• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

Quote from: akwilly on September 28, 2015, 07:02:57 PM
Tebow to San Fran?

Tebow, Terrell Pryor, RG3, Cam Newton, Kaepernick, the Wildcat, the Pistol, I think the jury is in on bringing the college game, and QBs who mostly excel in the parts of the game that don't transfer well, to the NFL

If a person is an outstanding athlete and wants to be an NFL QB, maybe they shouldn't go to a college that doesn't run the pro-set, just a thought.

eddie dean

Start of week 4 tonight
Get your pick in before kickoff tonight @ 5:25pm PT/8:25pm ET

starrmtn001

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 09:17:35 AM
Start of week 4 tonight
Get your pick in before kickoff tonight @ 5:25pm PT/8:25pm ET

Just finished my picks for Week 4. ;)

eddie dean

Steelers sent this directive to the media this morning: Michael Vick wants to be referred to as Mike Vick from now on.
Curious that a 35 y/o NFL veteran wants to shorten his name now. I'd understand a change  when he came back into the league several years ago after serving time in prison for animal cruelty, but why now?  Is the  Michael 'brand' in trouble or something. He's still a scumbag no matter what he's referred to by CBS.

It is entertaining to hear the announcers constantly correct themselves.
"Michael,, er um Mike" ;D

gabrielle

Could it be he is a changed man?  I know I know....unlikely...but...maybe?

heater

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 06:56:43 PM

It is entertaining to hear the announcers constantly correct themselves.
"Michael,, er um Mike" ;D

I heard Phil Sims correct himself and wondered what the hell that was about.  This is Michae...Mike Vicks world.  we just live in it.

akwilly

Quote from: gabrielle on October 01, 2015, 07:00:27 PM
I was at a Dolphin game when Vick played for the Falcons. He came in the game in 3rd quarter after Chandler got hurt. It might have been the first game Vick played. He was amazing. I thought he was going to be one of the best. He was just so much faster than any person on the field. He ran full speed to his left and flicked the ball 60 yards into the end zone and hit his guy perfectly. I'm not a fan of his but will always remember that throw.

eddie dean

Quote from: gabrielle on October 01, 2015, 07:00:27 PM

Who knows. Maybe a sponsorship deal for Vick or something. Their PR research data determined Michael Vick was not a popular name when  trying to sell dog treats & training collars.  ::)

gabrielle

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 07:14:26 PM
Who knows. Maybe a sponsorship deal for Vick or something. Their PR research data determined Michael Vick was not a popular name when  trying to sell dog treats & training collars.  ::)

Too funny Eddie Dean.  At least they aren't calling him Vicky. :)

eddie dean

Quote from: akwilly on October 01, 2015, 07:14:20 PM
I was at a Dolphin game when Vick played for the Falcons. He came in the game in 3rd quarter after Chandler got hurt. It might have been the first game Vick played. He was amazing. I thought he was going to be one of the best. He was just so much faster than any person on the field. He ran full speed to his left and flicked the ball 60 yards into the end zone and hit his guy perfectly. I'm not a fan of his but will always remember that throw.

No doubt he was an amazing QB for Atlanta. One of the most explosive, highly mobile and accurate QB's back then.  I liked watching him play & he was a lock in my fantasy league one year.
Too bad he shit the bed.

akwilly

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
No doubt he was an amazing QB for Atlanta. One of the most explosive, highly mobile and accurate QB's back then.  I liked watching him play & he was a lock in my fantasy league one year.
Too bad he shit the bed.
His brother Marcus didn't have a chance. I think that if he came out of collage before Mike he woulda been good. He got a taste of the money and lifestyle that Mike had and never felt the pressure to become his own man.

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 06:56:43 PM
Steelers sent this directive to the media this morning: Michael Vick wants to be referred to as Mike Vick from now on.
Curious...

This year former Oregon and SF 49er RB LaMichael James started the season with the Miami Dolphins.  Several weeks ago he informed the media he preferred the name LaMike.  He said he'd always been called LaMike and didn't understand how he became known as LaMichael.

A week later he dropped a punt and the Dolphins released him.

Quote from: akwilly on October 01, 2015, 07:42:19 PM
His brother Marcus didn't have a chance. I think that if he came out of collage before Mike he woulda been good. He got a taste of the money and lifestyle that Mike had and never felt the pressure to become his own man.

Marcus was a first class jerk, along the same lines as, say, Crablegs Winston.  I'm glad he didn't make it. 

Perhaps he was a good guy that turned into an asswipe with a highly developed sense of entitlement due to the money and fame of his brother, perhaps not.

Here's that puke in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2y84tpA2Q

eddie dean

going to OT.
Turning out to be a fairly decent game.  Josh Scobee missing 2 late 4th qtr FG, oops

Edit:
Ravens win by 3
I was beginning to wonder if either team could win this game

trostol

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 09:27:01 PM
going to OT.
Turning out to be a fairly decent game.  Josh Scobee missing 2 late 4th qtr FG, oops

good game..maybe its cause i have Bell in one of my leagues but he should have gotten the ball more down the stretch instead of letting Vick pass those..ducks

Quote from: eddie dean on October 01, 2015, 09:27:01 PM
...  Josh Scobee missing 2 late 4th qtr FG, oops

A few weeks ago, Pittsburgh gave up a draft pick to get him. 

