• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150730 - John Dvorak - Life Beyond Earth - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 30, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

Wednesday

Thanks. I try to stay stocked up. I have to solidify a buddy plan in the case that there's someone I can walk home with who works with me. I have a friend with a car who also has a pet and I still have to come up with a plan with her in case the city is uninhabitable.
Here's where you can find free guides to download, including having a Pet Disaster Plan: http://www.sf-fire.org/index.aspx?page=864

aldousburbank

Quote from: Robert on July 30, 2015, 10:46:02 PM
Remember the guy who used to come on C2C & "predict" earthquakes on the basis of planetary alignment?  Mostly moon & sun.
Jim Berkland

Noorynoid

Quote from: zeebo on July 30, 2015, 10:41:51 PM
During the '89 Loma Prieta quake I was in the fifth floor of a building in downtown SF.  I watched the BofA building sway outside the window and simultaneously a crack split up the plaster in the wall by my desk.  The lights blipped off as the power went out, and as we started streamed out the lobby it was the most surreal experience has hordes of office workers flooded the streets all at once, stranding cars and buses where they were.

On my way walking back home to the Upper Haight I stopped off at a brew pub and had a pint by candlelight with some other rattled souls trying to take the edge off.  Felt kinda like the bar at the end of the world. 

Scariest thing was the aftershocks which were pretty bad for a couple weeks.  Had other shakers since then but that was the worst.  Now I'm up in the Pac. Northwest, which up until a few weeks ago used to feel pretty safe.  Oh well, the idea that you're really on terra firma is always a bit of an illusion.

I was in an elevator in Sacramento when the 89 quake hit. We could feel the elevator moving left and right as it descended but didn't know what happened until we got in the car and flipped on the radio.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on July 30, 2015, 10:46:02 PM
Remember the guy who used to come on C2C & "predict" earthquakes on the basis of planetary alignment?  Mostly moon & sun.
And by reports of lost cats and dogs.

Catsmile

Quote from: Hautex on July 30, 2015, 10:43:51 PM
  Happened for the last 3 days, took almost 40 minutes to get the site back, but all other sites were without issue.

Herbn-Legend

Hes lucky coqui frogs can be in yur area by the milluons an the sound is defening. Thats nota bird. I am SURE

Robert

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 30, 2015, 10:46:14 PMI was at DFW earlier this year, using my vape pen, when they experienced a 3.4. I thought it was just me at first.
Where can I get that vape?

ChandlersDad

Quote from: zeebo on July 30, 2015, 10:41:51 PM
During the '89 Loma Prieta quake I was in the fifth floor of a building in downtown SF.  I watched the BofA building sway outside the window and simultaneously a crack split up the plaster in the wall by my desk.  The lights blipped off as the power went out, and as we started streamed out the lobby it was the most surreal experience has hordes of office workers flooded the streets all at once, stranding cars and buses where they were.

On my way walking back home to the Upper Haight I stopped off at a brew pub and had a pint by candlelight with some other rattled souls trying to take the edge off.  Felt kinda like the bar at the end of the world. 

Scariest thing was the aftershocks which were pretty bad for a couple weeks.  Had other shakers since then but that was the worst.  Now I'm up in the Pac. Northwest, which up until a few weeks ago used to feel pretty safe.  Oh well, the idea that you're really on terra firma is always a bit of an illusion.

I was living in San Ramon in the East Bay. All the books fell from my bookcases, smashing 2 glass top tables and destroying 2 crystal lamps. I filled the bathtubs with water in case I needed it later, but my 2 dogs jumped into one bathtub. Then they ran around the house shaking their wet fur on everything.

trostol

wouldnt mind living in Hawaii but i here it is like stupid expensive there

Pumamama

Quote from: Wednesday on July 30, 2015, 10:46:32 PM
Thanks. I try to stay stocked up. I have to solidify a buddy plan in the case that there's someone I can walk home with who works with me. I have a friend with a car who also has a pet and I still have to come up with a plan with her in case the city is uninhabitable.
Here's where you can find free guides to download, including having a Pet Disaster Plan: http://www.sf-fire.org/index.aspx?page=864

Wow -- thanks!  Yes, we mustn't forget our pets. I just bought some freeze dried cat food. Unbelievably expensive.

AL5J

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 30, 2015, 10:46:14 PM
I was at DFW earlier this year, using my vape pen, when they experienced a 3.4. I thought it was just me at first.

Yeah north of IH10 east of IH35 has seen a lot. South of San Antonio  all the way east to the LA border. Whacha smokin in that vape pen? lol

Noorynoid

Quote from: Sabu2K on July 30, 2015, 10:41:43 PM
i wanna know if ny is getting a earthquake...

New York is due for a monster glacier that will cover the entire state but you've got about 50,000 years left give or take 10 or 20,000.

Sean92008

Good evening all...  A friendly warning about the evils of cleaning your car windows with vinegar:  Good ventilation is extremely important!

:-/

According to the "Earth Changes" map, I will be living on an island after the San Andreas drops the bogey on the rest of California.

I'll have three days of water, that'll hold me over, yeah.

Filipinas not wanting to go to an exploding volcano???  ;) 

saucerlike

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 30, 2015, 10:23:05 PM
We had a documented earthquake ova 11.0 people were thrown 6ft in2 the air a crashed down az the earth went up. Happnd in the 1800z
Not disputing whether it happened, but I don't think an 11.0 is even possible.  I doubt it would be survivable even if it did actually happen.  What was the name of the location it happened?

someguy

I think we should be able to do bumper music requests, like on open lines

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on July 30, 2015, 10:39:15 PM
WTF with this website. I constantly get "can't be accessed." But if I use a proxy server it always works. Is someone censoring people on this thread?

You are definitely on Steve Quayle's blue or red hit list.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: trostol on July 30, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
$8 gallon milk etc...

PathoJen

Quote from: trostol on July 30, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
That's where I'm planning on going.

Noorynoid

Quote from: Pumamama on July 30, 2015, 10:48:59 PM
Wow -- thanks!  Yes, we mustn't forget our pets. I just bought some freeze dried cat food. Unbelievably expensive.

I was thinking about feeding my pets decomposing flesh from those who did not make it but came to my senses when I realized how barbaric that would be.

Some wacko woman at my work tried to get me to marry her Philippino friend who was about to get deported. She said she would give me $15k to do it. Lol. I declined.