• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Σ> on March 04, 2017, 07:29:31 PM
i don't want to be hard on anyone.  just honest.

Sure, He's a sporadic, butthurt attention-whoring poster.

I get it.

The fucker showed up late to the Art Bell\/Heather Wade switch and wanted to rehash ALL the old shit. Repeatedly.

Fuck him and that imaginary motorcycle.

Time-stamped video or it didn't happen, geezer.

JesusJuice

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 04, 2017, 07:32:53 PM
I think he dreamed of being a radio star in his youth and that never came to be. So now he still chases it when he sees the opportunity. I remember him campaigning hard in the MITD thread after Art quit to replace Heather and he would get kinda cranky if you disagreed.  ;)

Remember when he attacked Amy in her thread all night saying that he could do a better job?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 04, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

Remember when he attacked Amy in her thread all night saying that he could do a better job?

Yeah..those were the days!  ;D

PKaiser

Quote from: Σ> on March 04, 2017, 06:59:33 PM
so if i don't publicly accept your publicly extended offer to permanently co-host my podcast with me, that means i didn't appreciate your appearance with me on a gabcast?  jesus christ.  you've read way more into my "thanks, but ev or solo" message than was intended.  this reaction by you isn't exactly causing me to rethink my plans.  if i'd replied, "thanks, but ev or someone other than you" then i could understand your displeasure.

i've done the trainwreck show with evelyn since 2009.  if she can't do it with me, i'll end up just doing it solo.  that's all.  no offense was intended.  you asked, i replied.  i didn't expect i'd need to cushion the reply to avoid offense, as none was intended.  i even thanked you for making the offer by typing the word "thanks" at the beginning of the reply.  perhaps making the offer publicly wasn't the best move since you put me in the position of having to reply publicly, which inevitably led to reactions on this order:

sure, there have been a couple occasions in the past when ev couldn't be there so i found someone to cohost with me, but i fail to see how that relates to my intention to do the show solo if ev isn't available.

my "conscience" comment was in jest.  if you didn't take it as such, then you don't know me very well which calls into question whatever "chemistry" you're referring to.

also, even if i were looking for someone to replace evelyn, i wouldn't choose you because we fundamentally agree on too many things.  evelyn's world view is almost entirely incongruent with mine, which i think makes for better radio.  this is not a bellgab podcast.  it's a podcast about current events and politics.

i'm michael vandeven.

Oh my God!  Man, you take yourself way too seriously, I was freaking joking, or at least trying to.  You have some thin skin there, bud.

Oh, by the way, I have a Bachelor's degree in US History and Political Science.  It's my thing, like.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PKaiser on March 04, 2017, 09:27:01 PM
Oh my God!  Man, you take yourself way too seriously, I was freaking joking, or at least trying to.  You have some thin skin there, bud.

wow.  look at the humor just dripping off of this:

Quote from: PKaiser on March 04, 2017, 05:06:48 PM
What conscience?

Hey, I only offered because I heard some of your train wreck shows with some other guy co-hosting with you the other day and the guy was so lame and uninformed I actually turned it off.  I thought you and I had much more chemistry and carried on a much more intelligent conversation when we've been together, so I gave it a shot. Obviously you don't agree and that's perfectly fine.  Your loss.

sorry i didn't pick up on your comedy stylings there, louie anderson.

Ciardelo

You know and MV, Back the fuck down ass hoole.

Ciardelo

This is why we can't have nice things.

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 09:50:09 AM
Hmm...No one wants to talk about Train Wreck or really knows what it is. Is it that bad?!  ???
MV's Radio Trainwreck is a podcast where  MV and EvB pick out news articles and current events topics and then give each others opinions about said topic.  MV, at every turn, attempts to belittle EvB as he would rather talk about things "off the cuff" while Evelyn feels the need to be rehearsed and informed about the topics that are discussed.  Race, religion, politics, family, technology are discussed all the while a battle of wills ensues, sometimes its book smarts vs. street smarts.  Two different points of view is the norm, served up with a helping of generational gap between the two hosts.

Evelyn is an older lady, probably in her 60's, during much of the Trainwreck series, she was working on and eventually was awarded her Masters of Education.  Not to be left out MV, the technology repair entrepreneur in his late 30's becomes a "fancy college boy".

An entertaining podcast that you can hit play and sit back and enjoy the intelligent and colourful presentation.

