  Or is that BraapsWells?  Anyway, good evening! ;D

Yup. Phone Phreaking  2600Hz (Hence hackers identify with 2600 as a call-sign) Captain Crunch. Heard that one live - excellent show.