• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thread to report pirate uploads/rebroadcasts

Started by Khameleon808, July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

Khameleon808

Yo yo.

Not sure if there was a post/thread for this or not. But apparently the few uploads on youtube Ive found of MITD have been found and removed.  Wondering do we still msg keith in email, or would a thread be a more appropriate place? 

Running the TC room, im constantly streaming AB stuff via youtube/soundcloud link. And so whenever someone uploads a copy of the new show, it shows up on my list of available videos to play in there.  Since I dont really wanna stream archive MITD shows in there, was wondering if i can redirect those links Art's way.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Khameleon808 on July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM
Yo yo.

Not sure if there was a post/thread for this or not. But apparently the few uploads on youtube Ive found of MITD have been found and removed.  Wondering do we still msg keith in email, or would a thread be a more appropriate place? 

Running the TC room, im constantly streaming AB stuff via youtube/soundcloud link. And so whenever someone uploads a copy of the new show, it shows up on my list of available videos to play in there.  Since I dont really wanna stream archive MITD shows in there, was wondering if i can redirect those links Art's way.

You'll be mentioned in despatches for your community spirited gesture. After that it's only films, music and video games to go.

Khameleon808

Just talking about Youtube.  I am not gonna scour the net for eps.  Only reason I mentioned it is because those ones from a couple nights ago disappeared already.  So someone is already on this campaign,  I was just wondering if there was a consolidated place where these are being posted. 

my state on dickmove piracy has been clear.  I was a fan of the "keep circulating the tapes" msg at the end of mst3k.   

I am just covering my ass since I am only playing DM eps and bumper music in there until he comes on.  Just letting people know that the eps are getting taken down. 

starrmtn001

Thanks for this thread.  I sent a pirate report to keith then realized it was from 2013.  I don't know whether anything posted before 7/20/15 is considered piracy but he has it just in case.

This thread will help keep Keith's inbox from burgeoning with pirate reports.  we just have to report the post with a dead link so it doesn't connect to the pirated show.

For example: bellgab.com  v.s.  bellgam(space).com or bellgab dot com.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 26, 2015, 11:23:22 AM
Thanks for this thread.  I sent a pirate report to keith then realized it was from 2013.  I don't know whether anything posted before 7/20/15 is considered piracy but he has it just in case.

This thread will help keep Keith's inbox from burgeoning with pirate reports.  we just have to report the post with a dead link so it doesn't connect to the pirated show.

For example: bellgab.com  v.s.  bellgam(space).com or bellgab dot com.

I imagine anything posted on any format on any site from any date without the express permission of the copyright holder is pirated. Not just after a certain date.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 26, 2015, 11:30:59 AM
I imagine anything posted on any format on any site from any date without the express permission of the copyright holder is pirated. Not just after a certain date.
Thank you Yorkshire pud.  I wasn't sure how that worked.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 26, 2015, 11:39:49 AM
Thank you Yorkshire pud.  I wasn't sure how that worked.

It depends how determined/wealthy the copyright holder is in pursuing any naughty activity. Ironically if pirated shows hadn't been recorded, AB wouldn't have a back catalogue for all to hear.

Khameleon808

Back then archiving was a bit more expensive if you wanted to do it 'officially'   Today the need to have it everywhere is not as great.  Its cost effective enough to have the option to go back.  Even that 'other' program only offers what 3 years?   That's kinda crap.   I am guessing/hoping the archive access for "Time travelers" will go back as many years as its inception ? :)

Uncle Duke

Not to start a shit storm here, but I'd have no compunction listening to MITD on You Tube or similar sites.  It's really no different in my mind than listening to Art's old pirated shows on the various sites we've all talked about here or recording MITD on my trusty CCrane "Encore" that Art encouraged me years ago to buy to record his shows.  I've also DVRed baseball games without the expressed written consent of MLB.

I have yet to become a Time Traveler, nor will I do so until I can listen to MITD without excessive buffering and/or having to restart TuneIn a dozen times a night.  If MITD was being broadcast on a local terrestrial station, I'd be listening locally and recording it to the Encore anyway.  (Rumors this is going to happen, btw).  I've not tried to find a pirated version of MITD, I've been able to listen to all the shows I've wanted to hear (minus parts I've missed due to TuneIn restarts) but would do so if I missed a guest I wanted to hear Art interview.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 26, 2015, 03:09:02 PM
Not to start a shit storm here, but I'd have no compunction listening to MITD on You Tube or similar sites.  It's really no different in my mind than listening to Art's old pirated shows on the various sites we've all talked about here or recording MITD on my trusty CCrane "Encore" that Art encouraged me years ago to buy to record his shows.  I've also DVRed baseball games without the expressed written consent of MLB.

