• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150811 - Seth Shostak, SETI - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

slippingaway

I'm taking MiTD to the bed, I'll fall asleep to the callers, perhaps...
Grill em' guys!
Good night everyone!!!!

Seth is a scientist.  He reports what he knows.  He doesn't engage in speculation or hearsay.

Dyna-X

Some Velvet Morning  - the curse of  only post-1972 has been broken, yaaaaay :)

Pumamama

Quote from: slippingaway on August 11, 2015, 10:59:49 PM
No, actually he delicately skirted saying that directly...
Shossie said Greer made it up. That's what he said.

Possibly actionable.

trostol

Quote from: Freyja on August 11, 2015, 11:01:30 PM
Maybe so, however I wouldn't put any $$ on Shostak either.

there is a lot i wouldnt put the few dollars i have on lol

ChandlersDad

Quote from: malachi.martini on August 11, 2015, 10:59:15 PM

Seth is basically this guy in every 80s movie. Why would Frank tell him anything of that kind of import?

Excuse me. Seth would be the first to know. Drake is not even one of the people monitoring the results.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 11, 2015, 10:45:46 PM
omg....the horror, the horror!

you'd do good ...remote viewing aliens gots lots of potential

maren

Quote from: TenaciousJ on August 11, 2015, 10:59:36 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Art is so upset with Stephen Greer and cancelled his appearance recently. I have to be missing something; I just don't get it.

Art cancelled a Greer appearance?  I don't recall hearing about that -- when?

Sean92008

Huh?  I don't remember hearing this on MitD, this is pre-1972 (unless it was re-recorded).

Great back story behind the song when Lee Hazelwood was on Art's C2C ages ago.

Eugene M Rosa

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 11, 2015, 11:00:31 PM
So you actually put more validity in Greer than in Shostak? Wow.
I do, at least Greer believes in Aliens....although they both deserve to be thrown off a cliff.

PrairieGhost

I thought Art couldn't play anything before 1972? I guess he got the okay from the label for the song!  8)

AppealPlay

Seth is just terribly arrogant, isn't he?  I mean, he's an accomplished scientist so he's entitled to a touch of arrogance but not the level he rocks.

rtz

The problem with guys like this is whatever he really knows(clearance/classified); he can't talk about.  So at the end of the day; he's useless.  No info to be had from him.

RoseGirl

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 11, 2015, 11:02:35 PM
you'd do good ...remote viewing aliens gots lots of potential

and I have RH- blood...so there that.

lol

Art would never interview me....I am a nobody...lol

Freyja

Quote from: slippingaway on August 11, 2015, 11:02:09 PM
I'm taking MiTD to the bed, I'll fall asleep to the callers, perhaps...
Grill em' guys!
Good night everyone!!!!

Night!

chefist

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 11, 2015, 11:01:49 PM
I couldn't beat Ric, I will never be the man. Maybe I can take Arn's spot? 8)

LOL..they were buds...I grew up near St Louis and Sam Muchnik's empire...big Harley Race country...

ChandlersDad

Quote from: maren on August 11, 2015, 11:02:54 PM

Maybe Art wants to save Greer for a night when Art doesn't feel like talking much. Greer can talk non-stop for 3 hours without needing Art at all.

Quote from: Eugene M Rosa on August 11, 2015, 11:00:11 PM
This is beyond disgusting, this swarmy scumbag is the head of an institute looking for Alien for life that is gonna be the alleged standard for "verified Alien contact".  The a-hole that just claimed that they and the US Government would just openly expose this info.... I truly cant fathom how anyone at all gave a penny to this farce.  Remote Viewing is a more useful way to try and find Aliens among the stars at this point......

I like you.

>MFW Seth talks

Eugene M Rosa

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 11, 2015, 11:02:33 PM
Excuse me. Seth would be the first to know. Drake is not even one of the people monitoring the results.

You are joking right? I hope so because if you arent I feel really bad for you.  Here is a little hint, if Shostak would be "the first to know" how would he have the time to do all these vomit inducing interviews??? Let that sink in.......

Music by the guy that bought Cobain's shotgun for him....

chefist

"You can believe Mr. Pecker."

starrmtn001

Going to listen in bed.  Goodnight everyone.  Enjoy the rest of the show. :D

Robert

Sounded like Art just "dumped" something he said.  Hear a bleep?

You're excused.

Drake has the social currency to be far more in the 'know' than Seth ever would.

Freyja

Quote from: maren on August 11, 2015, 11:02:54 PM

I'm not sure he did. Bassett and Cook were a no show last week. Is that what you're thinking of?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rtz on August 11, 2015, 11:03:55 PM
The problem with guys like this is whatever he really knows(clearance/classified); he can't talk about.  So at the end of the day; he's useless.  No info to be had from him.

Somebody (caller) needs to ask Seth tonight if he has a USG security clearance.  If he says yes, then ask him from what agency.

sydtron

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 11, 2015, 11:07:28 PM
Somebody (caller) needs to ask Seth tonight if he has a USG security clearance.  If he says yes, then ask him from what agency.

YES!

Dyna-X

I am not sure why Art has given as much credibility to Steven Greer as he has.  What does he know about him that we don't?  Even Kerry Cassidy doesn't trust Greer, LOL.

inuk2600

He sounds like a warm fuzzy teddy bear. You guys who thinks he sounds arrogant should re-listen to that flat earth Jon guy.