• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Joe Biden 2020

Started by maren, September 11, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 20, 2021, 04:13:51 PM
Psychokinetic shielding.

Did you call that hoorish friend and mock her with a rescue tale?

No idea what you’re talking about, as usual. ::)

Cheer up, Keanu!

ItsOver

“Texas came within "seconds or minutes" of a major power outage that risked badly damaging the network and leaving areas without heating and electricity for months, says the head of the state's power grid operator.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/texas-power-grid-came-within-seconds-of-catastrophic-failure-ercot-officials-say/ar-BB1dPeMx

This entire power cluster fuck in Texas should serve as a wake up call for what happens with anything close to a grid failure.  Roughly, half the households in Texas were without power, anywhere from hours to days, but still less than a week.   The ripple effect caused extensive damage from things such as busted pipes, then loss of water supply, lack of gasoline, since pumps don’t work, food shortages... now just imagine this for months.  An EMP attack would indeed be beyond devastating.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 20, 2021, 03:42:48 PM
Ha I just watched that dude last night. Love his stuff on the old Commodores.

Yeah, if you’re trying to restore a computer from the 80s (or earlier) he’s your guy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 05:15:11 PM
“Texas came within "seconds or minutes" of a major power outage that risked badly damaging the network and leaving areas without heating and electricity for months, says the head of the state's power grid operator.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/texas-power-grid-came-within-seconds-of-catastrophic-failure-ercot-officials-say/ar-BB1dPeMx

This entire power cluster fuck in Texas should serve as a wake up call for what happens with anything close to a grid failure.  Roughly, half the households in Texas were without power, anywhere from hours to days, but still less than a week.   The ripple effect caused extensive damage from things such as busted pipes, then loss of water supply, lack of gasoline, since pumps don’t work, food shortages... now just imagine this for months.  An EMP attack would indeed be beyond devastating.

Don’t you think this intentional because of Texas’ independent spirit? Don’t you think they’re just trying to break you so you’ll comply?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2021, 05:22:03 PM
Don’t you think this intentional because of Texas’ independent spirit? Don’t you think they’re just trying to break you so you’ll comply?

It was antifa.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 20, 2021, 05:28:00 PM
It was antifa.

Those beanpoles?! They’d never survive the cold.

whoozit

You need to do some reading and research about ERCOT.

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2021, 05:55:39 PM

Isn't there a video?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2021, 05:55:39 PM

Why don’t you just tell me what you think of them?

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 20, 2021, 06:00:18 PM
Isn't there a video?
The ENRON video would be a good primer.

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2021, 06:00:55 PM
Why don’t you just tell me what you think of them?
It is so much more rewarding when you think for yourself.  Any more than pointing you to a topic could sway your opinion.  I’m not the MSM.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2021, 06:03:01 PM
It is so much more rewarding when you think for yourself.  Any more than pointing you to a topic could sway your opinion.  I’m not the MSM.

No problem. It just seemed like you had something on your mind. Sometimes talking about it can help and that’s what I’m here for. ;)

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2021, 06:10:09 PM
No problem. It just seemed like you had something on your mind. Sometimes talking about it can help and that’s what I’m here for. ;)
It seems the crisis may have come about due to wholesale electric prices jumping above a cap of $9000 per megawatt hour which stopped ERCOT from being able to make a profit. This at least contributed to the length of the crisis.

ItsOver

Heh, that thought did cross my mind. If I recall correctly, 1/3 of the ERCOT honchos don’t even live in Texas.  Heck, I believe one is even in Germany.  At best, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are of same ivory tower ilk as the beltway elite.

That said, the state guberment has known for years the power generation setup has a number of deficiencies when it comes to being able to operate for long in sub freezing temperatures.  Then throw in the wind turbines and solar panels that weren’t capable of being operated under the weather conditions, just to make things worse.  Was renewable the entire problem?  No, I don’t believe so, but with current battery technology, it’s just not a reliable continuous, on-demand power source.   There will be cloudy days and too little wind or too much.  Fossil fuels, by their inherent nature, can be used to generate power reliably upon demand, when the generation system is setup properly, as in “hardened” for winter operations.

