• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

eddie dean

A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  comes your way tonight!

Topics:
Brady will play opening day
Tebow Cut
NFC Division breakdown & predictions
Get your Thursday game pool pick submitted by the 10th
Plus a bunch more

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

Anyone can join & it's free!
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2015/en/group?groupID=77354

The Pool name is:  Bellgab - NFL Podcast
Password is: bellgab

Weekly pool is for regular season games.
Week 1 of the NFL season starts Sept 10! Less than a week to sign up and play!
(Listen tonight for more details.)

We hope you can join us!

starrmtn001

Quote from: eddie dean on September 05, 2015, 02:00:25 PM
A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  comes your way tonight!

Topics:
Brady will play opening day
Tebow Cut
NFC Division breakdown & predictions
Get your Thursday game pool pick submitted by the 10th
Plus a bunch more

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

Anyone can join & it's free!
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2015/en/group?groupID=77354

The Pool name is:  Bellgab - NFL Podcast
Password is: bellgab

Weekly pool is for regular season games.
Week 1 of the NFL season starts Sept 10! Less than a week to sign up and play!
(Listen tonight for more details.)

We hope you can join us!

WHOO-HOO!!!  LET'S DO THIS!!! ;D

Quote from: jazmunda on September 05, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
I hope you talk about Aussie Jarryd Hayne making the final cut with the 49ers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-06/jarryd-hayne-named-in-san-francisco-49ers-final-nfl-squad/6751936?pfm=ms&section=sport

Paper Boy thoughts?

Nope, not really, I haven't really watched any football yet other than some highlights - although he has been impressive in those

Quote from: jazmunda on September 05, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
I hope you talk about Aussie Jarryd Hayne making the final cut with the 49ers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-06/jarryd-hayne-named-in-san-francisco-49ers-final-nfl-squad/6751936?pfm=ms&section=sport

Paper Boy thoughts?

It's interesting the interest he is apparently generating from Australia.  This reminds me of Japanese or Korean athletes who play baseball here and are followed around by hordes of reporters from their home countries - although now that they are more commonplace in MLB that's tapered off a bit.

pate

Yesterday was also the "first" day of college football, unless you count Thursday, or whichever...

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 06, 2015, 02:27:00 AM
It's interesting the interest he is apparently generating from Australia.  This reminds me of Japanese or Korean athletes who play baseball here and are followed around by hordes of reporters from their home countries - although now that they are more commonplace in MLB that's tapered off a bit.

American football isn't on the radar here unless it's the Super Bowl or an Aussie is involved.

Do any of you recall a Aussie punter for the Chargers in the 90s called Darren Bennett? He played Aussie Rules Football for my team before switching to NFL once he retired.

ShayP

Quote from: jazmunda on September 06, 2015, 04:54:32 AM
American football isn't on the radar here unless it's the Super Bowl or an Aussie is involved.

Do any of you recall a Aussie punter for the Chargers in the 90s called Darren Bennett? He played Aussie Rules Football for my team before switching to NFL once he retired.

I recall Bennett.  Very good punter.  Big, tough guy too.  I know the Jarryd Hayne story is more sexy, but the Steelers have an Aussie punter named Jordan Berry.  In fact he beat out incumbent Brad Wing for the job.  Both are from Melbourne.  It was the first time in the NFL that two Australians competed against each other for one spot.  Wing was traded to the Giants.

Lilith

Quote from: eddie dean on September 05, 2015, 10:04:02 PM
New episode is avaliable here

Thanks for listening

Thank You eddie dean...I missed it live this week to my dismay.  GO BILLS!!!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 06, 2015, 04:54:32 AM

Maybe the best all around punter of his era, booming kicks and if required he could hit the returner with force. He had to be 6'4" at least and probably best athlete of 1990's/early 2000's punters.

gabrielle

Cassel has re-signed with the Bills in the no. 2 spot.  What do you guys think?

eddie dean

Quote from: gabrielle on September 08, 2015, 04:30:11 PM
Cassel has re-signed with the Bills in the no. 2 spot.  What do you guys think?

That tells me Rex Ryan has little confidence in EJ's ability as a backup QB.

Lilith

Quote from: eddie dean on September 08, 2015, 05:22:34 PM
That tells me Rex Ryan has little confidence in EJ's ability as a backup QB.

Bingo!!!  I think Buffalosaurus Rex is RIGHT on that call!!!

ComeBackArt

I'm mostly just a lurker on BellGab with little to no time to actually read or participate in any of the threads, but I am a big fan of the podcasts, including this one. Great work so far guys. Good listening. Keep it up!

And thanks for the Pick Em action, too. I have two pick sets in the ESPN league, a "real" one where I'm picking with my head and "rando" one where I'm picking based on which of the two represented cities I'd prefer to live in. We'll see which one works out better. Good luck everyone!

akwilly

Please explain anyone what the hell is up with Tebow. How can he get cut and then the eagles pick up an undrafted qb? Also I wonder what the chatter would be from the Stephen A Smiths of the world if Tebow were black?

CoolTen10

These coaches decisions are hard to understand. I thought Tebow looked good in preseason.

What is the problem with Manuel? Why is Ryan down on him?

akwilly

Quote from: CoolTen10 on September 08, 2015, 10:07:57 PM
These coaches decisions are hard to understand. I thought Tebow looked good in preseason.

