Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EvB

Quote from: wr250 on August 11, 2015, 05:07:49 PM
will there be a spec sheet type segment?

Interesting question.  MV and I tend to just 'go with it' - so even when we plan, plans often go awry.  I'll run it by MV.

EvB

Quote from: MV on August 11, 2015, 06:00:58 PM
i'm sure tech will come up in the course of doing the show since i'll always enjoy talking about technology, but there won't be any sort of specifically planned tech segment.

WELL! looks like MV already answered that.  I actually had some tech related (I lean towards the fantastic) news marked but we never got it.  Here is a teaser:   http://www.terrafugia.com/


EvB

Quote from: wr250 on August 12, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
will we get to hear Evelyn's malfunctioning mute button ?

More than likley at some point!   :P

EvB

Everyone in the chat room and on call-in was great last night!  Thanks so much for your support.  :-*

WhiteCrow

Quote from: EvB on August 18, 2015, 08:44:45 AM
Everyone in the chat room and on call-in was great last night!  Thanks so much for your support.  :-*

Evelyn my dear, glad you and and your sidekick are back.
(Smiley face, crap)

Seriously, nice show and I'll be listening.

chefist

Quote from: EvB on August 18, 2015, 08:44:45 AM
Everyone in the chat room and on call-in was great last night!  Thanks so much for your support.  :-*

LOL and you caught my "Archie Bunkerism" with 'seminar' in place of 'seminal'...hilarious!

starrmtn001

I am so sorry my wifi connection went south last night. :'(  I really, REALLY wanted to be a part of the Grand Return of Radio Train Wreck.

I did catch some streaming in the earlier part of the show and I must say Evelyn hit the ground running in stride!  RTW is, and is going to be grrrrrreat!

Thank you MV for taking my call, and for saying those nice things about me.  Also, thank you for showing me the difference between a dropped call and a "drooped call" call  ("drooped" is a typo, but it seems appropriate so I'll leave it lol).

WiFi is working again (obviously) so I'll be at GabCast tonight! ;)

What an honor it is to be part of such a wonderfully eclectic group.  Luv you all!  ;) ;D

gabrielle

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2015, 11:04:01 AM
LOL and you caught my "Archie Bunkerism" with 'seminar' in place of 'seminal'...hilarious!

Seminary fluid...too funny.

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2015, 03:58:42 PM
I am so sorry my wifi connection went south last night. :'(  I really, REALLY wanted to be a part of the Grand Return of Radio Train Wreck.

I did catch some streaming in the earlier part of the show and I must say Evelyn hit the ground running in stride!  RTW is, and is going to be grrrrrreat!

Thank you MV for taking my call, and for saying those nice things about me.  Also, thank you for showing me the difference between a dropped call and a "drooped call" call  ("drooped" is a typo, but it seems appropriate so I'll leave it lol).

WiFi is working again (obviously) so I'll be at GabCast tonight! ;)

What an honor it is to be part of such a wonderfully eclectic group.  Luv you all!  ;) ;D

Luv you back  :-*


MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2015, 03:58:42 PM
I am so sorry my wifi connection went south last night. :'(  I really, REALLY wanted to be a part of the Grand Return of Radio Train Wreck.

I did catch some streaming in the earlier part of the show and I must say Evelyn hit the ground running in stride!  RTW is, and is going to be grrrrrreat!

Thank you MV for taking my call, and for saying those nice things about me.  Also, thank you for showing me the difference between a dropped call and a "drooped call" call  ("drooped" is a typo, but it seems appropriate so I'll leave it lol).

WiFi is working again (obviously) so I'll be at GabCast tonight! ;)

What an honor it is to be part of such a wonderfully eclectic group.  Luv you all!  ;) ;D

well aren't you a sweetie.  thanks, sugar.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on August 18, 2015, 05:22:24 PM
well aren't you a sweetie.  thanks, sugar.
Were it not for you MV, there wouldn't be any BellGab, there wouldn't be any BellGab Podcasts.  So I send my thanks, and respect, for all you do.

Ms. C

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
Were it not for you MV, there wouldn't be any BellBag, there wouldn't be any BellGab Podcasts.  So I send my thanks, and respect, for all you do.

No BellGab either ... (tee-hee) ... just teasing, yes MV, you do good work with making babies and with making an absolutely #1 Forum  ... I Salute and Thank You.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ms. C on August 18, 2015, 06:17:31 PM
No BellGab either ... (tee-hee) ... just teasing, yes MV, you do good work with making babies and with making an absolutely #1 Forum  ... I Salute and Thank You.
OMG!  Major OOPS! :-[
I have time.  I'll fix it.
Thank you SO MUCH for the heads-up Ms. C.

