The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 16, 2015, 02:28:00 PM
    Pete Carroll really has not changed much since his Jets/Pats days in terms of his teams lacking discipline and when things go bad, there's no respect for him from his players. The players don't fear him, he's probably the most lax head coach in the NFL. His press conferences feature him double talking, lying and evading. Sound clips of his 1997 press conferences are still played on Boston radio, because his "we're pumped and jacked" rah rah bullshit gets old real fast.

He was exactly the same at USC.  He coaches his players - especially on defense - to take cheap shots, late hits, hits out of bounds, he coaches pass interference, anything really, just all around cheating and dirty play.  He figures the refs won't see everything, won't call everything.  And he's right.   

No discipline whatsoever, his players love him - until the losing starts.  Hopefully this is the year the wheels come off in Seattle.  But Seattle is 1-3 on the road against the Rams in the Russell Wilson era (2012-current), and 14-7 on the road against everyone else, so it may be a bit early to celebrate the fall of Pete Carroll in Seattle based on last week.


No matter what Jim Harbaugh says or does, I love the guy.  It was a great day for college football when his Stanford team went down to USC in 2009 and drubbed them 55-21 - running up the score and even going for a 2 point conversion late in the game.  Everyone in the Pac 10 cheered that game, so detested is Pete Carroll and USC (this after Harbaugh and Stanford beating them 24-23 as 41 point underdogs, and ending a USC home winning streak of 35 games in 2007)

The post game handshake after the 2009 game was epic "what's you deal, what's your deal" asked Pete, eyes bugging out.  "What's your deal" responded Harbaugh as he shook hands and trotted off the field

heater

 Congrats to our league leaders kimmi34 & LadyFish!

Week 2 starts tonight. Be sure to make your picks before the game begins. 

Broncos vs Chiefs.  Will Peyton's arm last 4 quarters?  Will Alex Smith throw a touchdown to a WR?

Do you guys want me to use the notification system to remind you about games or posting here enough?


gabrielle

Quote from: themudking on September 17, 2015, 07:46:57 AM
Congrats to our league leaders kimmi34 & LadyFish!

Week 2 starts tonight. Be sure to make your picks before the game begins. 

Broncos vs Chiefs.  Will Peyton's arm last 4 quarters?  Will Alex Smith throw a touchdown to a WR?

Do you guys want me to use the notification system to remind you about games or posting here enough?

Themudking....who do you favour....bills or pats?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 16, 2015, 03:37:15 PM
He was exactly the same at USC.  He coaches his players - especially on defense - to take cheap shots, late hits, hits out of bounds, he coaches pass interference, anything really, just all around cheating and dirty play.  He figures the refs won't see everything, won't call everything.  And he's right.   

No discipline whatsoever, his players love him - until the losing starts.  Hopefully this is the year the wheels come off in Seattle.  But Seattle is 1-3 on the road against the Rams in the Russell Wilson era (2012-current), and 14-7 on the road against everyone else, so it may be a bit early to celebrate the fall of Pete Carroll in Seattle based on last week.


No matter what Jim Harbaugh says or does, I love the guy.  It was a great day for college football when his Stanford team went down to USC in 2009 and drubbed them 55-21 - running up the score and even going for a 2 point conversion late in the game.  Everyone in the Pac 10 cheered that game, so detested is Pete Carroll and USC (this after Harbaugh and Stanford beating them 24-23 as 41 point underdogs, and ending a USC home winning streak of 35 games in 2007)

The post game handshake after the 2009 game was epic "what's you deal, what's your deal" asked Pete, eyes bugging out.  "What's your deal" responded Harbaugh as he shook hands and trotted off the field

       Pete bringing Snoop Dogg to practices, letting Tom Cruise hang around and throw the ball around. LA was perfect for him. But he knew the NCAA bloodhounds were on his trail, so off to Seattle he goes. But that Stanford upset in '07 was beautiful. Unexpected and a punch to the jaw that rattled Carroll. Harbaugh got in his head that day, and as you note, in '09 finally got a chance to stomp him as Pete was thinking about slithering out of town that season anyway.

      Harbaugh was awesome during that '95 run for the Colts and only Aaron Bailey's butter fingers in the end zone kept the Steelers from another massive choke at 3 Rivers. Harbaugh is wrongly blamed for Ditka's end in Chicago, and I think he has a chip on his shoulder to this day from that shit treatment in Chicago.

starrmtn001

Quote from: themudking on September 17, 2015, 07:46:57 AM
Congrats to our league leaders kimmi34 & LadyFish!

Week 2 starts tonight. Be sure to make your picks before the game begins. 

Broncos vs Chiefs.  Will Peyton's arm last 4 quarters?  Will Alex Smith throw a touchdown to a WR?

Do you guys want me to use the notification system to remind you about games or posting here enough?
I have this week ready to go, but thanks for the heads up.  I forgot whom I picked, I'll have to go back and look. :-[

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on September 17, 2015, 07:46:57 AM

Do you guys want me to use the notification system to remind you about games or posting here enough?

