• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Charts: Midnight in the Desert Bumper Music

Started by Dyna-X, July 28, 2015, 12:56:12 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 22, 2015, 11:08:56 PM
Can't think about Enya's "Orinoco Flow" the same way after seeing "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

I think Orinoco Flow would make Art's top 10 of Favorite Songs ever. He played it as a bumper twice on several shows including tonight (8/24):

Dyna-X

For Weds (8/26). A special dedication to Art's friend Ben: "Highwayman".

Dyna-X

Tuesday 09/01: Patrick Burns and his collection of EVPs!

Dyna-X

Weds 09/02 with Peter Davenport.  Did Art miss a break? It was an exciting show, so I wouldn't be surprised!

AppealPlay

Slow Hand is a great song.  Thanks for the charts as always! :)

Dyna-X

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 03, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
Slow Hand is a great song.  Thanks for the charts as always! :)
Yes indeed, and your are welcome, sir! Here is last nights charts (9/03):

Dyna-X

Ohh, here's an older one I owe you guys from Monday (8/31) with David Darling.  #4 sounded like a more modern kind of like a Nora Jones-ish coffee shop kind of tune, no ideas here. #15 I missed because my cat was startled by a raccoon and I had to calm her.

Dyna-X

Art picked all time classic bumpers for tonights show as if he knew its gonna be historic :) Friday, 09/04 with Mike "Madman" Marcum.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 05, 2015, 12:57:19 AM
Art picked all time classic bumpers for tonights show as if he knew its gonna be historic :) Friday, 09/04 with Mike "Madman" Marcum.

Thank you for compiling these lists each night.  And in green-screen too.   8)

Dyna-X

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 05, 2015, 01:43:27 AM
Thank you for compiling these lists each night.  And in green-screen too.   8)

Thanks, Redacted! :)  Now...back to my project ;)

Dyna-X

Monday (9/07) - Art's first interview with David Paulides, AFAIK. Art's skillfull interviewing has brought out a very cutting edge interview...locking the doors tonight and I don't even live near a National Park or Urban campus.

Dyna-X

Tuesday (09/08) with Debbie Anderson.  After the topic of Bast came up Art played "Year of the Cat" :) And there was an unusual double bump of "Who Loves You"

AppealPlay

Hah!  Art make a boo boo and played Who Loves You back to back. ;D

Dyna-X

Now I need pie or a sandwich or something, anything...Weds (09/09)

AppealPlay

You know, now that I think about it I don't believe Art has played "Ride My See-Saw" by The Moody Blues yet!

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 10, 2015, 01:00:21 AM
Now I need pie or a sandwich or something, anything...Weds (09/09)

Was last night the first time Art played "Self Control" on MITD?

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 22, 2015, 11:08:56 PM
Can't think about Enya's "Orinoco Flow" the same way after seeing "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

Awesome flick. Daniel Craig reminds me way too much of Steve McQueen. Long lost brother ?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 01:40:18 PM
Was last night the first time Art played "Self Control" on MITD?

No, he did a couple times already on MITD.

Dyna-X

Will Art's bumpers be what we are playing as we warp out into deep space?  Thursday (09/10) with David Pares

Dyna-X

Friday (9/11/2015) Open Lines.  Have a great weekend ! :)

Dyna-X

Monday (9/14) - Do you wanna go to the stars? I want to go on a starship with green screen controls and Art's bumpers in surround sound.

Dyna-X

Nooo, I didn't forget, I was just going back to the future for the afternoon. Here is Tues: (9/15) with Loyd Auerbach.  BTW, I don't know if #15 coming off that break was a glitch or what.  It began to sound like a double bump of Tupac Amaru then Ross Mitchell chimed in...

Dyna-X

Sleep Well, Everyone.  Weds (9/16) with David Weatherly

Dyna-X

Thursday (9/17) - A new MITD bumper tonight Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting).

Dyna-X

***Here it is!***  The Art's Charts Top Bumper Listing from the Test Show on July 19th through September 17, 2015.  Below  the opener and the closer the counts could be one or two higher on some due to the fact I had to listen to a couple shows via Time Travel, LOL.  So while it might not be good enough for Art's ASCAP and BMI reporting purposes, its good enough to show the classics that have given MITD the "classic" atmosphere.  In the next couple of days I will post a new "Master List" that includes everything since the mid 1990s.  That list has grown to about 310!