It’s just less expensive to operate a less robust system until the crap hits the fan and it goes outside of it’s intended parameters.  Then it becomes a penny wise, pound foolish type situation.  This disaster is going to be in the billions.  Winter weather this radical doesn’t happen in most of Texas that often but it does happen.  The power system, as is, wasn’t setup to handle the possible extreme.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2021, 06:22:00 PM
It seems the crisis may have come about due to wholesale electric prices jumping above a cap of $9000 per megawatt hour which stopped ERCOT from being able to make a profit. This at least contributed to the length of the crisis.

So, they just left you in the dark because they weren’t making enough at the moment?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2021, 06:23:49 PM
So, they just left you in the dark because they weren’t making enough at the moment?
The Guv did issue an order to stop the sale of natural gas out of state, which kind of implies the higher prices were luring NG to higher out of state bidders.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/abbott-issues-order-halting-export-of-natural-gas

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2021, 06:23:49 PM
ERCOT is not really a utility.  At its heart it is a trading board for electricity.  Why buy and supply electricity at a loss?  Was it the cause of the fiasco?  No, but it could certainly explain why it took so long to rectify the situation.  I don’t live in Texas, I just picked up some info and have been doing some research.  Don’t fall for the MSM and the story this is because of embracing/rejecting green energy.  That is the misdirection to what is really happening.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 06:23:49 PM
Heh, that thought did cross my mind. If I recall correctly, 1/3 of the ERCOT honchos don’t even live in Texas.  Heck, I believe one is even in Germany.  At best, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are of same ivory tower ilk as the beltway elite.

That said, the state guberment has known for years the power generation setup has a number of deficiencies when it comes to being able to operate for long in sub freezing temperatures.  Then throw in the wind turbines and solar panels that weren’t capable of being operated under the weather conditions, just to make things worse.  Was renewable the entire problem?  No, I don’t believe so, but with current battery technology, it’s just not a reliable continuous, on-demand power source.   There will be cloudy days and too little wind or too much.  Fossil fuels, by their inherent nature, can be used to generate power reliably upon demand, when the generation system is setup properly, as in “hardened” for winter operations.

It’s just less expensive to operate a less robust system until the crap hits the fan and it goes outside of it’s intended parameters.  Then it becomes a penny wise, pound foolish type situation.  This disaster is going to be in the billions.  Winter weather this radical doesn’t happen in most of Texas that often but it does happen.  The power system, as is, wasn’t setup to handle the possible extreme.
Locally we  'invested' in Green but then don't even use it! We also tried divest in proven, and cheaper, tech like nuclear or coal. And gas is the cheapest and reliable but we want wind and solar. I'm all for all options but not pricey ones that don't work. I don't like that 'they' are going to use this event to bring in more Green, more costs, and more interconnections to other grids- so that the next hack or major weather event will take everyone down. 

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/austins-biomass-power-plant-sat-idle-during-texas-winter-energy-crisis/

Just a few years ago they claimed cold weather HELPED:

https://www.kxan.com/news/new-record-set-for-most-wind-power-used-in-texas/

KLBJ had some good callers this week -besides angry, cold people- one of whom was on the board,or advising them, when they 'divested' and said that no engineers were involved and 'it was all politics.' He was funny and should be on C2C because he kept saying "but I'm an engineer, I look at the data and reality." Having said that I also don't like the total privatization of utilities and the profiteering, for out of State or any people. Like the ENRON of infamy in Cali years ago.

K_Dubb

Here doc I found you a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFKhfV5Uso

QuoteFor any of this to make sense, it must be understood that Texas has a power grid comprised of 95% fossil fuel and nuclear sources. And yet somehow, in the minds of the chuds and Republicans, those wind farms are the reason that Texas’ extremely libertarian grid cannot function in a winter storm.

ItsOver

Here’s what ERCOT says is the power source breakdown.

“An ERCOT report on generating capacity listed the top sources of power in the state:

Natural gas (51%)
Wind (24.8%)
Coal (13.4%)
Nuclear (4.9%)
Solar (3.8%)
Hydro, biomass-fired units (1.9%)”

Gov. Abbott actually received an award for Texas and it’s wind turbines.  Again, though, from multiple sources it just wasn’t problems with wind turbines.  Even the Nuke power in South Texas was down for awhile.  Problems crossed the board, apparently, which indicates a management failure, no doubt both political and business-wise, when the “perfect storm” inevitably arrived.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 07:20:41 PM
Here’s what ERCOT says is the power source breakdown.

