• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

pate

I refuse to recognize any parallel universe that I do not exist in.

Someone's going to hack the time stream and integrate a time virus!

maren

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
He is a good guy, for whatever reason, this show isn't as good as he is, or as Art usually is. But "it aint over yet" and this guy is not Obama; he got his position due to his hard work and studies, not affirmative action/white guilt voters.

Oh.  Is that why I voted for Obama?  Apparently you know me better than I know myself.  Wow.  Impressive.

zeebo

Quote from: pate on October 06, 2015, 11:51:23 PM
I refuse to recognize any parallel universe that I do not exist in.

hehe, top-right corner nominee

pate

I will steal all valuables from parallel universes I do not exist in.  I will be unprosecutable (sp) in those time streams!

Muahaha!

I hope this is the parallel universe and I'm actually in another, more Georgie for President friendly universe.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:51:43 PM
Someone's going to hack the time stream and integrate a time virus!
It hasn't? Don't we, Russia, etc make various time changes? Or those even more radical try to start "year zeros?"

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:51:35 PM
I'm concerned that this could be bath-salt like to me! Thanks though (I'm calling support group for salt and pickled items.)

I still like the old fashioned crinkly cut fries from the grocery store...buy those, fry...while hot just out of the oil, add this powdered vinegar (acetic acid), salt and pepper! Pure Crack!

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:54:33 PM
It hasn't? Don't we, Russia, etc make various time changes? Or those even more radical try to start "year zeros?"

I'm talking about erasing the time hard drive, dogs living with cats, etc.

BobGrau

The parallel worlds are fictional worlds... you (the eternal omniscient spirit wafting lonely in the ethersphere) need the 'real' world of clunky matter and boring fundamental laws in order to access the infinite possiblities presented by Imagination. Maaaan.

Quote from: pate on October 06, 2015, 11:47:59 PM
I imagine that some/most of the possible 'universes' would be unviable, for whatever reason...
Yes, like the cloned "children" of Dolly the sheep.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:54:26 PM
I hope this is the parallel universe and I'm actually in another, more Georgie for President friendly universe.

Dude there are universes where you and your VP Leo are ruling the world.  Unfortunately they're worlds filled with unending pizza roll wars.

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:57:30 PM
Dude there are universes where you and your VP Leo are ruling the world.  Unfortunately they're worlds filled with unending pizza roll wars.

Backstabbing Leo?  Maybe I am better off here.  Plus I only burn my throat a few times a week in this universe.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:57:30 PM

pate

All this thyme travel and talk of salt 'n vinegar chips is making me hungry.

Must make burritos...
(Chicken, beans, rice, guacamole, salsa verde;   all made from scratch and frozen {except the rice}, chefist)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: pate on October 06, 2015, 11:39:43 PM
Heh, pull my finger...

I've noticed Prof that as wife and I age, she is looking older than me... No worries Wife isn't a Bellgabber...  I've driven a car like a million miles, while wife drives a lot less. Does this explain the difference in our apparent aging.. Should I trade her in for a younger woman that has a lot of miles on her?   

I want to know the following.

If Ronald Mallett turns his time machine on today, and his grandson immediately steps out from 50 years in the future, then what happens for the next 50 years?  Does he see his grandson sitting in the time machine for the next 50 years until he actually climbs inside?

If so, doesn't that establish a continuity?  Wouldn't that mean the grandson never left this universe for an alternative one?  Then he could not have possibly gone to an alternative Universe because of the continuity we established by watching him for the next 50 years?

Now what happens if the grandson steps out and destroys the time machine?

If someone understands my question about continuity and can phrase it better, could you please wormhole this?

chefist

Quote from: pate on October 07, 2015, 12:01:11 AM
All this thyme travel and talk of salt 'n vinegar chips is making me hungry.

Must make burritos...
(Chicken, beans, rice, guacamole, salsa verde;   all made from scratch and frozen {except the rice}, chefist)

Mexico would deport you if you put rice inside a burrito!  :D

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:55:44 PM
I'm talking about erasing the time hard drive, dogs living with cats, etc.
;) I'm just still trying to get ya on the probabilistic, "rounding," and "adjusting" stuff. And dogs can lie with cats and get along; albeit in an almost "balance of power" situation that would Metternich proud. Now, lambs with lions? Not yet.

pate

Quote from: chefist on October 07, 2015, 12:04:42 AM
Mexico would deport you if you put rice inside a burrito!  :D

I think they already did in a parallel universe, that's why I'm hear...

I think.

You can't put rice in a burrito?  I may be about to destroy the multi-verse complex, as I fully intend to ricify (sp) these burritos.  I will do it for science!

maren

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 07, 2015, 12:04:18 AM
I want to know the following.

If Ronald Mallett turns his time machine on today, and his grandson immediately steps out from 50 years in the future, then what happens for the next 50 years?  Does he see his grandson sitting in the time machine for the next 50 years until he actually climbs inside?

If so, doesn't that establish a continuity?  Wouldn't that mean the grandson never left this universe for an alternative one?  Then he could not have possibly gone to an alternative Universe because of the continuity we established by watching him for the next 50 years?

Now what happens if the grandson steps out and destroys the time machine?

If someone understands my question about continuity and can phrase it better, could you please wormhole this?

MITD 51 - go for it!

pate

At least we are past the "One thyme at parallel universe band-camp..." caller stories before the question.

Quote from: albrecht on October 07, 2015, 12:06:19 AM
;) I'm just still trying to get ya on the probabilistic, "rounding," and "adjusting" stuff. And dogs can lie with cats and get along; albeit in an almost "balance of power" situation that would Metternich proud. Now, lambs with lions? Not yet.

:D