• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

DOW Jones Industrial Average Collapsing?

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, August 24, 2015, 12:54:17 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 24, 2015, 12:54:17 PM
Ruh roh.

Hmmm, China is all at sea and the speculators are all jittery. Rolls Royce and Bentley sales are in decline; it's a worry.

aldousburbank

No worry fellas. The software will fix this. It always does. Bye low, sell really high.

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 24, 2015, 01:00:10 PM
No worry fellas. The software will fix this. It always does. Bye low, sell really high.

I think I've had it backwards all this time.

albrecht

Gee, the prepper culture is now going mainstream?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/stock-up-on-canned-food-for-stock-market-crash-warns-former-gordon-brown-advisor-10469509.html
"A former adviser to Gordon Brown has urged people to stock up on canned goods and bottled water as stock markets around the world slide."

-actually though this is a good idea in any case, especially if you live in an area prone to wild-fires, blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc when in moderation. Somehow I don't see the folks Mr.McBride consorts with stocking up on these things....unless it is tinned caviar, bottles of DP, scotch, and imported mineral water bought by their household staff for them to horde.

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on August 24, 2015, 01:04:01 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/stock-up-on-canned-food-for-stock-market-crash-warns-former-gordon-brown-advisor-10469509.html
"A former adviser to Gordon Brown has urged people to stock up on canned goods and bottled water as stock markets around the world slide."

-actually though this is a good idea in any case, especially if you live in an area prone to wild-fires, blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc when in moderation. Somehow I don't see the folks Mr.McBride consorts with stocking up on these things....unless it is tinned caviar, bottles of DP, scotch, and imported mineral water bought by their household staff for them to horde.
What are the women like in your FEMA Region?

Eddie Coyle

August 12, 1982. The Dow closes at 777.

Maybe we can reach that by Labor Day.

eddie dean

It can't be the end of the world, it's not Spetember 23 yet.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 24, 2015, 01:04:01 PM

Hmmm; I wonder if he was the same advisor who recommended that Brown sell off our gold reserves when he was chancellor of the exchequer? If so; he's not right bright in the advisory capacity. And Brown was the Prime Minister in 2008, Alistair Darling (yes really) was the C of the E and oversaw the bank bailouts.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 24, 2015, 02:21:18 PM

Hmmm; I wonder if he was the same advisor who recommended that Brown sell off our gold reserves when he was chancellor of the exchequer? If so; he's not right bright in the advisory capacity. And Brown was the Prime Minister in 2008, Alistair Darling (yes really) was the C of the E and oversaw the bank bailouts.
Worse than selling them off he telegraphed the news he was going to sell in advance of the sale to the market, causing the price to go down, and used an auction system that further lowered the price- so you didn't even get as much as you could've for them!

Apparently this wasn't a "stupid" (or better put "inadvertent" or "mistaken") plan but a scheme to make the price lower as a sort of banker-bailout or bank-support plan.)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/thomaspascoe/100018367/revealed-why-gordon-brown-sold-britains-gold-at-a-knock-down-price/