• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

CERN and September 23rd

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, September 22, 2015, 04:48:10 AM

Since the World is going to end tomorrow when an asteroid hits the Large Hadron Collider and sprays quantum black holes all over the place, disrupting the false vacuum and starting a cascade effect that will erase all matter in the Universe at the speed of light, I thought I would post this fact sheet. 

I have actually had a difficult time finding out what was supposed to happen on September 23rd, exactly, so here it is from the CERN press office.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CERN answers your queries about 23 September 2015

Is the Large Hadron Collider dangerous?

No. Although powerful for an accelerator, the energy reached in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is modest by nature’s standards.  Cosmic rays â€" particles produced by events in outer space â€" collide with particles in the Earth’s atmosphere at much greater energies than those of the LHC. These cosmic rays have been bombarding the Earth’s atmosphere as well as other astronomical bodies since these bodies were formed, with no harmful consequences. These planets and stars have stayed intact despite these higher energy collisions over billions of years.

Read more about the safety of the LHC here

Is CERN planning anything for the end of September 2015?

CERN has no special events planned for the end of September. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will be running at its usual collision energy of 13 teraelectronvolts (TeV).

The LHC has been running at this collision energy since 3 June 2015 and had already delivered some 28,000 billion collisions to the large experiments by mid-August. Throughout the rest of 2015, CERN aims to gradually increase the number of collisions, while remaining at the same energy. Read more about gradually increasing the intensity of the proton beams here.

Why is the Higgs boson referred to as the God particle?

The Higgs boson is the linchpin of the Standard Model of particle physics but experimental physicists weren’t able to observe it until the arrival of the LHC, nearly 50 years after the particle was first postulated. Leon Lederman coined the term ‘the God particle’ in his popular 1993 book ‘The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What is the Question?’ written with Dick Teresi. In their book, Lederman and Teresi claim the nickname originated because the publisher wouldn’t allow them to call it ‘the Goddamn Particle’ â€" a name that reflected the difficulty in observing the elusive boson. The name caught on through the media attention it attracted but is disliked by both clerics and scientists.

Is CERN's aim to prove that God does not exist?

No. People from all over the world work together harmoniously at CERN, representing all regions, religions and cultures. CERN exists to understand the mystery of nature for the benefit of humankind. Scientists at CERN use the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter â€" the fundamental particles. Particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. This process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.

Why does CERN have a statue of Shiva?

The Shiva statue was a gift from India to celebrate its association with CERN, which started in the 1960’s and remains strong today. In the Hindu religion, Lord Shiva practiced Nataraj dance which symbolises Shakti, or life force. This deity was chosen by the Indian government because of a metaphor that was drawn between the cosmic dance of the Nataraj and the modern study of the ‘cosmic dance’ of subatomic particles. India is one of CERN’s observer states, along with the USA, Russia and Japan. CERN is a multicultural organisation that welcomes scientists from more than 100 countries and 680 institutions. The Shiva statue is only one of the many statues and art pieces at CERN.

What are the shapes in the CERN logo?

The shapes in CERN’s current logo represent particle accelerators. The logo in this form dates back to 1968, when a decision was made to change the CERN logo from the original one, seen here. Some 114 new designs were proposed, many of which used CERN’s experiments as inspiration. The final design used the original lettering, surrounded by a schematic of a synchrotron, beam lines and particle tracks. Today’s logo is a simplified version of this.

Will CERN open a door to another dimension?

CERN will not open a door to another dimension. However, if the experiments conducted at the LHC demonstrate the existence of certain particles it could help physicists to test various theories about nature and our Universe, such as the presence of extra dimensions. There is more information here.

What did Stephen Hawking say about Higgs potential destroying the Universe?

Hawking was not discussing the work being done at the LHC.

The LHC observes nature at a fundamental level but does not influence it. Measurements of the Higgs boson have allowed us to learn more about the intrinsic nature of the Universe, and it is this that Hawking was discussing. The measured properties of the boson suggest that the Universe is in a quasi-stable equilibrium, though with a lifetime far exceeding anything we can imagine (10^100 years). This is explained further in the TEDxCERN talk below:

http://tedxcern.web.cern.ch/video/2013/what-higgs-might-mean-fate-universe

Why does CERN appear in Google Maps when I type certain keywords?

Many of these associations have no grounding in fact, and are a possible result of several users renaming locations on their own maps, keyword searches, or from lots of users creating custom maps, which utilise those search terms.

Can the LHC have an influence on weather patterns and natural phenomena?