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on August 18, 2015, 06:17:31 PM
No BellGab either ... (tee-hee) ... just teasing, yes MV, you do good work with making babies and with making an absolutely #1 Forum  ... I Salute and Thank You.

BellBag, lol's, that should give someone an idea for a new show! 

stevenotero

Quote from: MV on August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM
Link to the show archives here.
Live stream/chat here.
Want to receive new episode notifications?  Click here.
This podcast's RSS feed is here.
Call the live show: 573-837-4948


Back by marginal demand, Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck is a podcast about politics, current events, and whatever else.  I used to do this show regularly with my friend Evelyn Barney starting in 2009.  At one point, the podcast was being downloaded over 10,000 times per month (according to podtrac).  I hope we can get things back to that level.  That would be swell. 


I quit doing this show years ago in favor of The Spec Sheet, but that show is now kaput, so it's back to our roots.

All of the necessary info is at the top of this post.  Be sure and use the BellGab notification subscription system so you can be alerted when a new episode is coming up.  Thanks for listening.


Thank you MV!

ponyboysunset

When are you guys doing another one? I miss MV's rants about the world at large!

jazmunda

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 05, 2015, 07:14:43 AM
When are you guys doing another one? I miss MV's rants about the world at large!

I would actually pay a subscription to that. Not cash money mind you but I'm sure we could negotiate an interesting trade.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on October 05, 2015, 07:27:31 AM
I would actually pay a subscription to that. Not cash money mind you but I'm sure we could negotiate an interesting trade.
does it involve cream and/or mayo ?

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on October 05, 2015, 07:28:38 AM
does it involve cream and/or mayo ?

I was thinking equines or equine related paraphernalia.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on October 05, 2015, 07:33:57 AM
I was thinking equines or equine related paraphernalia.
I used to be an equestrian.  Does that count?



ziznak

yay! starrmtn01 has the witchy kitteh avy back up!!

I'm down for radio trainwreck whenever it decides to rear it's beautiful, mayo smudged head!!

starrmtn001

Quote from: ziznak on October 05, 2015, 10:18:15 AM
yay! starrmtn01 has the witchy kitteh avy back up!!

I'm down for radio trainwreck whenever it decides to rear it's beautiful, mayo smudged head!!
Meow, meow (heh heh heh). ;D

I'm up for radio trainwreck whenever it decides to rear it's beautiful, mayo smudged head!!  ;)

henge0stone

Just started listening gonna give my thoughts. Its a pretty interesting I heard several shows already. I like the wide variety of topics on the show, not being a tech guy I doubt I would have liked the spec sheet.

I really liked the shows where Michael played EVPs and they discussed it. BTW did you guys ever get the lady who captured the Gettysburg Ghost video on the show? Or has hat been disproved? I enjoy people who talk about paranormal who are more skeptical yet not completely closed minded so more Paranormal talk is something I'd like to see, especially what Michael and Evelyn think about UFOs given that the website is called UFOship.com.

Michael has a good personality that works for the show but sometimes people with big personalities can steamroll over people which tends to happen sometimes. I wish Evelyn was more sure of herself and assertive but I get that its difficult sometimes, I think Michael actually said this once. Of course I'm listening to older shows too so maybe she does later on.

Is the show still being made? It's been almost two months.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: henge0stone on October 24, 2015, 11:16:52 AM

Is the show still being made? It's been almost two months.

hey there.  we will be doing more shows soon.  the problem was, as soon as we started attempting to produce this show again, the semester started and i had far less time on my hands than i had anticipated.  tough classes.  we'll be back soon, though.

wr250

Quote from: MV on October 26, 2015, 11:33:48 AM
hey there.  we will be doing more shows soon.  the problem was, as soon as we started attempting to produce this show again, the semester started and i had far less time on my hands than i had anticipated.  tough classes.  we'll be back soon, though.
so you are a fancy pants college boy now ?

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on October 26, 2015, 11:33:48 AM
hey there.  we will be doing more shows soon.  the problem was, as soon as we started attempting to produce this show again, the semester started and i had far less time on my hands than i had anticipated.  tough classes.  we'll be back soon, though.
We are with you MV!  Kudos to you for furthering your education.  We BellGabbers love ya enough to cheer you on.  Keep up the great work.  And, um, Praise The Big Guy! ;) ;D

Juan

Do it on Monday night to take down the insolent clique.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod