• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150813 - Blanche Barton, Church of Satan - Live Show Chat

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 13, 2015, 07:42:03 PM

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 13, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
If Satan and his followers fell from grace, doesn't that mean there is a God etc? Which she said didn't exist?

Ah, her parent's !!!!

I was taught and believe that God so loved the world he sent his only son to die for our sins. If we are truly sorry and ask God for his forgiveness, then he will forgive us...but we must sincerely ask for forgiveness.  As a Catholic that is what I  was taught. If we ask for God's forgiveness and grace he will give it to us as he wants us to enjoy everlasting life in heaven...I have no idea what she's talking about?

She doesn't believe in satan. She is a humanist/Athiest who wants attention. They use the devil imagery for attention.

Barfly

Quote from: popple on August 13, 2015, 11:17:32 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESH! Art Bell said hold tight. WE'RE AT A BREAK!
I'm holding tight on my bottle of Heineken

trostol

i think religion should just not be a subject on this show lol

Murder and fighting maybe part of natures plans, evil's a byproduct of nature and evolution...it's all in Lucifer Principle....all of these maybe products of the human mind, Einstein has a great quote about this.

flimflam384

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 13, 2015, 11:19:34 PM
She doesn't believe in satan. She is a humanist/Athiest who wants attention. They use the devil imagery for attention.

That's kind of the whole premise behind LaVey's Church of Satan.

Designx

Sad that Art can't get over the "Satan" word and see this "religion" is just a humanist viewpoint on living life.

albrecht

Quote from: Barfly on August 13, 2015, 11:13:40 PM
Church of Satan, keyword "church" = tax free
With a lot of lawyer costs though, actually. And even other costs in some bigger ones...who gained it after lots of manipulations. Jump on couch here now!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 13, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
She's starting to sound a little butthurt.  Just sayin'.

Just like most of the people in this thread.  ;)

Kevin Sorbo

Maybe it's because I'm half asleep, but it seems like this guest contradicts everything that comes out her mouth five seconds after she says it. "They aren't evil, they are evil. I'm a Satanist, I'm an atheist. Don't listen to the ideas being shoved down your throat by others (proceeds to shove her own personal beliefs down your throat).

Here's a vote for not asking this one back.

WOTR

I'm having some internet issues tonight- so I keep just catching little snippets.  However, her getting all riled up about politics if funny.  Certainly a satanist should not care if people vote the party line?

morgana213

Quote from: eddie dean on August 13, 2015, 11:00:03 PM
I was just out on the patio smoking a cig and I was attacked by cockroaches.
flying fucking cockroaches!!
Several. giant. flying. fucking. cockroaches!!    :o

I'm back inside now.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to Art's Satanist guest for anything that I typed earlier that might have angered her.
Uncle. Uncle!
Nice Satanist lady, Please call off the plague of cockroaches at my back door. pretty please?

True story.
Gawd!  I hate flying coackroaches!  I'm glad you lived through that onslaught.

Scully

The Man has come around again, and his name is Bell!   8)

AppealPlay

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 13, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
If Satan and his followers fell from grace, doesn't that mean there is a God etc? Which she said didn't exist?

Ah, her parent's !!!!

I was taught and believe that God so loved the world he sent his only son to die for our sins. If we are truly sorry and ask God for his forgiveness, then he will forgive us...but we must sincerely ask for forgiveness.  As a Catholic that is what I  was taught. If we ask for God's forgiveness and grace he will give it to us as he wants us to enjoy everlasting life in heaven...I have no idea what she's talking about?

100% this.  It isn't a matter of God condemning us to death because he's a bad guy.  We were already condemned to death before we were born because of what went down in the Garden.  God's sacrifice is his gift to us all but we have to choose to accept his atonement in exchange for salvation.  He won't force you to do it; you have to make that choice for yourself.  If you choose to reject his gift then you will be judged according to your works which will lead to your inevitable death because we will all fall short of perfection.  It isn't like God is some evil homicidal maniac.  It's the opposite.

EvB

I'll have to listen to the first part tommorow - I lost track of time and just logged in!   ;D

Quote from: EvB on August 13, 2015, 11:22:01 PM
I'll have to listen to the first part tommorow - I lost track of time and just logged in!   ;D

If you heard Alper or other Humanist/Atheist you've heard her. You didn't miss much.

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on August 13, 2015, 11:19:35 PM
I'm holding tight on my bottle of Heineken

Heiney again?  Is that your beer of choice?

littlechris

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 13, 2015, 11:11:44 PM
... Yawn her points have all been heard before from the humanism/Athiest crowd. The guest really is providing no new thoughts to me, its a rather boring show.

I agree, you should call in and cuss her out.  😁

AppealPlay

Please, JC, give Art a call.  This is a perfect opportunity for you to be insultated and condemn Art and Blanche to an eternity in the boiling pit of sewage.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ShayP on August 13, 2015, 11:18:36 PM
I know what you're saying.....I was a Catholic.
She is just talking so much and so fast she is contradicting herself and is just making no sense to me, she is all over the place.

Juan Cena

Quote from: ShayP on August 13, 2015, 11:14:01 PM
I really thought this would be more edgy and she would be more direct and staunch in her belief.  It seems so matter of fact blah blah blah.  It seems like a teenager who read his or her's first book on philosophy and they couldn't wait to tell the parents that they figured it all out.

Sadly, that book tends to be "Atlas Shrugged."

Quote from: littlechris on August 13, 2015, 11:23:15 PM
I agree, you should call in and cuss her out.  😁

;D
I wouldn't do that to Art. I hope JC does though.

norland2424

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 13, 2015, 11:23:29 PM
Please, JC, give Art a call.  This is a perfect opportunity for you to be insultated and condemn Art and Blanche to an eternity in the boiling pit of sewage.

ill pray to Satan or hoagland to make that happen