• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

jazmunda

Do you guys have the same issue with refs that I do in my code of football? One week they'll be targeting one type of penalty and will over ref that aspect of the game and then the next week they'll almost ignore that and focus on another area with no consistency on a weekly basis. The over reffing of sports games is the babe of my existence.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on September 27, 2015, 06:12:49 AM
Do you guys have the same issue with refs that I do in my code of football? One week they'll be targeting one type of penalty and will over ref that aspect of the game and then the next week they'll almost ignore that and focus on another area with no consistency on a weekly basis. The over reffing of sports games is the babe of my existence.
Babe or bane Jaz?  I'm so confused, but then it is football. ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on September 27, 2015, 06:12:49 AM

It's the same in the NFL. At the start of last season,  the league instructed the refs to strictly enforce offensive pass interference, defensive holding, and illegal contact.
Pundets speculated how this might affect and perhaps even hamper the defensive minded teams, specifically the dominate Seahawks defense.  The Seahawks ended up going to the Super Bowl for a second year in a row.  The success their CB's had the pervious season by harassing the wide receivers of the opposing team and conceding a few 5 yard holding & pass interference penalties seems to have paid off for them.

TigerLily

I'm at half time on the Atl Dallas game. Great so far and even more fun for me because I don't care who wins. Got to hand it to Romo's back up
Chargers could be doing better but even hard to root for them because it's so good to see AP in such great form
Back to the game

rca

Niners threw 2 pick sixes in the first quarter against the Cardinals.  I have got to stop picking the Niners out of loyalty and face reality.

chefist

Big Red embarrassing San Fran...that secondary looks like a mediocre college team...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on September 27, 2015, 03:02:33 PM
Big Red embarrassing San Fran...that secondary looks like a mediocre college team...

They must look great in practice though with Kaepernick throwing at them.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 27, 2015, 03:25:48 PM
    They must look great in practice though with Kaepernick throwing at them.

Absolutely... 3 interceptions in 9 passing attempts...pewww

UPDATE! 4 out of 10....

eddie dean

The Cards  could score 50 pts with they way they're playing! Oh, and Fitzgerald is playing like a man possessed!

I never would've guessed the Bear vs Seahawk game would be the most competitive of the late games. Seatle is up by 13.
Bills up by 27
Cards up by 31

jazmunda

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 27, 2015, 08:57:08 AM
Babe or bane Jaz?  I'm so confused, but then it is football. ;D

Autocorrect is also the babe of my existence.

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on September 27, 2015, 04:01:09 PM
The Cards  could score 50 pts with they way they're playing! Oh, and Fitzgerald is playing like a man possessed!

Their D is looking like the best in the league...

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on September 27, 2015, 04:06:50 PM
Their D is looking like the best in the league...

Their offense is looking pretty good too, but
Palmer is taking a few too many hits

Quote from: rca on September 27, 2015, 02:44:10 PM
Niners threw 2 pick sixes in the first quarter against the Cardinals.  I have got to stop picking the Niners out of loyalty and face reality.

I'll be surprised if they don't start someone else next week.  They aren't going to win against the Pack anyway, let's see if Gabbert has, um, gotten better. 

In case Kaepernick had topped out (which it sure looks like he has), or even just to push him in camp - with all that extra cap space why didn't they sign a better backup?

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on September 27, 2015, 06:45:29 PM
Go Lions.

I'm looking at you eddie_dean!  :P

I hope you aren't making eye contact when looking at me  :P
Btw, nice job on your picks this week.

Hayne's punt return was fun to watch. At least he caught it this time ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on September 27, 2015, 07:56:44 PM
I hope you aren't making eye contact when looking at me  :P
Btw, nice job on your picks this week.

Hayne's punt return was fun to watch. At least he caught it this time ;)

How dare yew?

I plan to be leading the competition in the next few weeks.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on September 27, 2015, 09:00:05 PM
How dare yew?

I plan to be leading the competition in the next few weeks.
I had planned to lead again this week, but good old EDDIE DEAN had different ideas. >:( ;D

Wait!  What the hell am I fussin' about?  I don't even like football! ;D ;D ;D

chefist

Denver is 3-0 and Collinsworth says they are finding their rhythm.... But I'm not convinced...Denver's offense seems shaky.... The Cardinals and Patriots have found their rhythm!

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on September 27, 2015, 09:48:58 PM
Denver is 3-0 and Collinsworth says they are finding their rhythm.... But I'm not convinced...Denver's offense seems shaky.... The Cardinals and Patriots have found their rhythm!

I'll agree Denver has found their rhythm when they can score at will & put up 35 + points,
win decisively and not have to rely on the defense making big plays  to keep the score close.
have a ballanced offence, or at least 65% pass to - 35% run. They aren't there yet.

