• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150827 - Dr. Ron Klatz, Anti Aging - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 27, 2015, 09:33:05 PM

Spinner

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 28, 2015, 12:12:52 AM
I smoke so I was interested in what he said about natural tobacco. Gonna have to look into that.
Real (natural tobacco) has many medicinal properties. Research on PubMed or simply google "smoking is good for you." DO NOT confuse it with most cigarettes sold commercially by "big tobacco" (damn them!)

Art's statement just now to the guest saying, "that was kind of an answer" to a caller's question shows that even he is growing tired of the guest's non-answers.  Call him on it Art!

Herbn-Legend

Natural tobacco eazily available iz AMERICAN SPIRIT NATURAL TOBACCO. 100% additive free. Ther iz also organic tobacco

chefist

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 28, 2015, 12:16:42 AM
Geezus. Asshat. GMOs are safe . . . .

Monsanto successfully sued a local farmer with heirloom crops that had them cross pollinated with patented GMO's...that farmer had to destroy his crop and was put out of business...he HAD to buy from Monsanto if he wanted to survive..it's just a form of monopoly...

Oh, and the seeds of GMO that are sold to farmers CANNOT be used as seed crop...they are STERILE...you have to buy the seed crop from Monsanto each year! GMO were just a form of razor blade economics...

Dr_Blue

I'm out. Backs aching...maybe I wont live forever...  nite all

???

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: phrodo on August 28, 2015, 12:19:31 AM
Dayum .. I remember back in the day an OZ of Columbian Gold was $30 ... $220 for that?? Again .. dayuuuum!!!
i wish i coud get $220😔😀 big island A grade $100-150oz🙅 uzed to b $400oz

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Dr_Blue on August 28, 2015, 12:21:24 AM
I'm out. Backs aching...maybe I wont live forever...  nite all

???

Goodnight!  Nothing wrong with sleep!  If anything we should probably all get a little more of it.

Quote from: nbirnes on August 28, 2015, 12:17:31 AM
As few carbs a day as possible; good fats, good protein, veggies. Here's a place where you can find a really good forum for all kinds of questions. Dave Aspey also has excellent podcasts with great doctors, hackers, speakers.

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2015, 12:16:23 AM
I could only imagine smoking a natural leaf like a cigar would be better than a cigarette soaked with chemicals...
A different deal and unless you are in rural areas, the South, Scandinavian or play ball it might not suit your style but smokeless tobacco is the way to go (at least according to some studies.) Not 100% safe but "safer?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_%28tobacco%29
ps: I would avoid the US brands and buy the Swedish stuff, or natural chewing tobacco found in some states, if you want to go this way. US companies apparently add stuff to it and "burn" it in making which might increase problems. There are places online or even in the States to buy the Swedish snuff, which is actually pretty "clean." With regard to nasal snuff I found a great place in London with custom flavors but the mentholated stuff more popular can be found in most tobacconists.

WhiteCrow

Is it just me .... Did anyone else notice that Art has bumper music list that is like only 10 tunes.
He played a larger selection on C2C and SXM.... just sayin, maybe Art needs some youth meds from Dr Klatz ;)

Bradsmith313

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2015, 12:21:12 AM
Monsanto successfully sued a local farmer with heirloom crops that had them cross pollinated with patented GMO's...that farmer had to destroy his crop and was put out of business...he HAD to buy from Monsanto if he wanted to survive..it's just a form of monopoly...

Oh, and the seeds of GMO that are sold to farmers CANNOT be used as seed crop...they are STERILE...you have to buy the seed crop from Monsanto each year! GMO were just a form of razor blade economics...
Monsanto isn't behind everything.
Last year, I interviewed Mark Lynas, who was once one of the biggest anti-GMO advocates in Europe. He's changed his mind, saying the the anti-GMO science is flawed and wrong.

Herbn-Legend

big island hawaii 1st place to ban GMOz.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 28, 2015, 12:20:11 AM
That's beautiful man, is that a drip table? I love gardening so much. I am so fascinated with it. Arizona has such a killer sun cycle and environment for gardening.

People have been telling me about juicing forever but I know next to nothing about it. I do like fasting for health and think it makes the body feel a lot better.

Yes I have to water 4 times a day, 10 min a cycle in the summer...but not this summer! Huge monsoons rains! We've been lucky! Fasting is a good thing actually! We have plenty of calories and giving our bodies a break is a good thing! IMO...

My bachelors is in Medical Science Chemistry...so I have always found this stuff interesting...the Doc ducked my questions! LOL  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Designx on August 28, 2015, 12:18:13 AM
You're still sucking smoke into your lungs. My parents roll thier own from natural tobacco and they still are  on the road to all the smoking diseases and death. My father sounds like Darth Vader.

Probably so, probably also with pot smoking. Sad thing is, at this point, this is all just a question of what infirmities and diseases you want to deal with in old age. If you live a perfectly healthy life and contract Alzheimer's then you drool for 25 years.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Spinner on August 28, 2015, 12:20:23 AM
Real (natural tobacco) has many medicinal properties. Research on PubMed or simply google "smoking is good for you." DO NOT confuse it with most cigarettes sold commercially by "big tobacco" (damn them!)
i used to gather native tobacco in Az. Made a tincture with it. Can't remember what for right now.....

Spinner

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 28, 2015, 12:20:33 AM
Natural tobacco eazily available iz AMERICAN SPIRIT NATURAL TOBACCO. 100% additive free. Ther iz also organic tobacco
Beware of American Spirit. The company has been bought by big tobacco, so no guarantee their products are still pure.
I smoke "Blue Grass" little cigars.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 28, 2015, 12:23:37 AM
Is it just me .... Did anyone else notice that Art has bumper music list that is like only 10 tunes.
He played a larger selection on C2C and SXM.... just sayin, maybe Art needs some youth meds from Dr Klatz ;)

We need to get him high and bring him to a Kasabian concert.   :)

albrecht

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 28, 2015, 12:24:33 AM
i used to gather native tobacco in Az. Made a tincture with it. Can't remember what for right now.....
pesticide?

chefist

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 28, 2015, 12:24:04 AM
Monsanto isn't behind everything.
Last year, I interviewed Mark Lynas, who was once one of the biggest anti-GMO advocates in Europe. He's changed his mind, saying the the anti-GMO science is flawed and wrong.

I'm not talking about health...just the facts about the business side of the patent weapons and the litigious nature of the industry, as well as the sterility of the seeds...those are facts...

WanagoBleu

'razor blade economics.' Great description.

the_peeve

But how is natural tobacco staged? that's the dangerous time when the leaves are treated in barns. Some practices are linked to cancer

TigerLily

I dunno. This guy is accelerating the aging process for me just by waiting for straightforward answers . And I haven't been here all night.  How are you other geezers feeling?

Designx

Smoker's lungs are some of the most radioactive things you could be around. Radioactivity occurs naturally in tobacco compounds and is considered a huge factor in the cause of lung cancer.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: TigerLily on August 28, 2015, 12:27:15 AM
I dunno. This guy is accelerating the aging process for me just by waiting for straightforward answers . And I haven't been here all night.  How are you other geezers feeling?

The night's getting older.