• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150811 - Seth Shostak, SETI - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

All Seth ever does is skirt.

LOL @ the cure for cancer analogy. So willfully narrow and deceitful.

Freyja

So Shostaks' big defense to all of this is that after Greer allegedly mentioned this on Coast that he called Greer on the phone and asked him where he heard it and he wouldn't answer??.....more than lame. 

henge0stone

'not one of them had heard of Steven Greer'

Why does this sound so truthful?

RoseGirl

You see...this is good, cuz these are the people that are responsible for telling us the truth. We need more than a bow tie, folks.

I like that about 25% of MITD so far has been Woo people fighting with each other.

trostol

lol so much sticking up for Greer...for some strange reason

slippingaway

someone needs to reverse speech this!!! I wanna check for messages like, "Damn it Steve, shut up or I'll die" or perhaps, "Greer is a jackwagon"

AppealPlay

I'm not even a believer but, come on Seth, we all know the dozens of reasons the governments of the world would want to keep alien proof suppressed.

inuk2600

Quote from: Eugene M Rosa on August 11, 2015, 10:50:51 PM
Seth is such an amazingly arrogant scumbag. NO SETH YOU FLAMING DBAG YOU WOULDNT COME OUT AND TELL THE WORLD YOU STUPID F&*k. So now Shostak is calling Greer a flat out liar.....this should be good....two world class liars calling each others liars........I believe that is a paradox.

Are Seth's methods unsound?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: coaster on August 11, 2015, 10:48:00 PM
Greer is such a con man.

Greer? Isn't he that guy with the alien in the freezer?

(Smiley face making a Bella-Haven listener joke, crap)

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 11, 2015, 10:49:17 PM
I got it!  Michio Kaku!  He sounds like Michio Kaku!

Yup!  Methinks you get the gold star!

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 11, 2015, 10:52:38 PM
I like that about 25% of MITD so far has been Woo people fighting with each other.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: coaster on August 11, 2015, 10:48:00 PM
Greer is such a con man.

Exactly.  I find it annoying that Art thinks he has any credibility.

Eugene M Rosa

He keeps talking about funding yet they just got 100Million dollars.......I dont feel bad for Art because he booked this scumbag.

AppealPlay

I feel like the boys at the local Hamfest could rig something up in a few days, Seth.

Quote from: Eugene M Rosa on August 11, 2015, 10:53:55 PM
He keeps talking about funding yet they just got 100Million dollars.......I dont feel bad for Art because he booked this scumbag.

Where did they get that from?

aldousburbank

Quote from: inuk2600 on August 11, 2015, 10:53:13 PM
Are Seth's methods unsound?
Well yeah. Listening for a dang radio signal in the hydrogen frequency which repeats. Get real.

slippingaway

NSA crypto computers and NASA server farms, WTF was I wasting all that CPU power on SETI@home for?!?!?!
They owe me hundreds of kilowatts.

Robert

Demodulating a signal of unknown modulation is just a type of decryption.  We have tons of decryption equipment!  What does this guy think the NSA is about?

RoseGirl

Why would he be concerned about 'danger' in picking up a signal?

Freyja

Quote from: slippingaway on August 11, 2015, 10:52:45 PM
someone needs to reverse speech this!!! I wanna check for messages like, "Damn it Steve, shut up or I'll die" or perhaps, "Greer is a jackwagon"

LMAO.....

StonedApeMan

Stephen Greer is getting drug through the mud tonight. Deservedly so.

Apparently Seth thinks people desire money and "prizes of nobility" so much that they would tell the world all about their signals.....sometimes some people don't care about those things and like to keep things secret cause they get off on knowing things the "little people" don't know about....

Freyja

Shostak just said that Greer made it all up!!