I don't think he is so much down with Manuel as much as he is just and average qb at best and I think Rex wants to find his own guy

Quote from: akwilly on September 08, 2015, 09:55:53 PM
Please explain anyone what the hell is up with Tebow. How can he get cut and then the eagles pick up an undrafted qb?...

That whole sequence of events seemed off.

Eagles sign Tebow.  Tebow completes with Barkley for 3rd string QB.  Tebow does well and looks good.  Eagles trade Barkely and Tebow appears to have the job.  Eagles release Tebow, and make a point to say he sucks, it looks like they are going to just keep 2 QBs.  Eagles sign a 3rd QB who spent last season on Jacksonville's practice squad, undrafted out of Univ of Miami.

The Eagles have made quite a few strange moves since hiring Chip Kelly as Head Coach and giving him final say on players.  Add this one to the list.

Their other QBs are the always injured Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez. 

They traded Nick Foles to get Bradford.  Foles has some upside if he plays in the right system, I wouldn't have made that trade.  And Mark Sanchez.  Really?  Mark Sanchez?

cweb

Quote from: CoolTen10 on September 08, 2015, 10:07:57 PM
Manuel is streaky, at best. Some might say that he's really good at shaking off a bad quarter/half to have a good one. I prefer to say that he's inconsistent- and if you're lucky he'll have his "good" time when you're still somewhat in the game.

He's not shown an ability to keep up a good pace. Which is a shame, because he certainly has the physical tools.

heater

Hope everyone is ready for some football!

Here are the winners for the NFC this season as predicted by eddie dean [ED] and myself [CT]

NFC EAST

ED:

Philadelphia Eagles with 12 wins

Runner up:

Dallas Cowboys with 11 wins

CT:

Dallas Cowboys with 11 wins

Runner up:

Philadelphia Eagles with 8 wins

NFC SOUTH

ED:

Atlanta with 9 wins

Runner up:

Carolina Panthers with 8 wins

CT:

Atlanta Falcons with 10 wins

Runner up:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers with 8 wins

NFC WEST

ED:

Arizona Cardinals with 11 wins

Runner up:

Seattle Seahawks with 10 wins

CT:

Arizona Cardinals with 11 wins

Runner up:

Seattle Seahawks with 9 wins

NFC NORTH

ED:

Green Bay Packers with 12 wins

Runner up:

Minnesota Vikings with 8 wins

CT:

Green Bay Packers with 11 wins

Runner up:

Minnesota Vikings with 9 wins

DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP AND MAKE YOUR PICKS 2 HOURS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME TOMORROW HERE: http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2015/en/group?groupID=77354 Password: bellgab

akwilly

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 09, 2015, 02:17:32 AM
That whole sequence of events seemed off.

Eagles sign Tebow.  Tebow completes with Barkley for 3rd string QB.  Tebow does well and looks good.  Eagles trade Barkely and Tebow appears to have the job.  Eagles release Tebow, and make a point to say he sucks, it looks like they are going to just keep 2 QBs.  Eagles sign a 3rd QB who spent last season on Jacksonville's practice squad, undrafted out of Univ of Miami.

The Eagles have made quite a few strange moves since hiring Chip Kelly as Head Coach and giving him final say on players.  Add this one to the list.

Their other QBs are the always injured Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez. 

They traded Nick Foles to get Bradford.  Foles has some upside if he plays in the right system, I wouldn't have made that trade.  And Mark Sanchez.  Really?  Mark Sanchez?
Maybe I am wrong but I also don't recall hearing any of Tebows ex teamates coming to his defense. Only Urban Meyer has spoke up favorable to him that I know of. Don't recall anyone from Philly, New England, Jets or Denver or Univ of Florida except Urban. So ya there has to be something we don't know behind the scenes.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: akwilly on September 09, 2015, 08:14:51 PM
Maybe I am wrong but I also don't recall hearing any of Tebows ex teamates coming to his defense. Only Urban Meyer has spoke up favorable to him that I know of. Don't recall anyone from Philly, New England, Jets or Denver or Univ of Florida except Urban. So ya there has to be something we don't know behind the scenes.

Though Tebow is likely to meet his former Urban Meyer teammates again someday as he visits them via the Christian Prison Ministry.

CoolTen10

Peter King of SI predicts Green Bay over Philly in NFC Champ.

I think it will be the other way around. The Philly D is gonna be dam good this year.

akwilly

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 09, 2015, 08:28:41 PM
   Though Tebow is likely to meet his former Urban Meyer teammates again someday as he visits them via the Christian Prison Ministry.
nice!

Quote from: jazmunda on September 09, 2015, 08:21:13 PM
All aboard The Hayne Train. Go Niners.

Welcome aboard, Jaz.

he's one of the few bright spots this season. He's already doing and saying the right things. All he needs is a chance. And with Reggie Bush really the only person in his way, he'll get a fair chance this season

jazmunda

Quote from: ASC on September 10, 2015, 12:04:56 AM
Welcome aboard, Jaz.

he's one of the few bright spots this season. He's already doing and saying the right things. All he needs is a chance. And with Reggie Bush really the only person in his way, he'll get a fair chance this season

I've been aboard since 1988/89.

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8423.msg475941#msg475941