• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150807 - Travis Walton, Abductee - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 07, 2015, 09:07:07 PM

Spinner

Quote from: maren on August 07, 2015, 10:12:19 PM
I seem to remember him being more reticent -- he'd answer questions just fine, but tonight he's just downright chatty.  Anybody agree?
I agree. Much more relaxed and confident. I guess it's the result of acceptance and maturity.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MABUSE on August 07, 2015, 10:37:41 PM
I'm half-tempted to change my superhero name to "Artic [sic] Chaga" just cuz it sounds so badass.
The super power would be something akin to "Colon Blow" I suspect.  Which would lead to the power to cause crippling social embarrassment
if nothing else. 
**M**
Hi MABUSE! :D

Jackstar

Quote from: coaster on August 07, 2015, 10:37:03 PM
I used to give you shit son. Now I think I may need a toke or ten. Your nonsense jibber jabber is growing on m3. White flag. I give up. I am down with herb. Just need a damn translation half the time. Cheers bud.

It's not so bad. I've seen worse today.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: coaster on August 07, 2015, 10:37:03 PM
I used to give you shit son. Now I think I may need a toke or ten. Your nonsense jibber jabber is growing on m3. White flag. I give up. I am down with herb. Just need a damn translation half the time. Cheers bud.
wer all human🍄🍄

eddie dean

I believe Travis's story, but they dwell way too much on the significance of the lie detector results. It doesn't mean anything in my opinion. Remember,  We are talking about a  lie dector in 1975. Using 1975 technology, methods and interpretation of the results. Even today's computer based LD's are unreliable at best. There is a reason they don't allow LD in the courts.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MABUSE on August 07, 2015, 10:41:53 PM
HEY MATE!
Have a drink!
Why, thank you kind sir (glug glug glug glug) . . . aaaaaaa . . . that was guuud. ;D

ChandlersDad

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 07, 2015, 10:10:28 PM
Gawd...who names a town Snowflake? sheesh

Walt Disney?  The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show invented Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.

michio

Speculation time. I wonder if Travis has ever thought that the craft he and the others saw could be considered an independent entity/AI, in that it may have zapped him because "it" thought Travis was an immediate threat based on his movements, etc.  It defended itself and Travis paid for his bravado and curiosity. For all we know, there may have been no beings (as we understand them to be) on the craft Travis witnessed, and it may have been a scout/exploratory ship with the sole purpose of collecting data/observing the environment.

MABUSE

Intriguing and entertaining as Walton's tale is, I would be happier if the constant asides to compare to and correct the film were saved for a separate section.  It sidetracks the narrative for me.  Since we have not heard the latest version, it would be nice to let him spill it complete before the sidetracking occurs.
**M**

Were their medical devices beside him? Any writings on surfaces? Languages? Symbols?

rtz

Why didn't they try and get the movie more accurate?

ShayP

Quote from: rtz on August 07, 2015, 10:46:38 PM

Would've been boring I suppose.

RoseGirl

Gawd.....he puts us right in the picture, eh?

rosbells

I adore the name Snowflake.  I'd live to be named that myself.

Oh, Travis, I'm so relieved for you. You sound like you're in such a better headspace.

I've got a bad headache brewing tonight. Hope I can make it all three hours.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 07, 2015, 10:33:23 PM
Only $16.95 + S&H  8)

Are you really the right wing loon actor who now stars in cheesy right wing Christian movies that Rotten Tomatoes gives almost a zero rating?

MABUSE

Quote from: rtz on August 07, 2015, 10:46:38 PM

Because films are created by groupthink under the aegis of marketing pimps who care nothing for truth and are convinced that altering reality for marketability is no crime and no sin.  Is it any wonder our political perception is what it is?  Ha!
**M**

ShayP

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 07, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
Are you really the right wing loon actor who now stars in cheesy right wing Christian movies that Rotten Tomatoes gives almost a zero rating?

Way to break the ice. LOL!  A simple 'hello' might do.  ;D

ChandlersDad

I have had some early interviews with Travis. Now he sounds so old. Hope he is healthy.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: ShayP on August 07, 2015, 10:50:05 PM
Way to break the ice. LOL!  A simple 'hello' might do.  ;D

I did some research on the guy.  He is famous not for his acting now but more for his narrow minded right wing ranting on Alex Jones and other interviews.

Catops

Quote from: eddie dean on August 07, 2015, 10:42:32 PM
I believe Travis's story, but they dwell way too much on the significance of the lie detector results. It doesn't mean anything in my opinion. Remember,  We are talking about a  lie dector in 1975. Using 1975 technology, methods and interpretation of the results. Even today's computer based LD's are unreliable at best. There is a reason they don't allow LD in the courts.

Yeah.  If you look at the literature on police interrogation methods, the purpose of the lie detector is less to detect lies (it can't, reliably) as to put a person in a situation where they feel they must tell the truth because lies will be instantly discovered by scientific methods.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MABUSE on August 07, 2015, 10:49:35 PM
Because films are created by groupthink under the aegis of marketing pimps who care nothing for truth and are convinced that altering reality for marketability is no crime and no sin.  Is it any wonder our political perception is what it is?  Ha!
**M**

ShayP

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 07, 2015, 10:51:42 PM
I did some research on the guy.  He is famous not for his acting now but more for his narrow minded right wing ranting on Alex Jones and other interviews.

Oh yeah.  I'm familiar.  Your statement tickled me.  You just got right down to it.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 07, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
Are you really the right wing loon actor ...

As opposed to the left wing loon actors ...  ::)

sydtron

Listening in a darkened basement.  Lit by the computer monitor.    Smoking a camel. Drinking Miller Lite. ...   

ShayP

Quote from: sydtron on August 07, 2015, 10:53:03 PM
Listening in a darkened basement.  Lit by the computer monitor.    Smoking a camel. Drinking Miller Lite. ...

Atmosphere is everything.   8)