In a couple of days, any team should be able to pick him up for nothing.

coaster

Don't like the Ravens at all, but it was a fun game, especially the OT. Steelers special teams are derpy.

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 01, 2015, 09:50:43 PM
A few weeks ago, Pittsburgh gave up a draft pick to get him. 

In a couple of days, any team should be able to pick him up for nothing.

I was thinking the same thing.
Scobee's confidence was shot and Mike Tomlin couldn't even rely on him to kick a 50+ yard FG to win in OT
Kicker=loneliest job in the NFL

akwilly

Quote from: akwilly on September 28, 2015, 05:24:53 PM
Next week I will be going for 5 in a row. I don't have a good feel on tonights game other than I think Macklin should get open and have a nice game and end KC's recievers TD drought. Andy Reed is a great coach on the road the line is G.B. -5.5. That seems kinda low but I don't have the confidence to bet against Rogers and CO. yet.
It's still early but Seattle -10 seems kinda low. I think the line should be -13.5. So unless it changes I like Seattle -10 and usually wouldn't take a favorite and an over but 43 seems to low. So Seattle -10 and over 43

cweb

Holy crap, what an ending to that game last night!

Scobee is a good kicker, but if he gets too deep inside his own head he implodes. Which is what happened.

Anybody seen this yet?

London Wants an NFL Team, Pronto

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/001/890/916.jpg

LONDON (AP) â€" Britain's treasury chief pushed his case Friday for placing a permanent NFL franchise in London, saying he hoped the league would move a team to the capital within the next five years.

"The real prize, the touchdown for London, would be to get a team based here," Chancellor George Osborne said after a meeting with league executives, team owners and former star players. "I want London to be the global sporting capital."

The meeting came on the same day that the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets arrived in London ahead of their AFC East divisional game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday. It's the first of three NFL games in London this season.

"I am supporting the NFL to bring one of their 32 teams to London permanently and will work with them to make this happen," Osborne said. "Hopefully it is something we could achieve in the next few years, maybe four or five years' time."

Osborne said Britain's Treasury department and tax office were looking at "any barriers" the NFL might face in setting up a London team.

Osborne met at his Downing Street office with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, Jets owner Woody Johnson and NFL executive Mark Waller to discuss the steps needed to locate a franchise here.

"We have always said our goal here is to build a fan base that would be able to support a franchise," Waller said, adding that a timeframe of five or six years from now "feels sort of right."

[OPINION: Football Has No Future Due to Concussions]

The NFL has played 11 regular-season games at Wembley since 2007. This week's Jets-Dolphins game is the first divisional matchup in London. The Jacksonville Jaguars will play the Buffalo Bills on Oct. 25, followed the next week by the Kansas City Chiefs against the Detroit Lions on Nov. 1.

The NFL recently announced a 10-year deal to play at least two games each season at Premier League club Tottenham's new stadium, which is scheduled to open in 2018.

The Jaguars have a four-season deal, which expires in 2016, to play at least one home game per season at Wembley.

Osborne said having an NFL franchise would provide a huge boost to the London economy. His office cited a business study carried out last year that found that the two NFL games played here in 2013 contributed 32 million pounds ($48 million) to the London economy.

A London-based franchise playing eight regular-season home games a year could bring in 102 million pounds ($155 million), according to the study.

Osborne also met with two Hall of Famers, former Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino and Jets running back Curtis Martin. The former players presented Osborne with tem jerseys and an NFL ball, while he gave them a ball from the ongoing Rugby World Cup.

More at site

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 02, 2015, 09:15:06 AM
Anybody seen this yet?

Oh gawd. Gideon Osborne being a Berkshire Hunt again. Nobody here cares. It would be like having a USA cricket team FFS. I remember they tried it a long time ago with a team called the London Monarchs, which didn't work because there isn't the demand. People will go to a couple and then get bored and return to football, or 'soccer' as you insist on calling it. Every so often they try to get something going but it will never happen and will lose everyone money. God, I hate the Tories!

indigoo

So what's the consensus, did Tomsula really rip a fart or not? I'd say yes.

eddie dean

A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  comes your way tonight!
No live show tonight, we will record it and post the podcast at UfoShip.com

Topics:
NFL News
Week 3 Recap
Thursday's Game
Our pool picks
Plus a bunch more

Get your Week 4 Pool Picks in by * 6am PT tomorrow morning
*Due to early game in London

trostol

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 02, 2015, 10:38:42 AM
Oh gawd. Gideon Osborne being a Berkshire Hunt again. Nobody here cares. It would be like having a USA cricket team FFS. I remember they tried it a long time ago with a team called the London Monarchs, which didn't work because there isn't the demand. People will go to a couple and then get bored and return to football, or 'soccer' as you insist on calling it. Every so often they try to get something going but it will never happen and will lose everyone money. God, I hate the Tories!

i think the NFL is lucky only 3 PL games tomorrow..though one being a Everton-Liverpool Derby..NFL will never stand up over there to the PL of course ..and like you said..i think people will get bored before long ..especially if the team isnt good...NFL if it wants to expand should look south of the border first i think then maybe north...or back to LA

cweb

Pretty lame how CBS is using some guy with an accent to do the sponsor bumpers when they return to the London game. Pandering, even.

chefist

GravitySucks

FRIKKIN Bears  - they are trying.

They forget that the goal is to guarantee the number 1 draft pick.