I have yet to become a Time Traveler, nor will I do so until I can listen to MITD without excessive buffering and/or having to restart TuneIn a dozen times a night.  If MITD was being broadcast on a local terrestrial station, I'd be listening locally and recording it to the Encore anyway.  (Rumors this is going to happen, btw).  I've not tried to find a pirated version of MITD, I've been able to listen to all the shows I've wanted to hear (minus parts I've missed due to TuneIn restarts) but would do so if I missed a guest I wanted to hear Art interview.
I disagree, slightly. I think IF one has donated or become a "Time Traveler" I have no problem with them getting the show from pirates, except that it encourages piracy and theft. But think a better, more honest option, is simply downloading the stream yourself. Just as one would, as you mention, a baseball game. It is the sharing (especially for profit) from piracy or posting the shows online that I have an issue with. And not just for moral reasons! In fact I support, though don't do, piracy for the ilk and crap put out by Hollywood on tv and movies or the Norry show. Bleed the beast. I want Art to make money and continue a good show!

Well, stopping piracy is like stopping a tidal wave with a paper towel.  Youtube takedowns are good enough though, since not many people these days know how to download a binary from Usenet lol.

albrecht

Quote from: boilingpitsofsewage on July 26, 2015, 03:22:24 PM
Well, stopping piracy is like stopping a tidal wave with a paper towel.  Youtube takedowns are good enough though, since not many people these days know how to download a binary from Usenet lol.
I agree. I think Art should embrace it. Not to "compare" him to Alex Jones but in terms of business-wise model of leveraging the internet and sharing (and SW, and radio, etc) to a money-making model. Embrace the openness and sharing, instead of piracy, don't fight it (like Hendrie- where is he now?) Add value, encourage, expand listenership, sell advertizing by imbedded (sort of like he did with 'ads' in the past talking about CCrane, HGH, etc, or encouraging donations and "added value" by being a Time Traveler. Fighting against the sea is a non-starter. Ask King Knut (Canute.)

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2015, 03:28:00 PM
I agree. I think Art should embrace it. Not to "compare" him to Alex Jones but in terms of business-wise model of leveraging the internet and sharing (and SW, and radio, etc) to a money-making model. Embrace the openness and sharing, instead of piracy, don't fight it (like Hendrie- where is he now?) Add value, encourage, expand listenership, sell advertizing by imbedded (sort of like he did with 'ads' in the past talking about CCrane, HGH, etc, or encouraging donations and "added value" by being a Time Traveler. Fighting against the sea is a non-starter. Ask King Knut (Canute.)

Hah yeah I remember when Hendrie went crazy and issued Youtube takedowns to anything that even mentioned him, brilliant marketing strategy.  ::)  I think he might have 5 listeners now, and those are probably made up.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Khameleon808 on July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM
Yo yo.

You can send links to pirated streams or youtube videos of Midnight In The Desert to producer@artbell.com   

DanTSX

Man, Fuck this.  No need to play internet cop here.  Just take care of it in your own way and report it to the hosting company, or to Keith if it's not on a Youtube or something.

SNITCHES GET STITCHES BEOTCH.

I paid my $5 a month.  Don't look at me.

area51drone

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2015, 03:28:00 PM

+1    I was shocked when Redacted said she and others from bellgab were going to go out and be Art's army against piracy, and even more shocked to hear former pirate himself Art say he was going to have the producer actively try to take stuff down.  This seems like such a waste of time and such hypocrisy considering she probably gladly stole premier's shows for years and never felt  one bit of guilt over it.    Even if she didn't, the VAST majority of us here have been.   I support Art and he can do what he wants, but I think he is better off letting piracy go rampant and offering value adds as albrecht suggested.   How about 1 on 1 chats every month like that other program - but god forbid you copy C2C's ideas though, right?   How about  releasing week or month-old programs to youtube yourself so that you build a big subscriber base on youtube and add ads to the channel so it is another revenue stream?   Promote the hell out of being a time traveler on the youtube slots.    How about creating the After Dark newsletter again in digital form, and releasing that for subscribers?   Throw last night's shows up on itunes for downloading at a buck a piece as another revenue stream and so being a subscriber looks like a great deal and offers a non-piracy option for those who missed the show last night.    I'm sure there are a million other ideas people can come up with that are better than trying to stop something that the RIAA with its millions could never do.

