• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thread to report pirate uploads/rebroadcasts

Started by Khameleon808, July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

Jesus.. if you guys want to archive the show in full with music, record it yourself.  It's not that hard. And donate if you want.
Art gets paid, we all get a full show, and RIAA can stuff it.  ;D

As I posted in another thread, the music industry are nothing but creepy slimeball locusts.. and I don't expect Art to pay thousands a month so we can download 30 seconds of bumper music lol.

my latest bare bones animation illustrating what is really important in all of this

Meister_000

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 27, 2015, 04:20:01 AM
my latest bare bones animation illustrating what is really important in all of this

.gif files don't work so well on Andriod browsers at least.  Used to be a standard, I know, but . . Try jpeg instead.

Quote from: Meister_000 on July 27, 2015, 04:31:20 AM
.gif files don't work so well on Andriod browsers at least.  Used to be a standard, I know, but . . Try jpeg instead.

Color me curious. How does a gif animation appear on an Android browser? A static image, jerky play, or blank square?

area51drone

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 27, 2015, 04:36:52 AM
Color me curious. How does a gif animation appear on an Android browser? A static image, jerky play, or blank square?

it works on my tablet

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 04:37:46 AM
it works on my tablet

Comments appreciated as I would like for the most people to be able to view and get a laugh, even if it is just a six frame cartoon.

I intentionally used long pauses. That might come across as slow animation performance to some, PVC action figure comedic timing to others.

Never mind the fact I am adding yet more Dave Confusion for new members, but it can't be helped. Heh.

Meister_000

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 27, 2015, 04:36:52 AM

Sorry for the delay. I get the blank square. Google  "gifs on Android"  and you'll see they're problematic.

Quote from: Meister_000 on July 27, 2015, 04:58:48 AM
Sorry for the delay. I get the blank square. Google  "gifs on Android"  and you'll see they're problematic.

Thanks for bringing this up, as I had no idea. Area51 probably has pirated work arounds to guarantee GIF reality.

(And I assume you meant MPEGs in comment 95.)

I hate blank squares, goddamn it.

About to sign off, but will research and play with this. Thanks again, Meister Eckhart and Pirate 51.

area51drone

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 27, 2015, 05:02:59 AM
Thanks for bringing this up, as I had no idea. Area51 probably has pirated work arounds to guarantee GIF reality.

(And I assume you meant MPEGs...)

About to sign off, but will research and play with this. Thanks again, Meister Eckart and Pirate 51.

No nothing special about my tablet, not even rooted.. it's an asus memo pad smart 10 inch.  BTW, enjoyed it :)

Meister_000

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 27, 2015, 05:02:59 AM

(And I assume you meant MPEGs...)

About to sign off, but will research and play with this. Thanks again, Meister Eckart and Pirate 51.

Night   [and I meant .jpg  = jpeg. But you can't  do animated jpegs, perhaps png's ? but they-too aren't supported as well as they should be. Someone else may have a solution for you by the time you get back.]

ItsOver

Unless Art becomes a government funded welfare program, MiTD will get whatever the market will bear.  I don't blame Art for fighting for a fair market and making as much as he can.

Quote from: Meister_000 on July 27, 2015, 05:21:19 AM
Night   [and I meant .jpg  = jpeg. But you can't  do animated jpegs, perhaps png's ? but they-too aren't supported as well as they should be. Someone else may have a solution for you by the time you get back.]

OK, I'm getting your drift now...  to have used a static jpg period, instead of animated gif or any animation.

But still...  glad you got me thinking about mpegs as possibly a greater common denominator to view animation.  I'm guessing Area51's device is the difference here between his being able to see and you getting that damnable blank, but again, have not even begun to research it. Also, was unaware that PNGs aren't supported completely... I tend to post pngs when uploading attachments, but could just as easily post jp(e)gs if that creates more visibility across browsers.

(I can and do sometimes use jpgs to build GIFs, but of course, it's still a GIF in the end result.)

Side Note: I'm really not trying to derail this thread ... just ~geeking and seeking~ a little on the side here as pirate philosophy is discussed.

And as far as where I fall regarding piracy in general ... what's that phrase....?

It's complicated.

But often use the MV stock answer: I've never pirated a thing in my life, Sir. Thank you.

I freely admit I am a paying Time Traveler. A physical benefit ~I~ would like, is that I accrue monthly Time Credits and can use them to purchase EXCLUSIVE promotional items from MITD....

Things like decoder rings, membership cards of various rankings, Magic Cigarette Smoking Easter Island Head Monument trinkets, oddly shaped whistles, Roswell UFO spinning tops, Art Bell's laughing face as a Vari-Vue/winker device, etc. 

All cheaply made novelties ordered by the gross from CHINA maybe, but still cool and ~exclusive~ to MITD.

(For those familiar with the company, think Archie McPhee in the Desert.)

A lot of people would sign up as a Time Traveler just for a shot at such tangible products.

OK, I'm really history in the making now... so to speak.

Looking forward to tonight's MITD.

Peace and Piece of Mind, you vaguely lovable Art Bell lovin' bastards.

area51drone

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2015, 05:25:29 AM
Unless Art becomes a government funded welfare program, MiTD will get whatever the market will bear.  I don't blame Art for fighting for a fair market and making as much as he can.

I agree with this.  I personally think Art *should* try to make money off his show and make money for his kids' future.   I just think he's doing it the wrong way going after pirates.

I also think Keith Rowland does not deserve to make money off this venture.  The guy has been riding Art's coat-tails for what 20+ years?  Art should dump him and hire a real web master.

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 05:39:34 AM
I agree with this.  I personally think Art *should* try to make money off his show and make money for his kids' future.   I just think he's doing it the wrong way going after pirates.

