• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151001 - Father Michael Maginot - Exorcism - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 01, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 01, 2015, 11:24:06 PM
Is it when a show seems slow like this that you end up sorting coupons, cleaning the microwave's every last surface with a toothbrush, cleaning the litterbox, folding odd laundry, etc?

Not that I don't like you guys here or anything, but your probably just as bored.

haha, yeah.  I'm setting up my XBMC box.   8)

Weirdoradio

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 01, 2015, 11:22:59 PM
Thanks. This could be an interesting interview if the guy had a great radio voice. But it is so easy to just not listen because he has next to NO inflection in his voice. It is the kind of voice you would use to read the names aloud from a telephone book. I don't think I can deal with this cold mash potatoes voice much longer.

Oddly enough I feel like this interview would go down much better in a written, Q&A style context. Good oral storytelling involves knowing how to build to crescendos at appropriate intervals and how to accentuate different parts of stories in order to grab a listener. This is a bit on the monotonous side, like he's giving a deposition or something.

Catsmile

When I was a boy bumps and bulges would appear outta nowhere all the tiem.  :-[

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 01, 2015, 11:24:06 PM
Is it when a show seems slow like this that you end up sorting coupons, cleaning the microwave's every last surface with a toothbrush, cleaning the litterbox, folding odd laundry, etc?

Not that I don't like you guys here or anything, but your probably just as bored.

I actually have this new Weezer / Kanye West mash-up album that no one asked for on low while trying to listen to this interview.

Dyna-X

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 01, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
haha, yeah.  I'm setting up my XBMC box.   8)

Careful, don't get addicted to home theater, now, LOL

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 01, 2015, 11:25:47 PM
Oddly enough I feel like this interview would go down much better in a written, Q&A style context. Good oral storytelling involves knowing how to build to crescendos at appropriate intervals and how to accentuate different parts of stories in order to grab a listener. This is a bit on the monotonous side, like he's giving a deposition or something.

He reminds me of this 200 year old nun who is on the Vatican Catholic cable channel. Each day she reads the rosary. She has absolutely NO inflection in her voice. I fall asleep within 10 minutes of listening to her. I guess actual spirituality is irrelevant. You just gotta say the prayers out loud even if you have zero feeling about it. How Catholic!

pate

I'm trying to find some AA batteries for my SW radio so I can go to bed and listen.

Apparently with the AC adapter plugged in the wire acts as an antenna that picks up Dave's show, that farging bastige!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 01, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Careful, don't get addicted to home theater, now, LOL

No.  I just want to use it to watch hockey   ;)

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Catsmile on October 01, 2015, 11:26:34 PM
When I was a boy bumps and bulges would appear outta nowhere all the tiem.  :-[

Um.....when you hit puberty this starts to happen a lot in the groin area. I always woke up each morning with a pitched tent in the groin area. :P

norland2424

Quote from: pate on October 01, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
I'm trying to find some AA batteries for my SW radio so I can go to bed and listen.

Apparently with the AC adapter plugged in the wire acts as an antenna that picks up Dave's show, that farging bastige!

get em from your tv remotes

I have completely tuned this guy out. I hear talking but nothing is really sticking.

pate

Quote from: norland2424 on October 01, 2015, 11:30:20 PM
get em from your tv remotes

Can't find the remotes, I've even tried remote-viewing their location...

starrmtn001

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 01, 2015, 11:30:17 PM
Um.....when you hit puberty this starts to happen a lot in the groin area. I always woke up each morning with a pitched tent in the groin area. :P
Can also be used as a kick stand, to keep you from falling out of bed. ;D

Mild Bill

Art is interviewing for a witch to replace Dr. Paglini and a priest to replace Malachi Martin...that's my take on it.

So far....not yet.

ChandlersDad

Did I hear right that this man thinks having your palm read opens you up to demonic possession? How about reading  your astrology information in the daily paper? What if we watched BEWITCHED as a child or now in reruns? Funny how to guys like him "occult" seems to be anything other than Catholicism.  Oh, yeah! Watch out for those video games - they are the devil's front door to possession.

JamesMcDonald

Holy cow!  I was installing an 80s music videos plugin and I inadvertently started up this video.  I've never heard of her.  What the what is this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6dIBK7_ig

norland2424

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 01, 2015, 11:31:14 PM
I have completely tuned this guy out. I hear talking but nothing is really sticking.

i think we all have, are you ready for hoagie open lines?

Dyna-X

Even Leo's Carbon "dee-oxide" news is a repeat...time to make some coffee so strong the spoon will stand up by itself.