I suggest you download a few and listen for yourself
http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=12

peace
Hog

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 04, 2017, 10:30:01 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.
Damn.  Why, oh why, does this have to include nighttime AM radio hosts?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on March 04, 2017, 10:34:15 PM
MV's Radio Trainwreck is a podcast where  MV and EvB pick out news articles and current events topics and then give each others opinions about said topic.  Along the way MV, at every turn, attempts to belittle EvB as MV would rather talk about things "off the cuff" while Evelyn feels the need to be rehearsed and informed about the topics that are discussed.  Race, religion, politics, family, technology are discussed all the while a battle of wills ensues, sometimes its book smarts vs. street smarts.  Two different points of view is the norm, served up with a helping of generational gap between the two hosts.

Evelyn is an older lady, probably in her 60's, during much of the Trainwreck series, she was working on and eventually was awarded her Masters of Education.  Not to be left out MV, the technology repair entrepreneur in his late 30's becomes a "fancy college boy".

An entertaining podcast that you can hit play and sit back and enjoy the intelligent and colourful presentation.

I suggest you download a few and listen for yourself
http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=12

peace
Hog

Call me crazy but listening to an old podcast of a current events show just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll catch it live on Monday.  ;)

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 04, 2017, 10:50:10 PM
Call me crazy but listening to an old podcast of a current events show just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll catch it live on Monday.  ;)

You asked about the show, so I answered.  You're welcome, Sir!

Different strokes I guess.  I don't mind the old events.  I enjoy comparing/contrasting the old topics vs. new.  The most entertaining parts for me personally is MV's presentation and the dynamics between MV and EvB.   
I've downloaded all the content from UFOShip, there's lots of good stuff there.

Hopefully there are some new shows so that you can enjoy as well.

peace
Hog

mikuthing01

uhhhhg.... so I'm listening to radio train wreck and this evelyn person is rambling on about banning guns yet admits she knows nothing about them and is coming off sounding like a complete retard. I am officially #triggered

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 04, 2017, 10:50:10 PM

jeez.  it's not the evening news.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 04, 2017, 11:14:54 PM
uhhhhg.... so I'm listening to radio train wreck and this evelyn person is rambling on about banning guns yet admits she knows nothing about them and is coming off sounding like a complete retard. I am officially #triggered

haha, plenty more of that to come.

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 04, 2017, 11:14:54 PM

Gunslinger Girl?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Taaroa on March 05, 2017, 12:32:34 AM
https://youtu.be/lEDs2ez6Fpk?t=5m25s

KEK! The girl on his Pelican case at 5:30 is Mikoto Misaka from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun anime series. She literally has the super power of a railgun lol the OP song is good too Fripside - only my railgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXkbQoXNusc

Listening to MV and EvB talk about various Trump bullets is going to be Podcast gold.

Correction.

Podcast platinum.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 05, 2017, 12:42:18 AM
Listening to MV and EvB talk about various Trump bullets is going to be Podcast gold.

Correction.

Podcast platinum.

re: trump
evelyn is "mortified."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Σ> on March 05, 2017, 01:40:26 AM
evelyn is "mortified."

I'm so fucking sick of that reaction. Count me out but do have a good time y'all.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 05, 2017, 01:43:48 AM
I'm so fucking sick of that reaction. Count me out but do have a good time y'all.  ;)

listen or don't. 

*shrug*

Taaroa

When the last show was done Little Marco was still relevant outside of Florida, Trump was still the dark horse of the race and not the president, and the UK was still on track to remain in the EU.

You've got a lot to talk about.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on March 05, 2017, 03:49:44 AM
When the last show was done Little Marco was still relevant outside of Florida, Trump was still the dark horse of the race and not the president, and the UK was still on track to remain in the EU.

You've got a lot to talk about.

indeed.  so much has changed.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on March 05, 2017, 03:50:54 AM
indeed.  so much has changed.
I very much hope EvB agrees to co-host with you again.  I miss "the good ol days."  I miss the real BellGab. :-*

Quote from: Σ> on March 05, 2017, 01:40:26 AM
evelyn is "mortified."

What better place for Ev to air her concerns than a tasty fresh 2017 Train Wreck?

MV/Liberace!

Michael Vandeven's Radio TrainWreck will air every Monday at 8:30PM East, 5:30PM West.  We'll pick up where we left off on March 13th.  Ev is in, but I never really doubted she would be.

Chat and Stream:  UFOShip.com/chat
Stream Only:  http://tunein.com/radio/UFOShipcom-s237118/
Stream Only (.pls file for winamp/vlc):  http://50.7.98.106:8457/listen.pls
Podcast RSS Feed:  http://www.ufoship.com/?feed=rss2&cat=12