Another point - I know $5 isn't that much now a days.  But in this day and age, people are cord cutting like crazy - and when they see entertainment like Netflix available for $8/mo that you get to download a myriad of shows with 10,000x the bandwidth of what a month's worth of Art Bell programs are, subscriptions to Art Bell seem like only a die hard fan option.  If I were Art, I think I would offer a yearly subscription for $20 so that you're deeply undercutting that other show and making them look like a bunch of butt fuckers.   When people have and hear about the option of buying their paranormal talk at a discounted rate for a much better show, they will probably drop their C2C subs and join in with Art.    Assuming Art is reading this - as good as you are, Art, you are still fighting a battle against a huge amount of other entertainment options which are becoming increasingly cheap or free.    Don't make the mistake of putting people off by paying for your program.   There are some podcasts out there that make millions in ad revenue that charge nothing for the podcast at all.

Heather Wade

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 01:42:58 AM
+1    I was shocked when Redacted said she and others from bellgab were going to go out and be Art's army against piracy, and even more shocked to hear former pirate himself Art say he was going to have the producer actively try to take stuff down.  This seems like such a waste of time and such hypocrisy considering she probably gladly stole premier's shows for years and never felt  one bit of guilt over it.    Even if she didn't the VAST majority of us here have been.   I support Art and he can do what he wants, but I think he is better off letting piracy go rampant and offering value adds as albrecht suggested.   How about 1 on 1 chats every month like that other program - but god forbid you copy C2C's ideas though, right?   How about  releasing month-old programs to youtube yourself so that you build a big subscriber base on youtube and add ads to the channel so it is another revenue stream?   Promote the hell out of being a time traveler on the youtube slots.    How about creating the After Dark newsletter again in digital form, and releasing that for subscribers?   Throw the shows up on itunes or downloading at a buck a piece as another revenue stream.    I'm sure there are a million other ideas people can come up with that are better than trying to stop something that the RIAA with its millions could never do.

It's probably buried in the Art thread, but I recall plenty of BellGabbers saying they'd give it a shot when Art asked us.  My question in the interview was not intended to put sandpaper up your butt.  Apologies. 

area51drone

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 27, 2015, 01:53:24 AM
It's probably buried in the Art thread, but I recall plenty of BellGabbers saying they'd give it a shot when Art asked us.  My question in the interview was not intended to put sandpaper up your butt.  Apologies.

Plenty of us have supported him by subscribing.   For you to say you were going to go after pirates seems like hypocrisy to me.   For Art to say he wants to take out piracy seems like hypocrisy to me.    Like it or not, some part of the fact that bellgab is popular is because these old shows are floating around.   You weren't sand papering my butt, you were inviting people to go pirate stuff just so they can say "fuck you."

Secondly, throwing an insult my way and ignoring the meat of my post is exactly why Art should have never had you on as a guest host. 

Daggit

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 01:55:51 AM
And plenty of us have.   But for you to say you were going to go after pirates seems like hypocrisy to me.   Like it or not, some part of the fact that bellgab is popular is because these old shows are floating around.   You weren't sand papering my butt, you were inviting people to go pirate stuff just so they can say "fuck you."

Secondly, throwing an insult my way and ignoring the meat of my post is exactly why Art should have never had you on as a guest host.

Shum bwodys upshewt that their bwoy fwalkie's wideo doesn't have as mwany wiews as redacteds. All that twime wasted weverse twolling him.

A misogynist like you must hate the fact that redacted got the gig.

Heather Wade

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 01:55:51 AM
And plenty of us have.   But for you to say you were going to go after pirates seems like hypocrisy to me.   Like it or not, some part of the fact that bellgab is popular is because these old shows are floating around.   You weren't sand papering my butt, you were inviting people to go pirate stuff just so they can say "fuck you."

I apologize to you, Sir Area51Drone, if I have not adequately responded.  Was not intentionally insulting you.  Have no issue with you.  I read many posts agreeing to help.  I was wrong.  Not looking for a fight. 

area51drone

Quote from: Daggit on July 27, 2015, 02:07:24 AM
Shum bwodys upshewt that their bwoy fwalkie's wideo doesn't have as mwany wiews as redacteds. All that twime wasted weverse twolling him.

A misogynist like you must hate the fact that redacted got the gig.

Throw whatever trollish comments my way you want.   I'm just being honest and trying to help Art the way I see it.   

area51drone

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 27, 2015, 02:08:05 AM
I apologize to you, Sir Area51Drone, if I have not adequately responded.  Was not intentionally insulting you.  Have no issue with you.  I read many posts agreeing to help.  I was wrong.  Not looking for a fight.

I'm not looking for a fight either, and honestly, good for you that you got to meet Art and be on one of his shows.    That doesn't mean I have to agree that it was a good idea.   

The point of my first post is to communicate to Art that there has to be a better way.   If you took that the wrong way, I'm sorry.