I also think Keith Rowland does not deserve to make money off this venture.  The guy has been riding Art's coat-tails for what 20+ years?  Art should dump him and hire a real web master.

Keith has been working his ass off with DMDN. If it wasn't for Keith Art wouldn't have a platform to come back to. Also Art is not trying to make a profit on the show. Art has said he has money put away for his family. Art is just looking to break even with his show.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 27, 2015, 05:44:18 AM
Keith has been working his ass off with DMDN. If it wasn't for Keith Art wouldn't have a platform to come back to. Also Art is not trying to make a profit on the show. Art has said he has money put away for his family. Art is just looking to break even with his show.

LOL, if it wasn't for Keith, Art would have a much better overall user experience when it comes to his off-air media.  Why Art has allowed such a talentless clown to drive his technology platform is beyond me.   Art dumped him once, he should do it again.

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 06:12:52 AM
LOL, if it wasn't for Keith, Art would have a much better overall user experience when it comes to his off-air media.  Why Art has allowed such a talentless clown to drive his technology platform is beyond me.   Art dumped him once, he should do it again.

Stop being a dick. Keith built the DMDN without him there would be no Platform for Arts show. You are just trolling and trying to be a contrarian. If you want to do that go back to the Falkie thread.

Arts show is working just fine as it is. No need to bitch and moan about Keith.

WhiteCrow

First off... I pretty much agree with everything The Drone posted about Art seeking out other revenue streams and not getting hung up on the pirating issues.

Secondly... Get real Drone, as you posted, Art is doing MNID because he loves his work, but only a fool would think he's not in to maximize his income. Art is no different than any other business that plays the altruistic card to maximize their own income.
Want some proof; he appears to have dropped Ms Redacted because of fan backlash. If he was in it, primarily for the enjoyment, why would he do that? Or maybe Ms Redacted was being used by Art to get BellGab support for the role out.
Whatever... I can spin out a lot of crazy Ms Redacted and Art relationship theories. Point is, Art has not addressed the matter, leads one to questioning his motives... ie was Ms Redacted a pawn in Art's evil game to maximize income and he dropped her like a hot potato after her value was extracted?
If only she would of posted some fan pictures of herself and been part of the role out blitz, all could of been so different for her. Think about it!

Third... I'll pay Art the "fiver" a month when Keith sets up a direct charge to credit cards.
I'll gladly pay for the subscription, not to get the downloaded shows, but rather as an act of fan appreciation. The music is so important to Art that he wouldn't do a show without it, same for me, I don't want listen to the archived downloads without the music.
Which brings us around to the pirated shows, hell yeah, bring them on, with the full music, I'll be listening to them. And hope Art can figure out a way to make a buck off of them.

area51drone

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 27, 2015, 08:28:16 AM
Secondly... Get real Drone, as you posted, Art is doing MNID because he loves his work, but only a fool would think he's not in to maximize his income.

I'm not sure how to read this post, but I'm assuming you saw my previous post that said this.... ?

Quote from: ItsOver on Today at 06:25:29 AM

Quote from: area51drone on Today

I agree with this.  I personally think Art *should* try to make money off his show and make money for his kids' future.   I just think he's doing it the wrong way going after pirates.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 27, 2015, 06:36:09 AM
Stop being a dick. Keith built the DMDN without him there would be no Platform for Arts show. You are just trolling and trying to be a contrarian. If you want to do that go back to the Falkie thread.

Arts show is working just fine as it is. No need to bitch and moan about Keith.

Let's see, it's alright for you to call up the gabcast and scream obscenities at Noory for being a bad radio host but it's not okay for me to (relatively) politely say Keith Rowland isn't much of a webmaster.    I get it now, we live in opposite world.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 08:51:52 AM
I'm not sure how to read this post, but I'm assuming you saw my previous post that said

Yep.. That is correct Sir. I added more crap to my post above, for out gentle reader's enjoyment.

Money making idea: I listen to NPR on the weekends and one of their shows "Wait, Wait...don't tell me" has a prize of Carl Kasell's voice on their answering machine/voicemail. I am sure that Art could charge $10 easy to record an answering machine recording of him saying "This is Art Bell. (Name) can't take your call right now. Leave a message."  How many of us here would pay $10 for that?! I know I would.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: coaster on July 27, 2015, 02:38:47 AM
People who pick and choose when breaking the law is ok or not depending on the material being pirated..odd. If you like Art become a time traveler. I did. That should be enough.

The shit storm I knew I was starting took a little longer to get rolling than I expected, but it picked up in intensity quickly once it did.

Coaster's post above, in large part, foot stomps my original thought on the subject.  As I said, if I listen to pirated MITD, to me it will be no different than the thousands of hours of Art's pirated C2C and DL streams I've enjoyed for the past several years.  Where did I find out about those pirated C2C/DL show streams?  Why CoastGab/BellGab, of course.  In fact references to these streams, and even the torrents, were made regularly here with almost unbounded glee.  Why?  Because we were getting to hear Art while sticking it to the MAN, and Premeir Radio.  People who pick and choose when breaking the law is ok or not depending on the material being pirated..odd.  Indeed, Coaster.

While I can accept listening to any pirated material (and I go way back, still have some of the bootleg albums I bought in the early 70s at Magnolia Thunderpussy's Music Emporium) violates the legally held intellectual property rights of some individual/corporate entity, I've never lost any sleep over it.  I would be disappointed in myself however if I decided which illegal act was wrong and which was wrong but OK as a function of the material being pirated or whose pocket the money went into.  Maybe Jackstar was right (there is, afterall, a first time for everything), maybe engineers do see everything too black and white.  I certainly do in this case.  Lawbreaker?  *raises hand*  Hypocrite?  Not on this topic....yet.