• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150819 - Bill Birnes and Jim Sanders - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 19, 2015, 09:19:58 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 19, 2015, 11:13:47 PM
It wouldn't seem to be very effective.  It doesn't seem like you would need to burn through an aircraft's 'armour' to bring it down.  Maybe it would be useful against large, slow troop transports that can take a lot of physical damage?

Yeah, I could see troop transports or something. But for an aircraft, you'd have to actually physically hit the aircraft with the missile. That's a really tall order, better to just explode nearby and spray shrapnel.

PrairieGhost

There is 2 minutes missing in the video where the missile would of hit. I can not wormhole Art because of the error tonight. The video jumps from 00:22.09 to 00:24.04!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: trostol on August 19, 2015, 11:10:13 PM
not trying to..bash here but was Art always this..at least sounding wise..quick to believe these types of stories? or is he just playing up to all this?

Yeah, I had the same thought.  Art's lack of critical thinking/questioning is very noticable tonight.  Disappointing.

Saying the US Navy shot this thing down is the absolute height of absurdity.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 19, 2015, 11:16:59 PM
better to just explode nearby and spray shrapnel.
I wish to fashion these words into a song.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 19, 2015, 11:19:20 PM
There is 2 minutes missing in the video where the missile would of hit. I can not wormhole Art because of the error tonight. The video jumps from 00:22.09 to 00:24.04!

Which happens to contain the actual impact of the missile . . .

Herbn-Legend

Im here representin the Mckenna family, the funky DMT smokerz. Y me representin the family? Cuz were all frendz all discuss the show all smoke together. Bak in the day i woud walk in to a store an b like HEY T watz up kristy😀 an then we woud all go burn. If you dont like my opinion thatz fine pleez DONT READ MY POSTz. But never doubt i sit down with the family an I LOAD THE GOOD BUDz😯💨💨💨r we druggd out? I HOPE SO, archaic revival

trostol

Quote from: chefist on August 19, 2015, 11:18:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFcZo8dTcU

lol thats cool..i think thats the stuff the mythbusters didnt wanan use a lot of cause of its..reaction with water

aldousburbank

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 19, 2015, 11:19:53 PM
Saying the US Navy shot this thing down is the absolute height of absurdity.
I would guess it more likely non US sub missile. I mean, right?

Quote from: trostol on August 19, 2015, 11:16:22 PM
that i can understand..just seems most of the shows since he started back save a few he has ..seemed to believe a lot of what was said

Idk this has long been a popular critique of Art that he doesn't call out his guests often enough - Mr. Dames comes to mind.  He encourages listeners to make up their own minds.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 19, 2015, 11:20:30 PM
Which happens to contain the actual impact of the missile . . .

Did they already say they know it's missing or are they overlooking this? I will call tonight if they haven't!

Jocko Johnson

Certified legal docs, trial transcripts are not changed by judges in the middle of cases it so easily can be checked. There are copies everywhere. Calling BS Art, sorry as a cop for over 20 yrs no way an appeallete court judge risks doing something so stupid.

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on August 19, 2015, 11:20:47 PM
is the show good tonight?

I was going to ask the same thing.  I just pulled up a chair.  ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 19, 2015, 11:20:30 PM
Im here representin the Mckenna family, the funky DMT smokerz. Y me representin the family? Cuz were all frendz all discuss the show all smoke together. Bak in the day i woud walk in to a store an b like HEY T watz up kristy😀 an then we woud all go burn. If you dont like my opinion thatz fine pleez DONT READ MY POSTz. But never doubt i sit down with the family an I LOAD THE GOOD BUDz😯💨💨💨r we druggd out? I HOPE SO, archaic revival
Yeah dude. I was a friend of T's and we never got too far out to talk right. You win.

chefist

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: littlechris on August 19, 2015, 11:17:28 PM
Motherfucker YOU FAMOUS NOW!!!!!

Hahaha!! That's my boy!!
k
Thank you, thank you very much.

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 19, 2015, 11:21:24 PM
I would guess it more likely non US sub missile. I mean, right?

That is marginally within the realm of possibility. MARGINALLY. But absolutely impossible for it to have come from a US platform.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 19, 2015, 11:21:39 PM
Did they already say they know it's missing or are they overlooking this? I will call tonight if they haven't!

I'm not sure, I don't recall them saying anything.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ArJuna on August 19, 2015, 11:16:48 PM
I was in the Navy in the late 1970's early 1980's.  Under General Quarters (Battle Stations) my place was in the CIC (Combat Information Center) on the air search radar.  Back then we did not have computers, but I know the Captain always had the final say at the last moment when we fired weapons.  I can't imagine they would ever relegate those decisions to a computer.  I could see telling a computer to fire, but the decision to do so would likely be the Captain or a delegated ranking officer.  To me it seems a convenient way to deflect the blame in this TWA-800 incident.
Thx exactly. Good friend of mine was the  weapons officer on a USN nuke boat...nothing gets shot without human command authority.