• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Famous people you sort of assumed were dead but - WRONG

Started by Camazotz Automat, July 31, 2015, 01:29:26 AM

Richard Anderson,

Best known as Oscar Goldman in The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman television series.

Born AUG 8 1926.

Still kicking Steve Austin's bionic ass at 88 years young. Very soon to be 89. Happy Birthday in advance, you crazy rebuilder you. I will be sure and get plastered on AUG 8.  You do same.

Keep your exploding briefcase out of this.

My glasses are cooler than you ever will be.

Jackstar

Albert Finney. He's only 79. I had this one with my mother the other day, Erin Brockovich was on, and I was all, "Oh yeah that guy he was great," and then...

SURPRISE ABE VIGODA

Quote from: Jackstar on July 31, 2015, 02:18:19 AM
Albert Finney. He's only 79. I had this one with my mother the other day, Erin Brockovich was on, and I was all, "Oh yeah that guy he was great," and then...

SURPRISE ABE VIGODA

Mr. Vigoda has a website that monitors his status

http://www.abevigoda.com/

I was shocked Louie Anderson is alive. I recall him dieing. He is sort of like my Nelson Mandela ( Art Thought he was dead before he was). Anyone recall his cartoon?

John Cleese.

I was certain he passed away from heart disease after he played Q in a bond movie and had felt bad that had been his last hurrah, the cold grip of death never allowing him to gracefully retire after playing that role.

It was a real shock to find out he was still alive a few years later.

Crosby of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.  I'd swear he OD'd
in '95 or so.

Robert

I've embarrassed myself at least once I recall this way.  Corresponding with TV writer Alan Spencer, I expressed my condolences at the death of Leonard Stern.  Alan Spencer e-mailed back that Leonard Stern was alive & well, had seen him recently.  Leonard Stern did die eventually, but it was about 5 years later.

Quote from: Robert on July 31, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
I've embarrassed myself at least once I recall this way.  Corresponding with TV writer Alan Spencer, I expressed my condolences at the death of Leonard Stern.  Alan Spencer e-mailed back that Leonard Stern was alive & well, had seen him recently.  Leonard Stern did die eventually, but it was about 5 years later.

Reports of Leonard's death were greatly exaggerated....

Juan

Somewhat related - how can Jerry Lee Lewis still be alive?

Jackstar

Several years ago, I was certain that Leonard Nimoy was dead. But I was mistaken. Years later, I found out he was still alive, and my giddy glee was a singular emotion I hadn't yet experienced and won't soon forget.

Then he did end up dying, and I was all, "been there, done that." Really, it's all quite logical.

William Schallert
b. JUL 6 1922

Perhaps best known for playing the father on The Patty Duke Show. But he played in a lot of television, from Star Trek to Get Smart and old sci fi films  - as well as more recent television series.

I spotted him as a character in True Blood and was like, "You have GOT to be kidding me. He was 'old' when he played Patty's father."

"The Star Trek prop master told me, 'If you cut open of one of these tribbles and eat the spongy purple center, you will live to be at least ninety-three. Each one is a fur-covered type of philosopher's stone. We had them shipped in from New York from that witch Ira Levin consulted with when he wrote that fucked up Rosemary's Baby book. Don't tell Shatner.'

"So I ate one. I think Bill did, too."

Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost Authority," who turned 101 last week.

Creapy avatar, RGG!  Nice to see you posting a bit once more!  The guy who played Grandpa Munster looked to be about 70 in 1965 and continued to pop up in movies for another 30 years.

wr250

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 02, 2015, 12:34:41 PM
Creapy avatar, RGG!  Nice to see you posting a bit once more!  The guy who played Grandpa Munster looked to be about 70 in 1965 and continued to pop up in movies for another 30 years.
that would be al lewis . and his eyebrows had their own postal code.

Quote from: wr250 on August 02, 2015, 12:44:41 PM
that would be al lewis . and his eyebrows had their own postal code.

Yeah, well, after I hit about 50 my eyebrows went condo, too!  :-(

Juan

Al Lewis was also an NBA scout who showed ap at several college games I covered.

b_dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 02, 2015, 12:23:17 PM
Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost Authority," who turned 101 last week.
WOW.  JUST WOW.

Jackstar

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2015, 08:32:24 PM
WOW.  JUST WOW.

Someone had better ask him the truth about masturbation pretty soon now.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 08:34:15 PM
Someone had better ask him the truth about masturbation pretty soon now.

The answer you seek can be grasped only by discovering it yourself without the assistance of others, Grasshopper.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 02, 2015, 09:54:55 PM
The answer you seek can be grasped only by discovering it yourself without the assistance of others, Grasshopper.

The World's Foremost Authority has the answer to the classic Goldilocks problem--did he live to such a ripe old age while doing it never, always, or once in a while? His data is irreplicable!

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 10:02:50 PM

The World's Foremost Authority has the answer to the classic Goldilocks problem--did he live to such a ripe old age while doing it never, always, or once in a while? His data is irreplicable!

He would probably say that his experience doesn't matter, because it's your responsibility to know when your porridge is "just right."