• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Samsung Galaxy S series problem...

Started by Caruthers612, September 11, 2015, 01:50:56 PM

Caruthers612

OK, I have posted about this in both Android Central and official or major Samsung forums, and many users expressed their agreement with my frustration with the issue I'm going to describe, but no one has had a solution that I've seen. I hope someone here does.

I've owned several Galaxy S series phones and love them all, but there is a feature which causes a warning to pop up whenever you hit the volume Up button after either plugging in headphones or connecting to a Bluetooth speaker. The warning says "Listening to music at high volume can damage your hearing, blah blah blah" I have never found any way to disable this feature, which is very annoying and persistent. Does anyone know a way? If it involves scripting and such, I don't know how to do that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Caruthers612 on September 11, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
        OK, I have posted about this in both Android Central and official or major Samsung forums, and many users expressed their agreement with my frustration with the issue I'm going to describe, but no one has had a solution that I've seen. I hope someone here does.

I've owned several Galaxy S series phones and love them all, but there is a feature which causes a warning to pop up whenever you hit the volume Up button after either plugging in headphones or connecting to a Bluetooth speaker. The warning says "Listening to music at high volume can damage your hearing, blah blah blah" I have never found any way to disable this feature, which is very annoying and persistent. Does anyone know a way? If it involves scripting and such, I don't know how to do that.

Pardon? I can't hear you, I had my volume up too loud on my headphones.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 11, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

Pardon? I can't hear you, I had my volume up too loud on my headphones.

See, that was a witticism. I recognize it by its cunning.

Designx

Quote from: Caruthers612 on September 11, 2015, 01:50:56 PM

I have the same problem with my LG G3 when I line-in to my car or use headphones. I have not found a way to turn off the warning. Thankfully I'm getting rid of this piece of crap phone.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Designx on September 11, 2015, 06:45:38 PM
I have the same problem with my LG G3 when I line-in to my car or use headphones. I have not found a way to turn off the warning. Thankfully I'm getting rid of this piece of crap phone.

Yes, the line-in to my car is another instance in which this happens. What you mention about your phone being an LG, as opposed to my Samsung, suggests a possibility I've considered all along, namely that the reason this annoying warning screen cannot be disable is that it exists in order to comply with some government regulation, in which case all manufacturers would have to go along with it. Another possibility, far more likely, is that it is a pre-emptive measure intended to stave off class action lawsuits. God knows we're all hassled nowadays by example of this, like having to take our cars in to the dealer every ten minutes because of endless recalls--all because a bunch of choad-gobbing ass monkeys want to get rich quick via bogus lawsuits. Off with their heads.