• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Famous people you sort of assumed were dead but - WRONG

Started by Camazotz Automat, July 31, 2015, 01:29:26 AM

Rix Gins

Saw this original Star Trek hottie in an episode of Perry Mason: The Case of the Sardonic Sergeant ...1958 for crying out loud.  Anyway, she looked really great in that episode so I looked her up on IMDB.  Her name is Barbara Luna and I didn't have much hope of finding her alive but actually she's only 79 years old.  The Star Trek episode she appeared in was  Mirror, Mirror (1967)  She has her own website:  http://www.barbaraluna.com/ and there are lots of cool pics and info.  One interesting part of her website is dedicated to her friends, actors and actresses who are no longer with us.

Jazz singer Keely Smith, who is best known for her musical partnership with then husband Louie Prima, and who appeared in "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum celebrates her 84th birthday today.  I would have bet a nickel she died twenty or thirty years ago.

Dr. Ruth Westheimer - American sex therapist, media personality, and author.

Next month, she reaches ~ the lucky 88 club ~.   (It is rumored she owns a jar full of unopened Blue Kobold® prophylactics that are sixty-years-old.  Some kind of good luck talisman voodoo containment system.)

Born: June 4, 1928 (age 87)

Rix Gins

Remember that Canadian lady who had a sex info show that was similar to Dr. Ruth's?  Well she is Sue Johanson and she is still alive.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Johanson.  She was born on March 16, 1930 (age 86.)  She retired back in 2008.  I remember the dudes that called in kept asking the same question...is it ok to have sex with an older woman?  Sue would always give the same answer, "Absolutely.  Lube! Lube! Lube! For both partners!"

Brody

Morley Shafer and Mr. Ed's buddy.  Well until this week....

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 30, 2015, 03:48:10 AM
Saw this original Star Trek hottie in an episode of Perry Mason: The Case of the Sardonic Sergeant ...1958 for crying out loud.  Anyway, she looked really great in that episode so I looked her up on IMDB.  Her name is Barbara Luna and I didn't have much hope of finding her alive but actually she's only 79 years old.  The Star Trek episode she appeared in was  Mirror, Mirror (1967)  She has her own website:  http://www.barbaraluna.com/ and there are lots of cool pics and info.  One interesting part of her website is dedicated to her friends, actors and actresses who are no longer with us.

Wow!  Never in a million years would I have expected a Barbara Luna post on Bellgab.

She appeared in one of my favorite Hawaii Five O episodes - A Thousand Pardons - You're Dead which was the Season 2 premiere [9/24/69] and
she is right up there at the top of my list for hottest guest star babes on the original Five O.   It is an interesting episode in other ways,
Morton Stevens would win an Emmy for the awesome musical score, it was Loretta Swit's first appearance on TV [although she gets
croaked off early in the episode], Harry Guardino plays the heavy - Sgt. Simms and does a fine job of it, and James Hong does an even
better job of playing a sniveling weasel. 

Danno goes undercover and gets to put the moves on Luna's character:

Episode available online here:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sb6n8

Oh.  And yes.   I'm a bit of a Five-O fanatic.  :P

Rix Gins

Watched an old Sherlock Holmes movie last night called Dressed To Kill that was produced back in 1946.  It was the last of the Sherlock Holmes series that starred Basil Rathbone as Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson.  (14 Holmes movies were made by the duo.)  Patricia Morison played a dark haired beauty that nearly defeated Holmes but of course nobody, but nobody ever gets the upper hand on the great Sherlock Holmes.  I went to IMDB to gain some info on the film and much to my surprise, I found that Ms. Morison is still alive at 101.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Morison

I saw some semi recent pics of Patricia on line and she looks a bit care worn now... my god, who wouldn't at 101 years of age?  I prefer to remember her as I saw her in Dressed To Kill.

