• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150820 - Barbara McBeath & Brendan Cook, EVP - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 20, 2015, 09:22:49 PM

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2015, 11:58:53 PM
You don't get paid unless you're a regular. If you're just some guest, you get paid through a bump in book sales.

I thought this was common knowledge. I don't think anyone in radio pays for guests unless it's something unusual.

bateman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2015, 11:58:53 PM
You don't get paid unless you're a regular. If you're just some guest, you get paid through a bump in book sales.

And even then, no it's not common.

Bounder

Quote from: AZ/CO on August 20, 2015, 11:56:29 PM
A million bucks doesn't buy what it used to

Doubt he's a millionaire.  He's shrewd, but Nevada and the Philippines are not â€" relatively â€" expensive.  If he broadcast out of San Francisco and held a condo in Monaco, maybe you'd be nearer the mark.  Six figure bank account at best.  (Which is nothing to sneeze at!)

It's too bad we can't get a Bad Lip Reading version of these.

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 21, 2015, 12:00:45 AM
the look u hav wen the guest fallz asleep

The look people have when Dave snoozes off for a half hour....

trostol

Quote from: Bounder on August 21, 2015, 12:01:11 AM
Doubt he's a millionaire.  He's shrewd, but Nevada and the Philippines are not â€" relatively â€" expensive.  If he broadcast out of San Francisco and held a condo in Monaco, maybe you'd be nearer the mark.  Six figure bank account at best.  (Which is nothing to sneeze at!)

he has to be worth more than GN

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: bateman on August 21, 2015, 12:00:26 AM
And even then, no it's not common.

Yeah, even a spot on TV news like Fox or CNN doesn't pay much. $50 or whatever.

AppealPlay

Really, the guest had to tap out in the middle of a radio interview?  Oh, dear.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on August 20, 2015, 11:52:27 PM
Eddie! Why you no write to me anymore? And by write I mean send unsolicited coq pics.

I ran out of coq picks sir. I sent them to another member in lieu of Bitcoin.  :-X ;) ;D

Art had a huge summer blockbuster and a couple best selling books on top of being probably the third biggest radio host of the 90s. Doubtful he's got Stern or Limbaugh money but he would have had to have done something seriously wrong if he wasn't balling over seven figures.

WOTR

Either that or he actually enjoys where he lives and where his wife is from.  Not everybody dreams of a summer house in the Hamptons and a penthouse in NYC.  Some people are happy in Pahrump and Manila.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: eddie dean on August 21, 2015, 12:03:36 AM
I ran out of coq picks sir. I sent them to another member in lieu of Bitcoin.  :-X ;) ;D

I got Eddie Deaned by Art last night...

jazmunda

Now we just need Roger and Jenny to complete the set. Chunga was the bonus that will be clogging landfills for years to come.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 21, 2015, 12:01:51 AM
The look people have when Dave snoozes off for a half hour....
i never listend to snorry after hiz 1st nite. I cant beleve any1 did. 😔

WOTR

Gee, why not bring on Chunga instead?  Oh, because he is not listed in the members present on this EVP (or anywhere else.)  I really cannot drop the Chunga thing. :-[

Good to finally hear from Barry after all these years.

trostol

gotta stop telling what these things are saying before playing them...

AppealPlay

"You guys dead?

Oh, shit.  Like, are you guys dead like I am?  Creepy!

norland2424

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2015, 12:05:29 AM
Now we just need Roger and Jenny to complete the set. Chunga was the bonus that will be clogging landfills for years to come.

what or who is a " chunga" ? lol