“An ERCOT report on generating capacity listed the top sources of power in the state:

Natural gas (51%)
Wind (24.8%)
Coal (13.4%)
Nuclear (4.9%)
Solar (3.8%)
Hydro, biomass-fired units (1.9%)

Gov. Abbott actually received an award for Texas and it’s wind turbines.  Again, though, from multiple sources it just wasn’t problems with wind turbines.  Problems crossed the board, apparently, which indicates a management failure, no doubt both political and business-wise, when the “perfect storm” inevitably arrived.
LCRA was pumping it out but this is strange about South Texas Nuclear Power Station having to shut down one reactor because not 'winterized.' And the boondoogle Green 'pulp' plant we invested in just never used, or works, in winter time, for some reason, as I mentioned in the above article.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 20, 2021, 07:24:11 PM
LCRA was pumping it out but this is strange about South Texas Nuclear Power Station having to shut down one reactor because not 'winterized.' And the boondoogle Green 'pulp' plant we invested in just never used, or works, in winter time, for some reason, as I mentioned in the above article.

”Loss of feed water pumps,” I was wondering why the S. Texas nuke site was having problems. 

ItsOver

What’s so ironic is with Texas setting on so much in the way of power sources and then having this disaster occur.  Like a local radio pundit was saying, it’s like being in a grocery store and starving to death.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 07:35:36 PM
What’s so ironic is with Texas setting on so much in the way of power sources and then having this disaster occur.  Like a local radio pundit was saying, it’s like being in a grocery store and starving to death.
Look at Venezuela. Largest proven reserves and they can't even get gasoline for ambulances sometimes. 

Regulations, leftists, profiteering, lack of oversight, Green scams, out of State actors, too lean supply chains, taxes and subsidies, over population coming from elsewhere, and once in a lifetime 'weather event(s)'   We shouldn't change wholesale policies on a reaction for a one week event, but neither just write it off as "well, only once in a hundred years and so that is over." Or worse some "blue ribbon commission" of political appointees and interested parties to come up with some ideas, never acted upon any way, but wastes money on consultants and luxurious lunches.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 20, 2021, 07:46:47 PM
Look at Venezuela. Largest proven reserves and they can't even get gasoline for ambulances sometimes. 

Regulations, leftists, profiteering, lack of oversight, Green scams, out of State actors, too lean supply chains, taxes and subsidies, over population coming from elsewhere, and once in a lifetime 'weather event(s)'   We shouldn't change wholesale policies on a reaction for a one week event, but neither just write it off as "well, only once in a hundred years and so that is over." Or worse some "blue ribbon commission" of political appointees and interested parties to come up with some ideas, never acted upon any way, but wastes money on consultants and luxurious lunches.
Yep.  I’m just glad I have my well-stocked bunker with fireplace. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 07:56:10 PM
Yep.  I’m just glad I have my well-stocked bunker with fireplace. ;)

Enjoy, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Fm3rLGtjM

Asuka Langley

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2021, 07:35:36 PM

Seems to be blacks and liberals who are having a hard time with a little snow, Shikata ga nai.

K_Dubb

QuoteA fundamental flaw in the freewheeling Texas electricity market left millions powerless and freezing in the dark this week during a historic cold snap.

The core problem: Power providers can reap rewards by supplying electricity to Texas customers, but they aren’t required to do it and face no penalties for failing to deliver during a lengthy emergency.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-freeze-power-grid-failure-electricity-market-incentives-11613777856#:~:text=The%20unit's%20water%20supply%20froze,officials%20and%20the%20plant's%20operator.&text=Natural%20gas%20pipelines%20froze%20at,froze%20under%20coats%20of%20ice.

Note the shift:  now that blaming windmills isn't cutting it and it's clear they just didn't want to operate at a significant loss, the prepper types make like it's no big deal, a test of manly fortitude.  Keep jiving you turkeys hahaha

K_Dubb

It's brutal out there, not even the dogs are safe:

QuoteKelly seems to believe that Champ doesn’t measure up to Buddy, former President Bill Clinton’s dog or Millie, former President George H.W. Bush’s dog. He never mentioned former President Barack Obama’s dogs nor opine on what he thought of Biden’s other dog, Major, who is the first rescue dog to live in the White House. “I remember Buddy. I remember Millie. I remember lots of dogs but not a dog who seemsâ€"I don’t know. I don’t know how much love and care he is getting,” Kelly said. “This dog looks like, I’m sorry, from the junkyard.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/newsmax-host-attacks-biden-dog-champ-junkyard.html