No. The magnets at CERN have an electromagnetic field, which is contained with the magnets themselves and therefore cannot influence the Earth’s magnetic field, nor the weather. The strength of the LHC magnets (8.36 teslas) is comparable to the magnetic field found in PET-MRI scanners (link is external) (up to 9.4 tesla (link is external)), which are regularly used for brain scans.

Will CERN generate a black hole?

The LHC will not generate black holes in the cosmological sense. However, some theories suggest that the formation of tiny 'quantum' black holes may be possible. The observation of such an event would be thrilling in terms of our understanding of the Universe; and would be perfectly safe. More information is available here.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://press.web.cern.ch/backgrounders/cern-answers-your-queries-about-23-september-2015

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 22, 2015, 04:48:10 AM
Since the World is going to end tomorrow when an asteroid hits the Large Hadron Collider and sprays quantum black holes all over the place, disrupting the false vacuum and starting a cascade effect that will erase all matter in the Universe at the speed of light, I thought I would post this fact sheet. 

Will CERN generate a black hole?

The LHC will not generate black holes in the cosmological sense. However, some theories suggest that the formation of tiny 'quantum' black holes may be possible. The observation of such an event would be thrilling in terms of our understanding of the Universe; and would be perfectly safe. More information is available here.

http://press.web.cern.ch/backgrounders/cern-answers-your-queries-about-23-september-2015

Why aren't there ever "good" or "beneficial" conspiracies? Such as they are ramping up and firing CERN to SAVE the earth from the Asteroid/Planet-X by throwing a mini blackhole at it to suck up the asteroid/Planet-X? Or "they" are "chemtrailing" us to save us from the warming? "They" are forming a NWO and One World Government to save local populations and countries from corrupt local leaders or dictatorships? Corporations aren't evil but causing the "warming" so that all that ice will melt and cure the droughts in many parts of the world and open up more land for agriculture and longer growing seasons and help fight world hunger? And so on. The theories though are always negative....

paladin1991

OH.  That end of the world thing.  Tomorrow.

*looks around*  I thought we had canceled that.

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2015, 07:39:20 AM
Why aren't there ever "good" or "beneficial" conspiracies? Such as they are ramping up and firing CERN to SAVE the earth from the Asteroid/Planet-X by throwing a mini blackhole at it to suck up the asteroid/Planet-X? Or "they" are "chemtrailing" us to save us from the warming? "They" are forming a NWO and One World Government to save local populations and countries from corrupt local leaders or dictatorships? Corporations aren't evil but causing the "warming" so that all that ice will melt and cure the droughts in many parts of the world and open up more land for agriculture and longer growing seasons and help fight world hunger? And so on. The theories though are always negative....

I like your way of thinking sometimes.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 22, 2015, 04:48:10 AM
You forgot to mention the part about releasing the "Strangelets" that will delete existence. :o

starrmtn001

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 22, 2015, 09:34:18 AM

Just as well.  Can't make it anyway.  I'll be "out of town." ;)

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 22, 2015, 01:48:00 PM
You forgot to mention the part about releasing the "Strangelets" that will delete existence. :o

Haha, that's a new one on me.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 22, 2015, 02:13:31 PM
Haha, that's a new one on me.
https://cerntruth.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/119-terrorists-will-start-production-of-strangelets-irony-or-destiny/
(Photo 1) Castor is a detector of strangelets installed at CERN, which denies in public the possibility of producing them, given the enormous dangers for the planet they poise.

(Photo 2) LHC is an accelerator, a type of machine evolved during the cold war to rehearse small nuclear explosions, which could be used by the military as a sampleof future Nuclear Bombs, and by researchers to explore the simplest forms of energy and particles that compose the Universe. After the cold war ended, Russia and America put an end to the astronomical costs of those machine-weapons, but Europe, with the new ‘marketing’ of ‘peaceful use’ (similar to our ‘peace forces’ in ‘humanitarian missions’ in Afghanistan) took the industry of accelerators a step further. The result is the Large Hadron Collider, a 7 teravolt, superconductive, superfluid ‘quark cannon’. which will mass together the densest, most attractive substance of the Universe, quarks, to explore the formation of quark-gluon liquids, the explosives, responsible of cosmic annihilations, such as Novas, Super-novas and perhaps the hypothetical big-bang of the Universe.

onan

You guys are gonna be sorry when the world ends tomorrow. And I will be there to tell you I told you... ummm nvm.