Rix Gins

This thread says famous people we thought were dead and in my opinion, Dewey Martin was a famous actor because he starred in quite a number of well known movies and television shows like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits.  A few nights ago I watched 1950's The Thing From Another World and according to IMDB, all of the actors and actresses in that movie are dead, except for one...Dewey Martin. He played crew chief Bob and he was invaluable in figuring out how to defeat the Thing.  (That's him in the center of photo #1.) 

He was a character actor in scads of other movies and television programs.  Perhaps there are several BellGabbers old enough to remember The Outer Limits episode 'The Premonition' (1965) where, as IMDB states, "When a test pilot crashes in his experimental X-15 plane, he and his wife discover they are in a reality where time has slowed down almost to a standstill. Returning to the airbase, they are horrified to see their daughter standing in the path of a moving truck and they seem to be unable to prevent her death."  (Photo #2.)

Anyway, here's a salute to Dewey Martin, an actor I have admired for quite a number of years.  He is currently 92 years old.  PS, there was a rumor circulating that Dewey was a relative of the great actor Strother Martin but this has since been proved to be untrue.     

paladin1991

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 18, 2016, 05:24:57 AM

He was a character actor in scads of other movies and television programs.  Perhaps there are several BellGabbers old enough to remember The Outer Limits episode 'The Premonition' (1965) where, as IMDB states, "When a test pilot crashes in his experimental X-15 plane, he and his wife discover they are in a reality where time has slowed down almost to a standstill. Returning to the airbase, they are horrified to see their daughter standing in the path of a moving truck and they seem to be unable to prevent her death."  (Photo #2.)

I used to watch the Outer Limits on Saturday afternoons as a kid.  That episode is one of two or three that I remember clearly It is a great episode.

Quote from: Camazotz on May 07, 2016, 05:09:54 PM
Dr. Ruth Westheimer - American sex therapist, media personality, and author.

Next month, she reaches ~ the lucky 88 club ~.   (It is rumored she owns a jar full of unopened Blue Kobold® prophylactics that are sixty-years-old.  Some kind of good luck talisman voodoo containment system.)

Born: June 4, 1928 (age 87)

Holy Toledo...

She's still truckin' at 91.

Vitina Marcus - The Green Lady from Lost In Space

hubba hubba

March 1, 1937 (age 82)

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 20, 2016, 10:13:08 AM
I used to watch the Outer Limits on Saturday afternoons as a kid.  That episode is one of two or three that I remember clearly It is a great episode.
Yes, indeed.  Great episode.  Twilight Zone on average probably had better episodes than OL, but there are definitely some memorable ones, like that one.

Bill Pearl - bodybuilder

Born October 31, 1930 (age 89)

Joanne Linville
(born 15 January 1928; age 92)

The hottest Romulan to ever grace Star Trek.  She played in that TZ episode about the civil war as well.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Camazotz on March 05, 2020, 05:44:30 PM
Joanne Linville
(born 15 January 1928; age 92)

The hottest Romulan to ever grace Star Trek.  She played in that TZ episode about the civil war as well.

Things got pretty steamy between her and Spock but he was just playing her the whole time. Nigga had ice in his veins. 8)

Ann Robinson
Born May 25, 1929 (age 90)

Costarred in one of the greatest films of all time: WAR OF THE WORLDS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 05, 2020, 05:46:31 PM
Things got pretty steamy between her and Spock but he was just playing her the whole time. Nigga had ice in his veins. 8)

Spock - the original blue green blood in the hood.

Hog

Uncle Duke

Canadian Actor Graham Greene, probably best known for his role in "Dances with Wolves," but forever endeared to me as explosives enthusiast Edgar KV Montrose on "Red Green."

I'm sure I remember reading he died several years ago.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 05, 2020, 09:32:26 PM
Canadian Actor Graham Greene, probably best known for his role in "Dances with Wolves," but forever endeared to me as explosives enthusiast Edgar KV Montrose on "Red Green."

I liked him best as Leonard, the shaman on Northern Exposure.

albrecht

Shay would likely recall the "Murder, She Wrote" episode.

paladin1991

I liked his role in 'Defiance.'

The Amazing Kreskin

Born: January 12, 1935 (age 85 years)