• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150820 - Barbara McBeath & Brendan Cook, EVP - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 20, 2015, 09:22:49 PM

jazmunda

Night all. Was fun live chatting again after an extended break. I'll be back full time soon.

AL5J

Quote from: Seraphim27 on August 21, 2015, 12:55:02 AM
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who entertains myself by asking Siri random questions.

And HEY, Art's using an iPhone!

Ask Siri what is the air speed of a swollow (said Monty Python)

boxman

Ahahah
Edit: that was response to hoagland... was supposed to go into that thread

Weirdoradio

I ended up leaving a function and missing the last bus to the neighbourhood I live in. It started raining hard. Put on the headphones and am greeted with a Stream Guys link and then... straight into an EVP. What a pleasant, yet horrifying surprise. Walking home for an hour, drenched and somewhat freaked out.

That's one way to spend the end of the evening.

KMKMKM

ItsOver

Great, great show, Art.  Really glad you're having GIS back before Halloween.  Can't imagine anything more appropriate.  Maybe I'll be less freaked out by then. :o

Quote from: trostol on August 20, 2015, 10:35:55 PM
pro xpn sounds like a pro piracy company lol

Most VPN services are.  It's what makes them the most money, ironically enough.

ZomZom

Better show than most but worse than most GIS shows.  Their phone/phone line was subpar and they seemed pretty unenthused, especially the first hour.  It almost sounded to me as if they had just had an argument right before the show started.

Maybe for the Halloween show Art should send them quality landline phones and some French roast?

onan

Quote from: ZomZom on August 21, 2015, 08:33:25 AM
Better show than most but worse than most GIS shows.  Their phone/phone line was subpar and they seemed pretty unenthused, especially the first hour.  It almost sounded to me as if they had just had an argument right before the show started.

Maybe for the Halloween show Art should send them quality landline phones and some French roast?

Haven't listened yet. Barbara always seems reluctant to converse and warms up over several minutes. I agree, though, many times I have sensed some awkwardness as they converse.

MV/Liberace!

i didn't hear them address the chunga thing.  i wish they had.  it was a huge elephant in the room during the whole show.

chefist

Quote from: MV on August 21, 2015, 01:04:02 PM
i didn't hear them address the chunga thing.  i wish they had.  it was a huge elephant in the room during the whole show.

Art said that on behalf of himself and his audience that they were all excited that Barbara was back...the tone in which he said it made it pretty clear it was a reference to Chunga... 8)

The General

Quote from: MV on August 21, 2015, 01:04:02 PM

Eh, it was no big deal.  Better to just forget about it.
Barbara mentioned a "Jimmy" a few times.  That's our boy Chunga.
You did get a shout out from a caller though.

EvB

DAMN!  Had a lot on my mind and didn't check on the topic for Thursday. Would love to have heard this live and tried to call in. Oh well, listening t the replay now. 

I love GIS and info on EVPs in general, but always consider this human tendency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97o1dN4KvA

Herbn-Legend

Washington wild firez my property there iz under level 2 evacuation. I own 2200 acrez of untouched old growth forest. Saved frm loggerz only to hav a fire take it down. An a log cabin my grandady built in the 1800z😱😨😱😒 shyty day wen CNN iz turnd on an therz your familyz history on T.V burnin away. Sad

EvB

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 21, 2015, 02:17:03 PM
Washington wild firez my property there iz under level 2 evacuation. I own 2200 acrez of untouched old growth forest. Saved frm loggerz only to hav a fire take it down. An a log cabin my grandady built in the 1800z😱😨😱😒 shyty day wen CNN iz turnd on an therz your familyz history on T.V burnin away. Sad

So sorry to hear it. "That sucks' hardly seems adequate!

Dark Splatter

Sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will be ok for you! stay positive and stay safe!

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on August 20, 2015, 10:04:53 PM
Amazing that some people are dumb enough to sign up for that shit using .gov or .mil accounts.
You don't have to be smart to work for the gubberment. After working at Wright Patt I honestly think it helps to be a dumb ass or mentally ill.

albrecht

So sorry about that. I hope some trees can survive. Such a beautiful area up there.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on August 21, 2015, 01:11:38 PM
Art said that on behalf of himself and his audience that they were all excited that Barbara was back...the tone in which he said it made it pretty clear it was a reference to Chunga... 8)
Yes, I had the same impression.  Sometimes more is said by not saying.  I was glad to have Barbara back, though.  She's getting up there in years but I don't have much doubt she's sincere.  Unlike those who shall not be named and rhyme with bunga.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2015, 09:22:49 PM
Listen live to Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert:
High quality AAC stream, click here.
MP3 stream, click here.

Call Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert.
Phone:  952-225-5278
North America Skype:  mitd51
Overseas Skype:  mitd55

This thread will be unlocked just prior to show time tonight (9PM Pacific, 12AM Eastern).  Midnight in the Desert airs Monday-Friday from Midnight-3AM Eastern.  That's 9PM to midnight Pacific.

Auslandia

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 21, 2015, 12:41:43 AM
Been cutting in and out for me too. So annoying.

I signed up for the Time traveler subscription & just download the RSS feed. No more problems.Plus you get to skip all the commercials

Auslandia

Quote from: Textor on August 20, 2015, 10:34:24 PM
Because upgrading the network properly costs money, and that would cut into their profits.

Also because the USA is absolutely fucking gigantic

bellalugosi

Quote from: ManiacMatt on August 20, 2015, 11:48:09 PM
Barbara said they are still the same 5 original people and she listed their names. No mention of Chunga.

Who are the original members? I did try to find this online. She mentioned a Jimmy.

Mastodonkey

Overall I enjoyed this show but it could've been better. It seemed like they didn't even wanna be on the show. Just generally unenthused and there seemed to be some weird tension between Barbara and Brendan before he took off.. weird.

Also Art kinda oversold the creepy factor and whatnot in a corny kind of way.. nothing was all that disturbing.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Mastodonkey on August 25, 2015, 08:36:46 AM
Overall I enjoyed this show but it could've been better. It seemed like they didn't even wanna be on the show. Just generally unenthused and there seemed to be some weird tension between Barbara and Brendan before he took off.. weird.

I think they said something about being sued.  That maybe brought them down.  Then again, I don't remember the GIS people ever being super excited.