The compromise between Manning's preference (shotgun) & Kubiak's system (under center) seems to be the pistol formation.  Manning did look more comfortable tonight in the pistol. It's a step in the right direction.
This team probably couldn't beat ths Pats or GB right now. We'll see how they progress in the weeks to come. 
The big test comes in Nov. when they play GB & NE. Hopfully they can find a rhythm by then.

AvDaBr

Denver is going to have to establish some semblance of a running game eventually.  I don't have a problem with winning ugly, since that's how things tend to trend late in the season.  But play-action has always been a major component of Manning's game, and at this point teams really have no reason to bite.

TigerLily

Quote from: eddie dean on September 27, 2015, 11:31:00 PM
I'll agree Denver has found their rhythm when they can score at will & put up 35 + points,
win decisively and not have to rely on the defense making big plays  to keep the score close.
have a ballanced offence, or at least 65% pass to - 35% run. They aren't there yet.

The compromise between Manning's preference (shotgun) & Kubiak's system (under center) seems to be the pistol formation.  Manning did look more comfortable tonight in the pistol. It's a step in the right direction.
This team probably couldn't beat ths Pats or GB right now. We'll see how they progress in the weeks to come. 
The big test comes in Nov. when they play GB & NE. Hopfully they can find a rhythm by then.
My area didn't show this game but is Denver's D doing their job?Not good have to score in the mid-30s just to win a game. I'm assuming from the score the O line is protecting Peyton well

TigerLily

Quote from: TigerLily on September 27, 2015, 11:51:44 PM
My area didn't show this game but is Denver's D doing their job?Not good have to score in the mid-30s just to win a game. I'm assuming from the score the O line is protecting Peyton well
Wow. I must have been in a serious time slip. Got my former/present QB's confused. I blame it on the Blood Moon

eddie dean

Quote from: AvDaBr on September 27, 2015, 11:44:23 PM
Denver is going to have to establish some semblance of a running game eventually.  I don't have a problem with winning ugly, since that's how things tend to trend late in the season.  But play-action has always been a major component of Manning's game, and at this point teams really have no reason to bite.

Indeed. If they can't get the running game going and then use play action, I fear we'll see a repeat of last season where Manning's 39 y/o body can't sustain it & gives out in December. Manning doesn't need to be throwing 40-50 times a game. Kub's run offence w/ PM under center was the fix, in theory anyway. Adjustments to the pistol seem to be working.  I can't complain with a 3-0 start. A W is a W.

eddie dean

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 02:42:23 PM
Wow. I must have been in a serious time slip. Got my former/present QB's confused. I blame it on the Blood Moon

Lol. The blood moon does funny things. ;D
Denver's D was dominant once again last night & the O line protected Manning much better. No sacks of PM vs the Lions. The run game still needs work however. I'm making the mistake of comparing this team's scoring potential w/ last years team. Denver has won 3 close games this year and that's something that I'm not used to. Winning by 1 score is more entertaining however, especially when the game ends on a defensive take away like the week 1 Ravens game and week 2 Cheifs game.

akwilly

Quote from: akwilly on September 25, 2015, 07:32:25 PM
Am now going for 4 in a row. my pick is Vikings -2.5. Peterson and company have owned the Chargers and until Gates gets back I don't like Chargers to have any red zone offence.
Next week I will be going for 5 in a row. I don't have a good feel on tonights game other than I think Macklin should get open and have a nice game and end KC's recievers TD drought. Andy Reed is a great coach on the road the line is G.B. -5.5. That seems kinda low but I don't have the confidence to bet against Rogers and CO. yet.

The fallout from the 49er game from the sports writers and sports talk radio is pretty fercious.  With good reason.

Not a single word in the defense of Kaepernick from anyone I've heard.  The Defense, Offensive Line, and Coaching are being pummeled as well. 

Kaepernick's faults have been well documented, and they were supposed to have been addressed and fixed over the offseason.  He's not different or better in any respect.  Doesn't sound like they are going to sit him next week though, maybe it's too early (in the week, or in the season).  If he is to play, they should throw out the playbook and just run the Pistol the way they did it when he first took over and the system he was in at Nevada.  If he gets hurt running that in the NFL, then he gets hurt, but he's being paid $18 million to produce.

akwilly

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 28, 2015, 06:58:57 PM
The fallout from the 49er game from the sports writers and sports talk radio is pretty fercious.  With good reason.

Not a single word in the defense of Kaepernick from anyone I've heard.  The Defense, Offensive Line, and Coaching has been pummeled as well. 

Kaepernicks faults have been well documented, and they were supposed to have been addressed and fixed over the offseason.  He's not different or better in any respect.  Doesn't sound like they are going to sit him next week though, maybe it's too early.  If he is to play, they should throw out the playbook and just run the Pistol the way they did it when he first took over and the system he was in at Nevada.  If he gets hurt running that in the NFL, then he gets hurt, but he's being paid $18 million to produce.
Tebow to San Fran?