• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

AppealPlay

My Redskins have come alive in the second half!  We just succesfully ran an onside kick! :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 25, 2015, 01:03:27 PM
My Redskins have come alive in the second half!  We just succesfully ran an onside kick! :D
Calling them Redskins is pejorative

AppealPlay

We won 31-30!  Wow!  One of the best games I've ever seen right there.

Lilith

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 25, 2015, 02:21:12 PM

Does the "Happy Dance" with ya.....lol's  ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 25, 2015, 12:36:19 PM
Speaking of horrible teams, are you watching the Texans getting creamed by Miami?

I saw the lopsided score, wow. Maimi is playing hard for the new coach.  I heard about Texans RB Foster getting injured. Out for the season, again. That guy is great, but he should hang it up after this.

eddie dean

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 25, 2015, 02:21:12 PM

The Skins have had a few games like that this season. Last second TD drives to win. Always exciting!

GravitySucks

Quote from: eddie dean on October 25, 2015, 03:37:55 PM
I saw the lopsided score, wow. Maimi is playing hard for the new coach.  I heard about Texans RB Foster getting injured. Out for the season, again. That guy is great, but he should hang it up after this.
I hate seeing him and JJ Watt getting wasted on a bush league team.. But what do I know, I live in Texas but I'm a Bears fan.

eddie dean

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 25, 2015, 03:40:56 PM
I hate seeing him and JJ Watt getting wasted on a bush league team.. But what do I know, I live in Texas but I'm a Bears fan.

John Fox is taking the Bears to the playoffs next season. From what I've seen, Cutler is  playing better than he has in years.

eddie dean

Raiders are taking it to the Chargers right now. wow
37-6

GravitySucks

Quote from: eddie dean on October 25, 2015, 04:01:39 PM
John Fox is taking the Bears to the playoffs next season. From what I've seen, Cutler is  playing better than he has in years.

Don't use the C word in my presence sir.

Eddie Coyle

Julian Edelman,Rob Gronkowski and Brandon LaFell have more drops at this point of the season than last year.

I'm sure has it nothing to do with ball inflation.

heater

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 26, 2015, 06:41:10 PM
   Julian Edelman,Rob Gronkowski and Brandon LaFell have more drops at this point of the season than last year.

I'm sure has it nothing to do with ball inflation.

is this true?  if so that is awesome.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: themudking on October 26, 2015, 07:16:15 PM

Yeah, Lafell had FIVE drops yesterday. His first game of the year. In Carolina he was known for butter fingers, but it was "cured" in New England last year. Hmm. And Edelman is second in the league in drops this year. Unofficially, he has at least 7 this year, opposed to 3 as of last October.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 26, 2015, 07:59:00 PM
  Yeah, Lafell had FIVE drops yesterday. His first game of the year. In Carolina he was known for butter fingers, but it was "cured" in New England last year. Hmm. And Edelman is second in the league in drops this year. Unofficially, he has at least 7 this year, opposed to 3 as of last October.

D.Thomas from the Broncos has to be in the number one spot for drops.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on October 26, 2015, 07:16:15 PM

Indeed! So much for the argument that reducing the pressure in the  balls gives no advantage to the WR.
IT"S IN THE DATA! ;)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on October 26, 2015, 11:31:39 PM
D.Thomas from the Broncos has to be in the number one spot for drops.

Quote from: eddie dean on October 26, 2015, 11:37:32 PM
Indeed! So much for the argument that reducing the pressure in the  balls gives no advantage to the WR.
IT"S IN THE DATA! ;)

Thomas has been atrocious this year, I've seen at least 5 plain as day drops by him in the Broncos games I've watched live. Definitely at the top.

The only "fumbler" the Patriots have had since THE DEFLATOR started working for the Pats about 10 years ago was Stevan Ridley. He was often benched for it. The Pats have been the perennial league leader in not fumbling since THE DEFLATOR arrived.

There are no coinshodenshes!

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 28, 2015, 02:56:28 PM

Thomas has been atrocious this year, I've seen at least 5 plain as day drops by him in the Broncos games I've watched live. Definitely at the top.

The only "fumbler" the Patriots have had since THE DEFLATOR started working for the Pats about 10 years ago was Stevan Ridley. He was often benched for it. The Pats have been the perennial league leader in not fumbling since THE DEFLATOR arrived.

There are no coinshodenshes!

His numerous drops in the browns game alone, surely put him in the lead. He's been prone to drops his entire career in the NFL. At least in the top15 each year. He's on par to  drop a baker's dozen this season. ugh. He got paid in the off season, so what does he care.

Nice pool  picks last week btw. 12pts won the week. What's your secret?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on October 28, 2015, 11:07:33 PM
His numerous drops in the browns game alone, surely put him in the lead. He's been prone to drops his entire career in the NFL. At least in the top15 each year. He's on par to  drop a baker's dozen this season. ugh. He got paid in the off season, so what does he care.

Nice pool  picks last week btw. 12pts won the week. What's your secret?

It's ironic that his drops are being pinned on his QB, when he's the issue-like you pointed out, it's nothing new. But that's how bad the anti-Manning sentiment has become.

Thanks, I had two upsets help me. I picked Jacksonville and New Orleans and purely based on their opponent's discord. In my degenerate gambler days I often used that formula, basically picking against than for. The "QB/Coach" combo thing I also found helpful. As in, pick the smarter combo. When the world picked The Vikings to beat the Falcons in the NFC Championship in Jan,1999...I said, "Reeves-Chandler" smarter than "Green-Cunningham" and thank you Gary Anderson!

Eddie Coyle

And those of you who thought the Dolphins were "for real" after rolling The Titans and Texans... ::)

eddie dean

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/31/49ers-cut-australian-rugby-star-jarryd-hayne/

Jarryd Hayne cut by the 49ers. I wonder if it's front page news in Australia?
He'll probably catch on somewhere else or be signed to the practice squad.
I hope he can learn the game a bit better & play in the NFL again someday.  It was fun to watch him run people over in preseason.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle pick him up, they were interested in him before SF signed him, and SF and Seattle have signed several of each others cut players the past few years, if only to keep them for a week or two.

I don't think NFL football is just something a person comes to camp to learn, though.  This guy couldn't even get past the idea of staying away from a punt unless it could be fielded cleanly.  Then there were the blocking assignments when playing on offense...

It's wasn't just him though, they're an owner, front office, coach, and about half a roster away from being a contender.

akwilly

Quote from: eddie dean on October 31, 2015, 03:06:29 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/31/49ers-cut-australian-rugby-star-jarryd-hayne/

I hope he can learn the game a bit better & play in the NFL again someday.  It was fun to watch him run people over in preseason.
Jaz gotta be bummed

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on October 31, 2015, 03:06:29 PM

Despite you breaking the news to me I just checked my city's major news papers online site and it is indeed the top story. Obviously won't make today's front page but I'll let you know if it's on tomorrow's.

Oh well. Time for me to choose a new favourite team. Is there room at the Broncos?