• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151002 - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thred

Started by jazmunda, October 02, 2015, 08:52:57 PM

pate

Quote from: TigerLily on October 03, 2015, 12:40:02 AM
Shay, Ross, MV, autistic savant....

I suppose I could be "drafted," but I won't read Noos for free.

I demand Tropical Skittles, beer, Beam and RC cola for mixer (I will provide my own glasses & ice)...

GravitySucks

Quote from: pate on October 03, 2015, 10:35:39 AM
I suppose I could be "drafted," but I won't read Noos for free.

I demand Tropical Skittles, beer, Beam and RC cola for mixer (I will provide my own glasses & ice)...
I would read the news for union scale, but the first time someone posted a negative comment about my pronunciation, diction or content I would have to use my directed energy device to send some gravity waves.  Untold destruction and many dead babies would ensue.  Snoory would have lots to talk about as he pondered whether or not the gravity waves came from a portal.

Weirdoradio

Just managed to catch up on this episode via the archive.

I love open lines now. We got through the initial hump where most nights had people fawning over Art's return and that seriously bogged down the flow of the show but I feel like we've gotten through that.

My only huge issue with callers has to do with the amount of people who call in and want to discuss C2C stuff from 15-20 years ago on a regular basis, and I fear that as Art expands and more people realize that he's back this will keep happening.

Classic old open lines episodes were made by the moments created in them. Now we've entered this weird meta era where half the time is spent on weirdo callers ('Talking to Ron' dude from tonight, the vampire from last week) that we love and people calling in reminiscing about old episodes/events/incidents. We're busy thinking about old memories instead of creating new ones, as a listener base.

That's just my gripe. With that being said, however, 2 1/2 hours just flew by.

Pele

I'm hoping you all can help me out. My life has taken a turn for the busy, and I haven't been able to listen for the past 3 weeks. Can anyone recommend the best few shows from the past 3 weeks?

anunnaki

Quote from: ArJuna on October 02, 2015, 11:42:13 PM
I exchanged a few emails with Keith, once recently and a couple times a few years back. He was most definitely a bit of an ass for no good reason on two of those occasions.  It was totally uncalled for too.

(Sorry Keith, it's true.  I was surprised, not many people are like that.)

I DID NOT have any bad experience with the few emails I exchanged with him.
He was responsive, and polite.

I said- "I don’t know where you find the time Keith. I hope you still make time to smell the flowers on this life’s journey â€" it goes by very fast.
One morning like me, you’ll look in the mirror and wonder where that old guy looking back came from !
"

He responded that he tries to have drama free weekends, but there have been few of them.

How foreseeable that reply was !

anunnaki

"Apparently there were hurt feelings over Keith not linking the news website on artbell.com"

That might have exposed Keith's site to liabilities he wouldn't incur by not marrying the two sites.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Pele on October 03, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
I'm hoping you all can help me out. My life has taken a turn for the busy, and I haven't been able to listen for the past 3 weeks. Can anyone recommend the best few shows from the past 3 weeks?

Steven Starr about Thermonuclear war (Sept. 29)
Nick Redfern about those damn MIB (Sept. 28)
Open lines from last Friday (Sept. 25)
Dr. David Jacobs about alien/human hybrids (Sept. 25)
John Burroughs about the Rendlesham UFO incident (Sept. 17)

Pele

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 03, 2015, 01:12:27 PM
Steven Starr about Thermonuclear war (Sept. 29)
Nick Redfern about those damn MIB (Sept. 28)
Open lines from last Friday (Sept. 25)
Dr. David Jacobs about alien/human hybrids (Sept. 25)
John Burroughs about the Rendlesham UFO incident (Sept. 17)

Thank you so much! I'm going to get to listening right away!

Uberscribed..

Quote from: Pele on October 03, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
each and everyone... (sorry in case it is not help) but last night's  show tops all of them ...
[ "i" follow  Art since the mid' nighties ]  ~
so... last night's open lines is an absolute CROWN (in my between ears)
"married to an alien"  ~  beyond all belief ... ! !! !!!  ...wow
P l e a s e   LISTEN from the first bit to the last ...

~ " in ART we trust " ~

b_dubb

Re the guy whose wife bleeds green. Apparently that's medically possible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_blood

popple

Does it give her complexion a green hue? Just asking for a friend.

b_dubb

lamr

Great show, good flow once it got going. Some craziness which was welcomed.

No DMN. A joy I tell you. An absolute joy.

Quote from: Leo AshcraftOk for those that are saying its not tough to find someone to read the news. I agree! This isnt rip and read off the AP wire though. But beyond that - my part of MITD went beyond DMN which was a very small part. Some of these included handling all of the affiliate stations, from marketing, setup, and support. Guess what - all of those funds came out of my pocket - to the tune of more than $10,000 over the past three months. Have they reimbursed me? No. Have they paid my split of the program proceeds? No. So if you want this job and would like to Pay Art a few thousand dollars each month to have it. All power to you! enjoy the mediation of fights between Art and the affiliates - thats super fun.

Quote from: Leo Ashcraft

Ahh look at this. They claim they only brought in $12,000 in August and September. And this is my cut. Yet they dont give me a dime from the 12,000 time travelers where they have and continue to use my news product? Well over $120,000 of dollars missing from that($60k each month for time travelers for August & September) $12,000 figure don't you think? Keith Rowland has sent me the following which I will not accept the funds as it is a trick to get me to accept this as final payment. $120.17 for three months of work. Still its not a huge sum - $1400 bucks - but they are so greedy - here they try to scam me to accept $120.17

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1699273113692243&set=a.1399264017026489.1073741828.100008287119641&type=3

If any of this is true, it's crazy. MV, get Leo on a Gabcast, STAT.

JC Collins

Quote from: norland2424 on October 02, 2015, 11:18:42 PM
i get that but hes attacking Art not Keith

Huh? How was he "attacking" Art?  He made it quite clear Art was NOT the issue, KEITH was.

norland2424

Quote from: JC Collins on October 04, 2015, 05:24:29 AM
Huh? How was he "attacking" Art?  He made it quite clear Art was NOT the issue, KEITH was.

You need to catch up, he has ranted that Art has ripped him off and alot of other stupid shit.

nika01

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 05:47:25 AM
You need to catch up, he has ranted that Art has ripped him off and alot of other stupid shit.
Glad Leo is gone. The man couldnt pronounce common words correctly. He belongs on a second rate show like C2C, where mediocrity is celebrated.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nika01 on October 04, 2015, 07:48:40 AM
He belongs on a second rate show like C2C, where mediocrity is celebrated.

He could host the GabCast.

csummers

No news just made a great show better. It was draggin it down from day one. I cant imagine listening to the archived shows in 20 years and having to listen to that annoying voice destroy shows that will be enjoyed forever. Now i wont have to go back and clip it out every night and can just leave the archives alone, wont have to dive for the mute or volume button when i hear that screech either.

First rule of delivering an ultimatum is to have something people will miss before you make a demand. Those garbage reports could not have been more annoying and useless.

I say no need for the news segment at all, it was absolutely horrible from day one with roller coaster audio clipped together like a grade 8 kids school project.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: csummers on October 04, 2015, 02:44:00 PM

First rule of delivering an ultimatum is to have something people will miss before you make a demand. Those garbage reports could not have been more annoying and useless.

I say no need for the news segment at all, it was absolutely horrible from day one with roller coaster audio clipped together like a grade 8 kids school project.

you summed it up perfectly here.  the whole thing was amateur hour.  glad it'll be gone.

Pele

Quote from: Uberscribed.. on October 03, 2015, 03:59:54 PM
each and everyone... (sorry in case it is not help) but last night's  show tops all of them ...
[ "i" follow  Art since the mid' nighties ]  ~
so... last night's open lines is an absolute CROWN (in my between ears)
"married to an alien"  ~  beyond all belief ... ! !! !!!  ...wow
P l e a s e   LISTEN from the first bit to the last ...

~ " in ART we trust " ~

Thanks! I will add that to the list. 3 down, several to go.

Alienmojo

I thought this was interesting. All of a sudden DMN is back and now Leo says, "I have been asked to put together a full 3 â€" 4 hour program which would go directly against MITD â€" the same time slot. I want to thank the following station owners/operators for your support of me through this ridiculous situation: Ed Stohlz at KBET in Las Vegas, Geno Munari, KIYQ, Paul Reyes KFRN, Andy Vierra, Aaron Scott â€" KQRP, KALH, KFTW, KJMR, KTSQ, KZPZ, WEFA, WZQR. Several others â€" I’m sorry if I missed you here. I look forward to working with you all and providing a real, professional and dementia free radio program. All stations btw â€" that no longer carry MITD as of Friday!"
Anyone know if this is true or know anything more about it?

Kolchak

Quote from: Alienmojo on October 04, 2015, 08:27:37 PM
I thought this was interesting. All of a sudden DMN is back and now Leo says, "I have been asked to put together a full 3 â€" 4 hour program which would go directly against MITD â€" the same time slot. I want to thank the following station owners/operators for your support of me through this ridiculous situation: Ed Stohlz at KBET in Las Vegas, Geno Munari, KIYQ, Paul Reyes KFRN, Andy Vierra, Aaron Scott â€" KQRP, KALH, KFTW, KJMR, KTSQ, KZPZ, WEFA, WZQR. Several others â€" I’m sorry if I missed you here. I look forward to working with you all and providing a real, professional and dementia free radio program. All stations btw â€" that no longer carry MITD as of Friday!"
Anyone know if this is true or know anything more about it?

No idea, but Leo attempting to fill 4 hours would be an amazing trainwreck to watch.

ZomZom

I have a hard time believing that the people and stations named in that post are happy to be mentioned.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ZomZom on October 04, 2015, 09:22:54 PM
I have a hard time believing that the people and stations named in that post are happy to be mentioned.

heh heh, yeah, that's probably something to consider.

JC Collins

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 08:11:37 AM
He could host the GabCast.

Sources tell me he was even recently INVITED to appear on the show.  Go figure, huh?