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on September 22, 2015, 03:41:29 PM
You guys are gonna be sorry when the world ends tomorrow. And I will be there to tell you I told you... ummm nvm.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 22, 2015, 01:53:45 PM
Just as well.  Can't make it anyway.  I'll be "out of town." ;)

ponyboysunset

Not that I think the world is gonna end tomorrow and honestly I am sick as hell right now, but really what is CERN gonna say, yes our logo is 666, and why yes we are attempting to bring Satan out of the pits of hell? Lmao! EVen if that were true they aren't going to admit it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on September 22, 2015, 03:41:29 PM
As I said, I'll be "Out Of Town" and this is where I'll be.  You're all invited by the way. ;) ;D

The B-52's - "Love Shack"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs&index=10&list=PLZDGyeSTtYZq3dP5XYUr9O0wzUaTKflP7

I gain confidence because the LHC isn't producing higher energy collisions than are already going on in the atmosphere.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 22, 2015, 03:50:05 PM
Not that I think the world is gonna end tomorrow and honestly I am sick as hell right now, but really what is CERN gonna say, yes our logo is 666, and why yes we are attempting to bring Satan out of the pits of hell? Lmao! EVen if that were true they aren't going to admit it.

Hope you get better soon.

Rix Gins

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 22, 2015, 09:34:18 AM

Ha, paladin...good one.

Hate to say it but I was taken in by an "end of world" scheme.  I was up in Seattle back in 1968 and a fellow claimed that asteroid 1566 Icarus was gonna hit the earth and put an end to things.  It wouldn't do to hide under a mountain but thankfully, the "Space People" would fly down and pluck the chosen few off our doomed planet.  Yeah...i know it sounds silly but I was young at the time and it did sound kind of cool to be rescued by a flying saucer...so I bit.

I remember visiting the dude the day before the asteroid was to hit.  Much as I felt that there might be something to his claim, I summoned up the courage to ask him what he would do if the asteroid missed us.  He grabbed a big box from beneath his bed and it was full of pre-packaged train sets.  "I'm gonna sell these suckers" he said with a smile. 

I wonder if the guy thats taking his wife to hide under Mt. Shasta has a big box of something or other in the trunk of his car?

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 22, 2015, 04:55:05 PM
Yeah...i know it sounds silly but I was young at the time and it did sound kind of cool to be rescued by a flying saucer...so I bit.

I think we've all been there in one way or another.

onan

I thought there was another September 23rd thread. It doesn't really matter since the world ended and I'm dead.

Luckily, I had an OBE so close to my NDE, that my spirit guides met each other and decided to go brand cattle on some mountain.

Quote from: onan on September 23, 2015, 02:08:20 PM
I thought there was another September 23rd thread.

There was but it was only there to make a joke.  I wanted to draw the attention of anyone with legitimate fears about CERN to show them it wasn't doing anything today it hadn't already been doing for months.

wr250

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 23, 2015, 02:15:16 PM
There was but it was only there to make a joke.  I wanted to draw the attention of anyone with legitimate fears about CERN to show them it wasn't doing anything today it hadn't already been doing for months.

jaz has already posted from sept 24, so we are safe from the apocalypse or whatever its called .

starrmtn001

Quote from: wr250 on September 23, 2015, 05:32:18 PM
jaz has already posted from sept 24, so we are safe from the apocalypse or whatever its called .

Wheeeeew! 

Wow.  Think of all the suicides Jaz has prevented.  Praise Jazmunda!

starrmtn001

I thought there was another September 23rd thread. It doesn't really matter since the world ended and I'm dead.

Luckily, I had an OBE so close to my NDE, that my spirit guides met each other and decided to go brand cattle on some mountain.
THAT'S FUNNY! ;D ;D ;D

whoozit

Does anyone know the time were supposed to die?  It's getting pretty late here and I'm still here. It's already the 24th on some parts of the planet.  How do these endings happen?  I assume they start at the international date line and roll across the planet.  Please help me, I'm confused and scared.

starrmtn001

TOP RIGHT CORNER (make it fit)! ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: whoozit on September 23, 2015, 06:24:54 PM
Does anyone know the time were supposed to die?  It's getting pretty late here and I'm still here. It's already the 24th on some parts of the planet.  How do these endings happen?  I assume they start at the international date line and roll across the planet.  Please help me, I'm confused and scared.
Just relax dude. If it's not the end of the world it's not like it's the end of the world.

GravitySucks

I am pretty sure that when I remote viewed it tomorrow, the world didn't end today.

zeebo

The world did end, but was replaced instantly by an exact duplicate, except in this one Jaz is an Aussie, not a Kiwi.