My 2 cents:
I think you should continue to use the espn email notifications. We can post reminders in this thread as well. If people don't want the email reminders from espn, they can inactivate them in their user settings on the pool page.

On the pool page:  Click 'Home" in upper right (in the black sub heading bar)
Click 'user settings' link under your user name at the top
Scroll to bottom of page and select 'inactivate' under, email reminders,
then click  'save settings' at the bottom of the page

eddie dean

Quote from: gabrielle on September 17, 2015, 12:40:47 PM
Themudking....who do you favour....bills or pats?

I'm sure we will speak about this game, and all the other week 2 matchups, on the podcast this Saturday at 5pm PT.
The Bills and Pats game is going to be excellent! A must watch in my household.  I can't wait to see what crazy blitz schemes Rex Ryan has in store for Brady.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on September 17, 2015, 07:46:57 AM
Congrats to our league leaders kimmi34 & LadyFish!


Indeed! Nice job ladies!

Quote

Week 2 starts tonight. Be sure to make your picks before the game begins. 

Broncos vs Chiefs.  Will Peyton's arm last 4 quarters?   Will Alex Smith throw a touchdown to a WR?


I resent that remark sir! I don't entirely disagree however. Tonight will set the tone for the AFC West (Winner will be in first place), and answer some questions about Mannings arm. As well as prove whether Manning can adjust & play well in the new offence.
My heart picks Denver to win this one, but my gut says KC will finally break the 1 & 15 loosing streak against Manning.
I'm struggling on this pool pick.  Who to pick?   :-\
I gotta go with my Broncos, even though they are a +3 point underdog, on the road & playing on a short week.

Edit:
My pool pick is in!
Denver's  defence wins this game for them.
Last week  their D was number 1 (by a significant margin) in 2 categories: 
Total defence  @173
Passing yds @100

8th in the league for rushing yds @ 73
Tied for 4th in points given up @ 13
plus Denver's D got 2 picks, with one going for a TD

KC will show their weak spots on D and Manning will take advantage of it. Fingers crossed.


The "podcast coinflip' pick is in! 
It's heads = home team, KC Cheifs

heater

Quote from: gabrielle on September 17, 2015, 12:40:47 PM
Themudking....who do you favour....bills or pats?

I think the Bills are the real deal. They will bring a lot more energy to this game than they did the Colts.  Brady may wish he didnt have to play in this game.

heater

Quote from: eddie dean on September 17, 2015, 03:20:47 PM


I resent that remark sir! I don't entirely disagree however. Tonight will set the tone for the AFC West (Winner will be in first place), and answer some questions about Mannings arm. As well as prove whether Manning can adjust & play well in the new offence.

Denver's  defence wins this game for them.
Last week  they were number 1 (by a significant margin) in 2 categories: 
Total yds given up @173
Passing yds given up @100
and 8th in the league for rushing yds given up @ 73

KC will show their weak spots on D and Manning will take advantage of it. Fingers crossed.


The "podcast coinflip' pick is in! 
It's heads = home team, KC Cheifs


jazmunda

I got my picks in.

I have a good feeling about this week. I chose my picks based on which mascot I would be preferred to be mauled to death by. What does it mean to get 49ered?

akwilly

Quote from: jazmunda on September 17, 2015, 05:43:55 PM
I got my picks in.

I have a good feeling about this week. I chose my picks based on which mascot I would be preferred to be mauled to death by. What does it mean to get 49ered?
Not sure but prob not much different than getting Packered




TigerLily

I got my teeth sharpened and my game face on. Go Colts. This will be a tough one

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on September 17, 2015, 06:01:39 PM
Or Cleveland "Browned"

Now that's just out right disgusting. Eddie you always take it one step too far.  :o

akwilly

the over under on tonights game is 42.5 and KC -3. If I was in Vegas I would have taken Denver +3 and the over 42.5




Eddie Coyle


   Andy Reid gagging a game away in the final moments. Shocking.

    On the bright side, Wendy's is open until 2.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 17, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
   Andy Reid gagging a game away in the final moments. Shocking.

    On the bright side, Wendy's is open until 2.

LOL chow down that frustration...yea, that pretty much sums up his career...Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on September 17, 2015, 09:59:44 PM
LOL chow down that frustration...yea, that pretty much sums up his career...Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

   The onions in his mustache will make the loss easy to cope with.

    Alex Smith is not a QB to mount a comeback with. He makes Peyton's arm look like Elway's circa 1984.

eddie dean

What a game!
Den gets the win & their D is looking damn good!


zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on September 17, 2015, 10:03:36 PM
What a game!
Den gets the win & their D is looking damn good!

I'm no Den fan but no KC fan either, so I couldn't help but enjoy the wild game and crazy ending. 

I have a question for football experts though .. Has it always been a fair thing to do to just full-strength try to punch the ball out of someone's grip?  Seems like some of those fumbles were unavoidable unless you're like Doc Octopus from Spiderman.

TigerLily

What an awesome game! Who says Peyton is getting ...ahem ... long in the tooth

heater

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 17, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
    On the bright side, Wendy's is open until 2.

You're ability to find the positive is awe inspiring!  Think I'll go grab a Frosty now.




Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod