• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Teases News on Monday that will be "Shocking for Some." Any Guesses?

Started by demosthenes131, September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
Here we go again reacting to meaningless kryptic language.  Just tell us or don't tell us.  Speculation screws with people and turns some people off.  What is gained by setting announcements up like this?  Confusion, rumors, impatience... Need I go on?   I am more interested in just enjoying the product rather than being set up to think the worst...the best?

THIS. I don't like cliffhangers or mind games. Lame.

Art is switching to four nights a week and MV or Bateman or Jaz or "Michelle from Japan" (or whatever her name is) or JOHN B. WELLS will take the Friday night spot. That's my last guess. Maybe.

I got an email from a friend that said, "OMG THAT BASTARD ART BELL IS QUITTING AGAIN!" See what he's done? Causing hysteria all over the damn place.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 19, 2015, 08:57:40 AM
THIS. I don't like cliffhanger or mind games. Lame.

Art is switching to four nights a week and MV or Bateman or Jaz or "Michelle from Japan" (or whatever her name is) or JOHN B. WELLS will take the Friday night spot. That's my last guess. Maybe.

I got an email from a friend that said, "OMG THAT BASTARD ART BELL IS QUITTING AGAIN!" See what he's done? Causing hysteria all over the damn place.

The problem is that Art will never know the number of people this weekend who will simply take this pending announcement as another build-up to retirement and stop listening, or stop paying for stream access.  Markets need stability, and we keep him in business.

My magic 8 ball says "try again later" so I'll speculate.

The clues:
The show is going to the next level, some people will hate the change and you should subscribe now as time traveler.

My guess:
The next level means the show is expanding to seven nights/week. Some people will hate this since Art will cut back to just four nights/week. Subscribe now before the cost goes up to cover the extra nights of broadcasting.

Who

Art's going to announce that Dave Noory has been fired from C2C and that he's hired Dave to wash his car and do general gardening.  He'll live in a tool shed about 500 yards behind Art's house.  As part of his contract Dave may only speak when spoken to and must wear a clown suit.

FallenSeraph

If it's anything remotely grim, George will come in here and rub it in all over the thread like he did last time.

Which was kind of amusing, actually.

(HI, GEORGE!  ;D )

eddie dean

Quote from: Who on September 19, 2015, 09:30:36 AM
Art's going to announce that Dave Noory has been fired from C2C and that he's hired Dave to wash his car and do general gardening.  He'll live in a tool shed about 500 yards behind Art's house.  As part of his contract Dave may only speak when spoken to and must wear a clown suit.

Haha.
Don't forget, Dave is forbidden to make eye contact. Also, when Dave is allowed to speak, he must do it in a heavy Cockney accent and end each phrase with 'governor'  (Guv-Nah)  ;D

gx2music

Quote from: demosthenes131 on September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
From here: https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51/posts/433079543547874

RCH leaving dark matter network is my guess. 
That would be an utter tragedy - RCH's post Art after show is an utter blast , even though I'm a complete skeptic on his torsion field / alien ruins stuff. 

As a host rather than a guest RCH has been a surprising win for DMN. 

No no no. You have it all wrong.

Hilly Rose is going to take over weekend. Mike Seigel will take regular hosting duties. I hear a kid in St.Louis called the Nighthawk will be filling in.

::)

munbeam666

Quote from: Who on September 19, 2015, 09:30:36 AM
That tool shed better have air conditioning and heat, as its out in the fricken desert

GravitySucks

Art is signing up with a terrestial syndicate and will have to agree to more commercials.

That's my guess. Better than cutting back on nights ir retiring as some have conjectured.

AppealPlay

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 19, 2015, 11:32:00 AM
Art is signing up with a terrestial syndicate and will have to agree to more commercials.

That's my guess. Better than cutting back on nights ir retiring as some have conjectured.

I don't think most of us would care if there were a few more commercials.

pyewacket

I can add little to the speculations here but I have enjoyed reading them. Cheers, you clever rascals!

I can say that I'm tired of drama. We hear implied doom or hints of great changes all the time- in politics, government actions, entertainment/news media (hard to tell them apart these days), religious leaders, scientists, and on and on. If Art would like to differentiate himself from the crowd of boobs (I'm not talking about mammaries) why not treat us like adults and just make the announcement. I don't know, maybe respect us enough to do that. It would be a refreshing revolutionary approach.

Aside from that, I agree that Art would not be setting up a new expanded fan page on FB if it was negative news. If he needs to revamp the show/network to spend more time with his family I'm all for it. More chance of Art staying with the show. He has many talented people who would step up and help build a bigger more varied show. This could be more positive than we can imagine. That's my take anyway and I'm not going to worry my weekend away.  ;)

inuk2600

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 19, 2015, 11:32:00 AM

That's my guess.

That must be it. We know he already turned down at least one big offer from a station or network because they wanted more advertising time in the show. It's not like these offers are going to stop, so maybe they offered a deal that was good enough that it justifies compromising some show time for more ads - but he knows it will upset some. I don't really care if there is a bit more commercial time since the breaks are barely long enough to run to the washroom and back as it is now.

chefist

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 19, 2015, 12:47:08 PM
That must be it. We know he already turned down at least one big offer from a station or network because they wanted more advertising time in the show. It's not like these offers are going to stop, so maybe they offered a deal that was good enough that it justifies compromising some show time for more ads - but he knows it will upset some. I don't really care if there is a bit more commercial time since the breaks are barely long enough to run to the washroom and back as it is now.

I'm with you on this...especially the big news that there is going to be an announcement about a 200 station merge starting Monday... That was from Leo Ashcraft's Facebook...

Miranda

Quote from: chefist on September 19, 2015, 01:05:00 PM
I'm with you on this...especially the big news that there is going to be an announcement about a 200 station merge starting Monday... That was from Leo Ashcraft's Facebook...

Also from Leo Ashcraft's Facebook:

Leo Ashcraft Thanks guys - but not to be confused here - Mutual has nothing to do with Art Bell or Dark Matter News. - There is a big announcement coming for Dark Matter News as well as Art Bell coming next week too, Unrelated happenings however. Just serendipitous timing.  :)

Whatever the big news is, it seems like it's an overall positive development for the show, but perhaps with some drawbacks that some won't be happy with.

norland2424

Quote from: gx2music on September 19, 2015, 10:07:13 AM
RCH leaving dark matter network is my guess. 
That would be an utter tragedy - RCH's post Art after show is an utter blast , even though I'm a complete skeptic on his torsion field / alien ruins stuff. 

As a host rather than a guest RCH has been a surprising win for DMN.

I dont think it has to do with rch, since they just created a new official youtube page for his show.

Meh. Not big on cliffhangers or mysterious pronouncements, but I don't think this is going to be a negative announcement given the new professional FB page and hints about something big happening in the next few weeks.

I suspect the show is cutting into family time so Art may be planning to go to 4 hours, 3 to 4 nights a week with someone selected as the host for the other one or two days. And that person, whomever it is, may evolve into the permanent host when the day comes that Art decides to hand over the reins. Right now, it's on the job training. And if Art is paying another salary, then perhaps the TT rates will have to be increased again, so it makes sense to get in now before they do.

As for the shock and perhaps anger he's hinting at, maybe it's the selection of a new host for those two days, perhaps given past experience. Look at the bright side - it won't be Dave. For all we know, it could be RCH.  But we'll all know on Monday and I'm not losing any sleep over it. I very much doubt the show is going away any time soon.

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 19, 2015, 08:57:40 AMArt is switching to four nights a week and MV or Bateman or Jaz or "Michelle from Japan" (or whatever her name is) or JOHN B. WELLS will take the Friday night spot. That's my last guess. Maybe.

On that note, actually wouldn't mind hearing more from Charlie in Thailand.   

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 19, 2015, 11:36:03 AM
I don't think most of us would care if there were a few more commercials.
I wouldn't.  I wouldn't care if there was no bumper music.  The podcasts don't have it anyway.  I wouldn't care if the streaming wasn't free.  These are all things Art wants.  I wouldn't care if Art went to only 4 nights a week, either.

So what exactly is it most of us would be angry about?  One thing that doesn't make me happy is this constant teasing.  I feel like I'm dating a prima donna teenager. ::)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2015, 02:35:54 PM
I wouldn't.  I wouldn't care if there was no bumper music.  The podcasts don't have it anyway.  I wouldn't care if the streaming wasn't free.  These are all things Art wants.  I wouldn't care if Art went to only 4 nights a week, either.

So what exactly is it most of us would be angry about?  One thing that doesn't make me happy is this constant teasing.  I feel like I'm dating a prima donna teenager. ::)

I concur. Art doesn't owe me anything, I just like listening to his show. However way he does that is fine with me. Now Hoagland, that's a different matter altogether. I want 3 hours. And a live hair cam.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 19, 2015, 02:47:19 PM
I concur. Art doesn't owe me anything, I just like listening to his show. However way he does that is fine with me. Now Hoagland, that's a different matter altogether. I want 3 hours. And a live hair cam.

Hoagie rules!  Hail Hoagie!  Bless the Holy Hair!

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2015, 02:35:54 PM

4 nights a week with a guest host on Friday (or even a replay, I guess...meh) would be fine.  I would be bummed if he switched to weekends only, though...or god forbid quit again.

I'm really curious what Art is on about and why he's so cloak and dagger about it.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 19, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

...I'm really curious what Art is on about and why he's so cloak and dagger about it.
I'll have to admit I'm not as curious as I use to be.  I'm pretty much burned out with the intrigue stuff.  Art's going to do what Art's going to do.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2015, 03:22:10 PM
I'll have to admit I'm not as curious as I use to be.  I'm pretty much burned out with the intrigue stuff.  Art's going to do what Art's going to do.

It is very tiring. :-\

ItsOver

I tune into Art for the show.  Not a sideshow.  If I wanted a soap opera, I'd watch daytime TV.

Dave Noorie

He's gong to start playing gangsta rap for bumper music. Some might hate him for it.

Designx

Would be funny if Art says on Monday that he's been broadcasting from the Philippines (or some other location) the whole time.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dave Noorie on September 19, 2015, 03:37:53 PM
He's gong to start playing gangsta rap for bumper music. Some might hate him for it.
Ha!  Reminds me of one the early MITD show when some kind of Rihanna thing popped-up. 

I'm going for Hip Hop.  Straight Outta Pahrump.

Morgus

Art just posted in the main bellgab "Art Bell" thread:
"Relax, I am not going to Retire. But it is a big move we are making to take the show to a new level."