• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Famous people you sort of assumed were dead but - WRONG

Started by Camazotz Automat, July 31, 2015, 01:29:26 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on August 24, 2020, 03:56:18 PM
Eye Polly Wood...
Not enough quality bourbon in the world for me.  The hogette is all yours, Prez Pate. ;)

Eduard (Billy) Albert Meier

February 3, 1937(age 83)

Bülach/ZH, Switzerland

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 24, 2020, 11:33:44 AM
I worked a lot of wood over her when I was a lad.

Hahaha.

Thnx for the laugh, Paladin. I needed it.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 05, 2020, 01:31:27 AM
EXECUTE OMEGA-22. EXECUTE OMEGA-23. EXECUTE FRUIT STAND.

Look, if I told you... it wouldn't work. That's obvious, right? Good. Stop f****** worrying about it. Stop f****** worrying about ANYTHING. Now, get out there and earn, you f****** Maggots Caterpillars.

Linda (Cracovaner) Marsh

February 8, 1939 (age 81)

Gunsmoke, Hawaii 5-0, The Night Gallery, Mannix! and many many more.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 04, 2020, 10:51:39 PM
Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev
2 March 1931 (age 89)

That’s someone I haven’t heard fake news slobbering over in awhile.

#GorbasmsAreNotForever?  :'(

Roy Thinnes
April 6, 1938 (age 82)

Trivia: in THE INVADERS DVD set, Thinnes talks about his own UFO sighting. That HAD to mess with his head.

Another striking anomaly in this/"your" timeline, and I must say, a pleasant one. Good to see you above ground, John. You funny son of a bitch.

John Allen Astin
March 30, 1930 (age 90)

(Alas, I have yet to trip the faster than light fantastic to any stream in which Lurch (Ted Cassidy) lived even one day past JAN 16, 1979. Interestingly, in this timeline, Ted narrated the television series THE INCREDIBLE HULK.

Fascinating.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 21, 2020, 11:50:01 PM
Roy Thinnes
April 6, 1938 (age 82)

Trivia: in THE INVADERS DVD set, Thinnes talks about his own UFO sighting. That HAD to mess with his head.

That’s another oldie, Quinn Martin production I’ve been re-enjoying recently.  I like how they went with the gig of the time of having the usual guest stars of the era passing through.  Imagine wandering the remote country side, narrowly avoiding sinister aliens, and just by happenstance running into the likes of Susan Oliver?  Now that’s the type of plausibility I prefer.

Morgus

I remember I got one of those Invaders UFO plastic model kits when I was a kid. :)

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on September 24, 2020, 12:56:10 PM
I remember I got one of those Invaders UFO plastic model kits when I was a kid. :)
The Aurora kit?  Ha, yeah, I had one, too.  Nothing like what this guy does, though.  8)

Quote from: ItsOver on September 24, 2020, 09:29:38 AM
I think you might enjoy this, Cam.

http://youtu.be/OOWTjITwnsY

Geeks unite!

Love it. The last time I saw such impressive detail was the high budget SOL in the opening scene of MST3K : THE MOVIE. It was straight out of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY. Trace worked on that one as well as on the original SOL model. Surprised when I saw some footage of him at work on the movie version. Multi talented bastard. I had assumed it had been built SOLely by hired special effects people, given the increased budget.

Now, if we can just get a build of Susan Oliver's build thrown into the mix here, we will really be cooking with alien heat.

That yellow coat of hers is going to require expert dry brush technique else it is going to look like a squash vegetable slathered with Testors YELLOW.

I wish I were not speaking from painful experience.

Rix Gins

Katsumi Tezuka, who wore the original Godzilla suit plus those for other early day Japanese monsters.  108 years old and counting.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 24, 2020, 09:16:15 PM
Katsumi Tezuka, who wore the original Godzilla suit plus those for other early day Japanese monsters.  108 years old and counting.

Cheers to Katsumi-san!

Holy lizard suit, Batman!

Perhaps the best/most surprising person I've ever seen since starting this topic.

Hail Katsumi Tezuka!
God bless Katsumi Tezuka.

108 kicks insane ass.

(salute)

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on September 24, 2020, 08:13:22 AM
That’s another oldie, Quinn Martin production I’ve been re-enjoying recently.  I like how they went with the gig of the time of having the usual guest stars of the era passing through.  Imagine wandering the remote country side, narrowly avoiding sinister aliens, and just by happenstance running into the likes of Susan Oliver?  Now that’s the type of plausibility I prefer.

"A Quinn Martin Production"

Who the hell was Quinn Martin?

paladin1991

It's all that fucking rice.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 27, 2020, 12:16:21 PM
What do you think of "Mr. Show"?

Love it! In fact, I’ve posted several skits from the show here over the years. Here’s a particular fav of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4hp9kz_A4

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
That’s someone I haven’t heard fake news slobbering over in awhile.

#GorbasmsAreNotForever?  :'(

Is that Joe Biden or Eric Honecker getting the old lip lock n’ sniff from Gorby?

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 25, 2020, 09:14:51 PM
"A Quinn Martin Production"

Who the hell was Quinn Martin?
A TV God.  That, or just another BellGab poster.

ItsOver

I know this guy is still around but just now discovered he hit 90 in May of this year!

Keep on truck’n, Rowdy!

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on September 27, 2020, 01:15:05 PM
A TV God.  That, or just another BellGab poster.

Hey what are you trying to pull?  That's fucking Tom Arnold.